• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Arf gray 114300 oyster perpetual

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
LEBLANC
sure, imho:
  • crown on dial wrong
  • markers not as round as gen
  • rehaut font spacing off & unalligned to dial (that seems to be an ARF problem at moment)

Reactions: LEBLANC and vcappp

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
They will never make a 100% super rep. Either they will stop at 99%, or go further till 101%. Reason: in case there are brought to court on counterfeiting charges, they can subpoena all those members who complain it is not 100%, for their defence

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
The lightning is different, but that's not a problem.
The issue is the ARF 2D flat crown on the dial with wrong oval shape

thanks for your response. what I am saying is that it seems like the different lighting reflection makes the look of Coronet 2D flat. isn’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
They will never make a 100% super rep. Either they will stop at 99%, or go further till 101%. Reason: in case there are brought to court on counterfeiting charges, they can subpoena all those members who complain it is not 100%, for their defence

Always curious about the reason why ARF does not make it perfect, even if they have enough skills. It was a mystery.

What you are saying makes a sense.

It seems like now the mystery is solved.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
Apparently the JF 114300 is currently out of stock (no surprise here). I was considering getting the ARF 114300 with the red grape dial, but after reading through this thread I am unsure to whether it will be as close to the gen as the JF, despite the 904 steel. (In fact, I find it hard to justify the price tag for this so-called "added value" when other aspects are being neglected).

I am aware of the mentioned flaws existing on the ARF version. Just curious to know if it applies to all dials.

If anyone has a clue to whether the Red Grape or Rhodium dial version ARF is closer to gen please help me out. I've been considering getting another watch instead.

Reactions: vcappp

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Apparently the JF 114300 is currently out of stock (no surprise here). I was considering getting the ARF 114300 with the red grape dial, but after reading through this thread I am unsure to whether it will be as close to the gen as the JF, despite the 904 steel. (In fact, I find it hard to justify the price tag for this so-called "added value" when other aspects are being neglected).

I am aware of the mentioned flaws existing on the ARF version. Just curious to know if it applies to all dials.

If anyone has a clue to whether the Red Grape or Rhodium dial version ARF is closer to gen please help me out. I've been considering getting another watch instead.

Out of stock permanently or temporarily?

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
some pics from my QC, tbh it looks ok.
Z5Ngbwc

https://i. imgur .com/dOH5GcB.jpg

https://i. imgur .com/Z5Ngbwc.jpg

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Meh. I can see how the JF was the clear winner though. Shame. I contacted Puretime. They no longer sell the JF model.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Out of the new ones, the Black and White are probably the better option, not sure how the blue color matches to gen. Purple and Grey have those circular crowns.

Voske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/17
Hi all, I have the earlier JF version and now also the ARF 1114300 rhodium grey version, here are some comments:
The SEL from the ARF is perfect, 0% play and very close to genuine. The JF is also good but you really see the difference..
The crown on the dial: The 3D effect is also there with the ARF, even slightly more then with the JF (very close and hard to tell), the oval space in the crown is a little more oval with the JF and more round with the ARF. The JF is closer to genuine.
All markers with the ARF are (almost) perfect aligned, with the JF I have the impression that some are always a bit off..
The dial from the ARF is very close to the JF, in my case the ARF is just a little less shiny (which I prefer), color is the same.
When tapping on the clasp (when closed) there's also a clicking sound with the ARF ( same as with JF), not really a problem,.
Difference between 904 and 316 steel is hard to see, I have the impression that the shapes of the case of the ARF are a little more defined (sharper).
Inside the clasp from the ARF GENEV A ( the space is mostly off with the A)is written wrong, for me no problem but JF is better.

My conclusion: Even with the 'wrong' crown and GENEV A, I prefer the new ARF version over the JF.
The ARF arrived in good condition and the movement is working fine for the moment, very silent and smooth to wind. Of course it is the same movement of the JF but this came in with a lot of problems from the start and had to be serviced right away..

Hopes this helps :)

Last edited:

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Awesome @Voske.

thanks for the great review! so this means time to buy a gen dial and fit it on the ARF :)

Norm MacDonald

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/8/17
Hi all, I have the earlier JF version and now also the ARF 1114300 rhodium grey version, here are some comments:
The SEL from the ARF is perfect, 0% play and very close to genuine. The JF is also good but you really see the difference..
The crown on the dial: The 3D effect is also there with the ARF, even slightly more then with the JF (very close and hard to tell), the oval space in the crown is a little more oval with the JF and more round with the ARF. The JF is closer to genuine.
All markers with the ARF are (almost) perfect aligned, with the JF I have the impression that some are always a bit off..
The dial from the ARF is very close to the JF, in my case the ARF is just a little less shiny (which I prefer), color is the same.
When tapping on the clasp (when closed) there's also a clicking sound with the ARF ( same as with JF), not really a problem,.
Difference between 904 and 316 steel is hard to see, I have the impression that the shapes of the case of the ARF are a little more defined (sharper).
Inside the clasp from the ARF GENEV A ( the space is mostly off with the A)is written wrong, for me no problem but JF is better.

My conclusion: Even with the 'wrong' crown and GENEV A, I prefer the new ARF version over the JF.
The ARF arrived in good condition and the movement is working fine for the moment, very silent and smooth to wind. Of course it is the same movement of the JF but this came in with a lot of problems from the start and had to be serviced right away..

Hopes this helps :)

Thanks for the review. Mind posting some comparison pics? Especially interested in the crown differences on the dial as that seems to be the main sticking point. GENEV A in the clasp is really no big deal although would appreciate a comparison shot there as well!

Thank you in advance