• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime 116660 "D-BLUE" ARF SH3135

MMMCCCXXXIII

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/10/18
Hello guys,

This is my first post here.

So I'm about to purchase the Sea-Dweller 116660 "D-BLUE" ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet SH3135, from puretime.

My only concern, is it a totally bad move, because of the SH3135 movement?

I've heard many horror stories, primarily due to the red painted gears, chipped paint causing damage, etc...

Please give me your advice!

P.S the A2824 is not available anymore...

ubzer

Known Member
26/6/18
i had bad issues with the 3135 movement. I would not recommend this SH. But you have no choice if you want a DS.
It`s up to you.

MMMCCCXXXIII

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/10/18
I really want the 904L model, and IMHO this ARF is the closest thing to a gen. Too bad it's only now available with the SH3135 movement.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
ARF’s move to use only clone Rolex movements pisses me off, and has turned my attention back to Noob.

I like to drop etas into my reps, or at least the clone eta movements are easy and cheap to service. I’ll be damned if i’m going to spend £100’s on parts which are harder and harder to find.

At least i got the Sub and Sea Dweller with a trusty 2824.

On the + side, the ARF DSSD has chubby lugs. The Noob is a better shape.

Wraithier

19/6/16
I really want the 904L model, and IMHO this ARF is the closest thing to a gen. Too bad it's only now available with the SH3135 movement.

I disagree, the ARF dial is way too blue and doesn't have as nice of a blue to black gradient. The blue goes too low on the dial.

Take a look at this post:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/272543-dssd-blue-gen-vs-rep-v7-side-by-side

The ARF insert is better though. I have a spongebob bezel on mine though. That dial would drive me nuts though.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
I disagree, the ARF dial is way too blue and doesn't have as nice of a blue to black gradient. The blue goes too low on the dial.

Take a look at this post:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/272543-dssd-blue-gen-vs-rep-v7-side-by-side

The ARF insert is better though. I have a spongebob bezel on mine though. That dial would drive me nuts though.

Yup. V7 + Spongebob is the way to go. I had one and regret selling it. The ARF is way too blue and the VRF looks way too harsh a transition between blue and black.

Can’t wait for a 126660 DBlue to be released.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Noob vs. ARF is a long fight and story, i owned a few of both. There is really no winner and no loser, both are great and have theyre bad sides....
For the Moment the 2824 ARF is not available and i wouldn’t stick to the SH3135, as i had to much trouble with those in the past. Thats my opinion!

If you do a paintmod on the Noob its a great watch! You could source for an ARF bracelet and change the clasp. Thats a big improvement.