• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for Cellini Rolex Super Rep

Dr. Mike

Renowned Member
7/9/15
I am a fan of the Cellini as well. Simply understated elegance. But in the gen world, my observation had always been that Cellini is Rolex's red headed stepchild. (Even thigh the gen ranges $4,000-$15,000).
All of the watches you've chosen are gorgeous. Take your pick, you can go wrong.
It sounds like you're really picky, which is a good thing, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no "SuperRep" Cellini.
I can promise you, you're not going to get called out on your watch. No, they gold won't be as heavy, but who's gonna be handling it?
Buy it, get it serviced and waterproofed. Do a good comprehensive review on here compared with gen. Wear it in good health and be proud of it.
If your worried about plating, find a good gold plater to re-plate as needed.I use Veejay's plating in Manhattan. Even though I'm in NC, VJ does good work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020 and vcappp

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
First, thanks all for your answer, I will go with the time v4
@efajri How much do you pay for it ?
@johnlogan what do you mean by setting time is not same as gen ?
For all : I have few questions
1) Do I have to ask for QC pics before I pay or after I pay ? Sound stupid but real question
2) Can an expert or somebody that know the thing analyse my QC ( I know that we are not allowed to post it directly in the forum) using PM
3) I really like the Rose Gold version but @
dondulah says that it will wear out. Is it real ? Should I choose the silver version instead ?
4) How long the watch should be ok if I use it every day ?
Thanks amazing community here
Will give a review :)

Man you sound pretty stressed out on your ideas about a rep purchase. My advice... relax and just buy one you like. If it is close to gen, get it and love it. Here is some anwers for you (only my personal experience):

1. When you order with a TD, in 99% you 1. Order 2. Pay 3. Get qc pictures automatically when the td sourced the watch 4. You have 24 hours to say no or the watch ships to you.
2. No... and...you will never be happy like that if "the expert misses something". I do it like this: Put the qc on a big scree. Open a gen pic. Compare both and look if anything is a) wrong - then compare it to the example pic on the tds website b) misaligned or broken - ask for a different watch. It will never be perfect. It it looks good on those megamacro pics, it will look great on your wrist.
3. If you like rosegold and treat the watch as if it was real rose gold, it will look fine for years. Who knows if the steel/white version aint plated aswell... seen that already.
4. Depends on if you work in a cupper mine or as a dentist.... the eta clone movements, seagulls etc are really goodnowadays. Still... its a gamble. Mostly the movements live longer than the watch looks good.
5. Most likely not.

Peace!

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I am a fan of the Cellini as well. Simply understated elegance. But in the gen world, my observation had always been that Cellini is Rolex's red headed stepchild. (Even thigh the gen ranges $4,000-$15,000).
All of the watches you've chosen are gorgeous. Take your pick, you can go wrong.
It sounds like you're really picky, which is a good thing, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no "SuperRep" Cellini.
I can promise you, you're not going to get called out on your watch. No, they gold won't be as heavy, but who's gonna be handling it?
Buy it, get it serviced and waterproofed. Do a good comprehensive review on here compared with gen. Wear it in good health and be proud of it.
If your worried about plating, find a good gold plater to re-plate as needed.I use Veejay's plating in Manhattan. Even though I'm in NC, VJ does good work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I googled the plating, there is no Veejay in Manhattan, and found Vijay’s. Do you mean that “ Vijay’s House of Polishing “ in Manhattan, New York 37 w 47th Street ?

thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travisdel67

Horology Curious
1/10/18
thanks all for your answers
So I still hesitate between RG and Silver model but will take this watch for sure (worried a bit about plating and can't spend more than $100 more in this watch)
Amazing community :)

travisdel67

Horology Curious
1/10/18
Last question : If I buy using superbuy and the watch get seized will InTime resend me another one or that's just for the local shipping ?
I live in France

Kakadu786

Renowned Member
Certified
18/4/17
1355709b75a4d1764f52fdd34d8248dc.jpg

Love mine :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
First, thanks all for your answer, I will go with the time v4

@efajri How much do you pay for it ?
@johnlogan what do you mean by setting time is not same as gen ?

For all : I have few questions
1) Do I have to ask for QC pics before I pay or after I pay ? Sound stupid but real question
2) Can an expert or somebody that know the thing analyse my QC ( I know that we are not allowed to post it directly in the forum) using PM
3) I really like the Rose Gold version but @
dondulah says that it will wear out. Is it real ? Should I choose the silver version instead ?
4) How long the watch should be ok if I use it every day ?

Thanks amazing community here
Will give a review :)

Read up on the GEN vs REP movement. Use youtube. Good luck.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
another problem is..

Genuine Cellini ‘s case materials are

white gold

or

rose gold

so there will be a difference in weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKF steel is only 15 grams lighter than GEN white gold. Very few will be able to tell the diff.

Reactions: vcappp

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Hello everybody,
So do you know a good place to buy a gen alligator strap cheap ?

Do you mean Genuine Rolex leather strap made out of alligator skin or Genuine alligator skin/leather strap not pleather?
Also, your level of cheap is different from mine. Is $300 cheap to you? or is $30 cheap to you?

simplysimo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/10/17
Hello everybody,
So do you know a good place to buy a gen alligator strap cheap ?

ABP Concept Paris but it is not cheap at all. Try the customizer and Let us know, the product is better than the one provided by Rolex.