• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Hulk v9 Project

Magamg1

11/8/18

Here Is my Franken Hulk v9..Now it has only a Gen Insert which makes such a huge difference !
Then green insert is much more green and The Numbers are really Clean finished and real Platinum color.
here some pics..
now A Gen Xtal and DW is the next step,think I’m finished then what do u guys think

Reactions: phdsjain

Magamg1

11/8/18
Except the pearl isn’t gen on the insert yet but I Purchased one already..

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Nice..my next mod...gen insert too...congrats...sell me yours if you ever get rid of it

Magamg1

11/8/18
Gen insert is actually hard to get and expensive how I heard.
I was lucky and got it cheap.If you buy one you have to be sure it’s gen because a loose gen Hulk insert is indeed rare.
The gen insert

Magamg1

11/8/18
The gen insert is thinner than the noob much more greenish and the platinum numbers are very clean finished..

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Crazy prices..
i paid 400€ for insert and is 1000% gen.

400 is a steal even without gen pearl...it doesn’t make any sense to drop 1/4 of the price to get a part vs the whole watch but sometimes it’s the chase and feeling of putting together your own personal watch.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Reactions: mikegemmill

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
This price is ridiculous, anyone who pays that is contributing to this madness, €2200 for a bezel? £2000 for a 3135 movement? It’s insane

The value has not gone up, people’s stupidity has gone up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree to the insanity....just like paying $12K in the gray market for a Hulk...but people pay...supply and demand. 18K for the new Pepsi..and $20K for the Daytona.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I agree to the insanity....just like paying $12K in the gray market for a Hulk...but people pay...supply and demand. 18K for the new Pepsi..and $20K for the Daytona.

As stupid as they are for paying that, at least they come out of it with a genuine Rolex. It doesn’t matter how many gen parts you throw on your rep, it’s still a rep and has little value outside the rep world. Look at Daytona dials, they cost less than $500 6 months ago, now they are up to double that because of the noob 4130. Gen owners aren’t buying this stuff, we are. You can call it supply and demand. This is low supply and desperation

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
As stupid as they are for paying that, at least they come out of it with a genuine Rolex. It doesn’t matter how many gen parts you throw on your rep, it’s still a rep and has little value outside the rep world. Look at Daytona dials, they cost less than $500 6 months ago, now they are up to double that because of the noob 4130. Gen owners aren’t buying this stuff, we are. You can call it supply and demand. This is low supply and desperation

Do you want a gen Rolex now...or a wait months?...all comes down to patience or willingness to pay. As far as the rep..it is still a rep...but no matter how much money you put into it (frankens)...I've seen them sell with little to no losses and they do not sit long. All depends on how you want your watch to look like and feel, the level of watch (franken vs stock), and ownership enjoyment. Parts to high demand pieces are rare..I would never pay that price for that combo...probably why those parts are still available...but that's just me.

Last edited: