• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob released 904L Daytona 116500 model

Marius13

23/9/14
Albania
Flaws aside, I'm having a really hard time deciding between white dial or black dial!
Go for the white dial 116520, even if you prefer the Daytona C the white dial is better. I personally love the black dial, but the subdials are far too fat.

I accepted this one today:
37b164ee59729f6a882204a446c748a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru is the weight of 904L different from 316L I just got my white dial v2 yesterday and considering selling if 904L feels heavier. Literally unworn. I got the black dial v2 coming in the mail as well...so mad right now

ARF v2 904 116520 black dial is 141grams, Noob 116520 316 is 138 gram....one link removed on both watches. Concider the different movement and consider bezel size, noob bezel is 2.7 mm and ARF 2.5 but the shape is not gen.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Hey man - to the AP guys out there this is standard price for a rep! What's the fuss? :)

Well, ask the rollie guys who complain about having an almost perfect watch at the cost of a gen clasp :) Go figure. I always knew rollies territory was not my place, I feel dosconnected here, my AP OCD is nothing compared to the overall spirit here. So from now on I’ll keep an eye on the exchanges but keep quite
:popcorn2:

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Princewilliam fair enough comment #51 but those subdials aren't a minor flaw. They are heinous and very obvious so criticism of that is not nitpicking - I do think some other "flaws" are nitpicking though

peterpl

24/7/11
^ Agree. Those subdials are shithouse. WTF

Save your money until they fix that. This is not a minor flaw imho you can actually see that immediately with the naked eye.

Reactions: Opirata

Magamg1

11/8/18
Just one question guys,
does the ARF Dial and bezel Fit on the noob ?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Just one question guys,
does the ARF Dial and bezel Fit on the noob ?

There are several threads, where this was discussed.
Yes, but has to be shaved. ARF dial needs shaving to fit the Noob.
Possible and a very good way to have a nice dial in the Noob.

TimeValue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/16
Go for the white dial 116520, even if you prefer the Daytona C the white dial is better. I personally love the black dial, but the subdials are far too fat.

I accepted this one today:
37b164ee59729f6a882204a446c748a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nice one, ARF or Noob?

Sent from the RWI App

JohnnyBe

3/1/16
Once more,this thread is pathetic.

Members who are bored searching the forum comment what are the flaws etc..questions that have already being answered million times.
Again ARF vs Noob.

To everybody who is claiming for the price of Noob.We all paid big money for a shitty 7750 in the ARF.
Everybody paid 600+ for shitty APs, that had nothing to do compared to gen.
It all comes down to personal preference,i read a few claiming i dont use the chrono bla bla bla so ARF is better,piss off, Neither ARF nor Noob are gen,
both are reps,decent ones.When you buy one of these two makers you buy a rep not a gen,so details that can be seen with a microscope are no flaws.

this is the reason i stopped posting too much in the forum,the conversations are all toxic,from ocd guys paying a fraction of a gen price and demanding a gen watch.

both watches are reps,just enjoy the better ARf bezel or the 4130 clone movement, lol.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
It all comes down to personal preference,i read a few claiming i dont use the chrono bla bla bla so ARF is better,piss off, Neither ARF nor Noob are gen,
both are reps,decent ones.When you buy one of these two makers you buy a rep not a gen,so details that can be seen with a microscope are no flaws.

this is the reason i stopped posting too much in the forum,the conversations are all toxic,from ocd guys paying a fraction of a gen price and demanding a gen watch.

both watches are reps,just enjoy the better ARf bezel or the 4130 clone movement, lol.

You have a point (to a point). Try to understand though, these watches cost double/triple what they did a few years ago. You can argue that the clone movement or the 904L steel justifies the cost or not, but it can be hard to reconcile how a factory is able to master those pretty complicated aspects yet is still unable to get a (relatively) simple thing like the dial right.

Besides, we're in a unique position where some of our observations/critiques actually make it back to the factories via TD's being active on the forums. Sometimes a little bitching and whining serves a purpose ;)

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Nice one, ARF or Noob?

Sent from the RWI App

Look at the font on the ROLEX

Quite clearly incorrect and quite clearly Noob.

Just a reiteration for those that can't use the search bar:

Noob is great apart from dial and bezel insert (every model)

ARF is great apart from movement (non working chrono), thickness (too fat because of the movement, deco plate and caseback), pushers (incorrectly angled)

Case is arguably slightly nicer on ARF although the 904 looks to have remedied this.

ARF crystal is nicer

Hands are better on the noob

Bracelet - no outright winner

To those asking about frankening:

1. ARF and BP dials you may be able to get through a TD. To get either to fit you need to shave the dial as both are 1mm too thick. Gen dial fits without mods. Check the modders section, the guys that have done this are the likes of guru, slaughterer62 and @misiekped

2. You cannot buy the ARF bezel separate you have to buy the entire case set. Insert fits no problem

3. You can swap the parts over and sell the donor watch and that's probably the most cost effective way of doing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk