• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date wheel without numbers

xkavaz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/5/18
Hi, where Van i find date wheels without numbers? I made a perfect Rolex font but i can't find a datewheel vanilla

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Make your own overlay. I'm working on that myself. I need to create an overlay to fit a Seagull movement. I was going to put an actual Rolex DW image in a photo program and place it in a layer above a photo of the Seagull DW. Then shift it around, tweak it etc so all the numbers line up exactly. Hide the first layer so only the new correctly positioned DW shows. Resize it to the exact real size, save the image, take it to a print shop and have it printed on some good card stock, nice matte coating. Then cut to size and glue in place.

At least that's the plan. Lol. If you have other ideas let em rip.

xkavaz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/5/18
Same Story here, i'm a graphic designer so this work is easy for me. I was looking to a vanilla DW but your idea is a lot DIY ahahah
Pay attention to the thickness because if You use a thick paper all the DW Will be more thick and closer to cyclops. If You use a thick paper resize the date at 97/98%. Good luck!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Same Story here, i'm a graphic designer so this work is easy for me. I was looking to a vanilla DW but your idea is a lot DIY ahahah
Pay attention to the thickness because if You use a thick paper all the DW Will be more thick and closer to cyclops. If You use a thick paper resize the date at 97/98%. Good luck!

Cool, thanks for the tip! Please post back on your progress, I will do the same.

Reactions: xkavaz