• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problems with GTM 116710 BLNR from BK

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
Goodmorning everyone

in mid-June I ordered and paid in advance a GTM 116710 BLNR from BK, specifying that I wanted an original ICHS and ETA movement (I saved all the emails exchanged with him)
The purchase price of $ 645 (watch and mods that BK usually makes) + shipping, total € 602

Confirmed that he could find this watch with original ETA movement, I waited for the requested time, about 5 weeks.

That said, when the clock arrived (around mid-August) the first thing I noticed immediately was the date not aligned correctly in its window.

I wrote to him pointing out the thing.
His answer was that he only centers the date vertically and that he sold hundreds of them, and I was the only one to complain.
He advised me to disassemble it and perform horizontal centering.
Clearly he should have done this thing, considering that in order to make his mods he must disassemble the watch

As an alternative, he offered me the refund for $ 645.
Risks and cost to send in America was mine.

Considering that i make open my watchs only by a trusted professional (johnny depp), and that I was going on vacation with the family and the August period, I postponed the decision of some time.

Note that the watch has remained EXACTLY with the packaging (strap and the rest) with which it arrived (I have pictures of the opening of the packaging, the clock etc.)

Back from vacation, I decided to sell it as arrived, with the original packaging and at the same price paid.
(the post you can find it in the sales section)

When I declared the ETA movement in the sale, DocHolliday asked me for evidence.
I sent him all the emails exchanged with BK specifying that I had not opened it
and I would not have opened it to check, I wanted to leave it as it had arrived, without touching it.

DocHolliday, since the piece came from BK (trusted) and seen the emails with i requested ETA movement, he consented
to sale with ETA declaration of movement.

I omit the problems related to the sale, shipping, customs, etc., remains
the fact that at the end a lot of contacts but none serious purchase request.

Having said that at the end of August I withdrew the watch from the sale with the intention, as soon as it was possible for the job,
to make a jump from Johnny depp, open the clock, see how to center the date and eventually put on watch a nice genuine Rolex glass

I went to Johnny depp, we opened the clock on his desk and
we have found a Sellita sw220-1 (ETA clone movement) instead of original swiss ETA

Here are the photos, to note that has the original protection of the strap with which BK sent me
the clock, the same that can be seen in the opening photos of the package.

What i have to do now ??

PS
English is not my native language, politely
try to be simple and without abbreviations in the answers.

Thank you and sorry

Jamos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/13
Uk
This seems unusual? What as BK said about the movement?

He as offered to refund you you so I would send back to him.

tbtheone1

4/12/17
Canada
interesting. Anyone advertising one thing and providing another is sketchy to me but he seems to have a good rep. Lets see where this goes, please update

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
I still have not contacted BK, I am waiting for advice from a mod.

Surely I do not want to assume the risks and costs of sending the piece back to America.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I think you will find a mod would suggest you contact BK!! Why would you not?? Its with him you need to figure it out with. If you get an unsatisfactory answer then talk to the mods. Imo your doing this the wrong way around.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: KJ2020

nvrp813

Known Member
3/9/18
USA
I empathize with you and would not want to be in your situation.

With that said, I do not understand why you would post this on a public forum before trying to reach out to BK. If roles were reversed, I’m sure you would appreciate the buyer reach out to you directly before trying to tarnish your business and reputation.

Good luck and I hope all works out for you in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and mech500

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
I understand what you mean, but he should have noticed the movement different from what I requested, I do not know if I explain myself.

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
Understand your frustration, but a Sellita SW220 is still a swiss made movement if I am not mistaken. No difference in quality than its ETA counterpart.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
As I understand the Sellita is near as dammit the same as the ETA. Swiss made, even has an extra jewel on the ratchet wheel. I would have thought BK used these anyway, as they are more obtainable than the ETA movement.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Shouldnt this have been posted in the TD feedback forum? Why post in the Rolex forum, especially if you havent contacted BK first. Hell, he wont even see it here unless he's perusing the Pop Brands forums... Not sure what the point of this thread is. If its to get Mod input...then why not PM the mods privately? if its to publicly shame BK, then why not put it in his feedback forum???

I feel for you, no doubt. But what do you want from this forum? BK offered a refund...this isnt Nordstrom, its an unregulated fake watch black market...buyers are going to have to assume additional risks from time to time, fair or not.

Reactions: watchboi

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BK doesn't source movements separately or install them. He requests gen Swiss ETA movements from Noob. So apparently this is what Noob is using now as their "gen Swiss movement" option. Please take it up with him first as others have mentioned, then a mod. This should not have been posted publicly yet.

Reactions: mech500

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
BK doesn't source movements separately or install them. He requests gen Swiss ETA movements from Noob. So apparently this is what Noob is using now as their "gen Swiss movement" option. Please take it up with him first as others have mentioned, then a mod. This should not have been posted publicly yet.

Exactly.

I don’t know why people think Bk builds watches himself. He won’t have to do any alignment work on modern reps that are well QC checked at the pictures stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The Sellita SW200 is just as well made as a Swiss ETA - both are made in Switzerland, both are high quality movements. The Sellita is slightly cheaper than the ETA, but if that's what the factories are using as their Swiss movements, then there's nothing else to say.

However, considering the not inconsiderable markup that BK practices for the 1 hour (at most) he spends aligning the dial, crystal and whatever else, I personally would expect a slightly more civil response to questions about the Sellita movement and the calendar wheel alignment.

The Sellita SW200 is the equivalent of the ETA 2836 in terms of quality - not a difficult sentence to type, even for me.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BTW if you reread BK's mod post you will see that his datewheel alignment mod pertains to vertical alignment only. He makes no mention and AFAIK does NOT do any horizontal alignment. That's a whole different can of worms, you should have known he doesn't do this.

From BK's page:
Mods:
- reinstall DWO for better date positions (top to bottom)

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Selita is a Swiss movement. It’s still better than the chinese ETA.

I received 3 watches from BK this morning and one of them has the same issue like yours. I contacted BK and he offered me a resolution which I accepted. If I were you, I would accept what BK offers.

BTW, if the price is right, I would buy it from you. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: KJ2020

RTL2

12/9/18
I would not worry at all about the Sellita movement, as for quite a few years the ETA has not been available to people outside the Swatch stable of watches. The Sellita is a Swiss made clone of the ETA, and is completed to the same standards as the original. In any event, ETA do not make a GMT movement, so even the original would have been modified with non-Swiss parts. Sorry to hear of your problems, and I hope it is all settled to your satisfaction soon.