• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Arf sub Vs. Arf sd v2

jfdupuis

14/5/10
So I own a black dial arf sub and it's an awesome watch, but i'm hearing that the sd v2 is even better. For those who have habdled both what are the major differences?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
The SD43 is thicker and larger in diameter, it doesn't sit nicely as a sub would but if you have a big wrist like mine (7") it'll be fine. It's also heavier and can get uncomfortable if worn loosely unlike the sub. The diver extention is also another feature which you probably will not use.

In terms of the overall looks both come close as the SD43 corrects the issues in the V1, sharp bezel teeth and incorrect cyclops mag.

Both uses 2824 which is wrong for the sub as it doesnt move the same as a 3135 but as for the SD43 its the same as a 3235.

If you like the looks of the SD43 just go for it, you will not regret it, it's an excellent rep ootb.

I do not own a ARF, but having owned a Noob sub before I'd still prefer a sub for its size.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
I have both. I think the SD43 is better in details but the sub is more comfortable to wear.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
So I own a black dial arf sub and it's an awesome watch, but i'm hearing that the sd v2 is even better. For those who have habdled both what are the major differences?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

i have both. I'd say the SD is ever so marginally better made, you can't compare differences because it's a completely different watch - everything is different.

The sub has perfect proportions, so is the better watch overall.

Also drop the v2 thing. You can't get a v1 any more and the only difference is the v2 has a useless decorated rotor, so you would never see the difference.