• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner Hulk gen Insert

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Insert looks gen, but the story about the pearl is bullshit - it's Chromalight and would still be glowing strongly. The pearl was probably cracked and he tried to repair it - and failed.
Without the pearl the insert looses at least 20% of it's value.

Reactions: freediver

Magamg1

11/8/18
Yes looks also gen to me..
very green color nothing to compare with noob inserts and numbers really fine and platinum color.
so what u think price is ok without pearl?
500 he would do also I think.
also purchased a new Gen Daytona Dial with blue lume for 800 but do u think about that price

SadProfessor

1/11/17
I think you need to put us in touch with this guy. There is a lot of business waiting for him.

Magamg1

11/8/18
He is a watchmaker with very good contacts and clients wh sell their Old parts when they buy new one.
has also a 3135 gen movement for 1400€ for sell with blue Chrome spring

thinker1

26/11/17
He is a watchmaker with very good contacts and clients wh sell their Old parts when they buy new one.

No disrespect but it’s just getting silly now. 1400 for 3135 means he either makes it at home and makes sweet 1400 profit or bought it at even lower price to sell ... or maybe it’s house clearance for his retirement. Who knows...

If it’s too good to be true... it probably is!

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
gen hulk inserts are as rare as hen's teeth so if proven to be genuine, TS you should go for it. anyone can chime in what is the next best alternative assuming a gen insert is not possible?

I see so many variants of the Hulk now made available from various factories such as VRF, GMF, DJF on top of the core two Noob & ARF.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

This is nonsense, if Rolex services and changes the parts then the customer only gets his watch back. Customers don't get to sell the old parts back to the watch maker.

Magamg1

11/8/18
He services and changes himself he has a watchmaker shop.
yes insert was gen an AD told me I will provide pics of my Franken hulk later

Sub007

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
18/8/14
Insert looks Gen, only issue is that you will need a full gen pearl with casing. I had one a while ago but these rare as hens teeth. And if you start gluing in rep pearl it will look just awful. Then I advise you to better save up for a full brand new assembly