• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen 3135 movement experts please?

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Hi All - so I need some help please from those with experience with 3135 movements.

I sent off my Franken to a local watchsmith for a service as it was losing 40 seconds a day. My Franken is all gen everything except for JF midcase, including a gen Rolex 3135 movement I bought here on m2m some time ago.

Anyway, the watchsmith tore it down and called me back saying he thought the mainplate looked "weird" and he had never seen a gen 3135 Rolex with an undecorated movement. I trust his judgement as he is well credentialed but I wanted to ask here also what you guys think? He also noted there were 6 screws missing in the movement (no big deal they can be replaced?) but he also noted all the other parts seemed pretty new (and he implied genuine).

First pic is a pic of my mainplate during service, the second pic is another 3135 mainplate he had that was fully decorated (and gen).

@slaughterer62
@zocker4711
@tickleshoes
@occb2

what do you think please? ever seen anything like this before?
f3c8bb3572a0681cb56482c28498ac33.jpg
a331ff1d1f2a5730b250badab5887d7e.jpg

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
I have actually. I got one that had no perlage under the barrel. At first I was freaked out that it wasn't genuine but it was. Someone just didn't feel like decorating the whole thing :)

MrBeasy

8/2/16
I have actually. I got one that had no perlage under the barrel. At first I was freaked out that it wasn't genuine but it was. Someone just didn't feel like decorating the whole thing :)
Thanks alot Tickleshoes, makes me feel a bit better!

I have been trying to compare the two pics and the Rolex lettering at the bottom of the two main plates looks similar - is there anything else I should be checking or looking at to try determine if mine (top pic) is genuine?

MrBeasy

8/2/16
Anyone know if Yuki and SA 3135 come with decorated main plates or are undecorated like my pic?

From google it looks like Yuki movements have light decoration - but am just wondering if there is a chance the movement I bought was all gen EXCEPT the mainplate (seems odd to me that everything else is gen).

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
You can definitely tell it‘s not an SH or SA mainplate, but hell, this is strange :/
Go on an keep cutting costs Rolex. One day you will be treated as the „Casios“ among the luxury brands.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
smoke QueTip can I get your opinion on this please?

Looks gen to me. Just without the perlage. This could just be another factory reject that made its way out of the factory to be sold on grey market rather than being thrown away.

Ive seen a similar one in the past.

Reactions: MrBeasy

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
smoke QueTip can I get your opinion on this please?

I agree with que Also agree Rolex are cutting corners and being lazy on this main plate. Yukki or sh main plate will not accept all gen parts lile the balance etc etc.so it's defo gen .But either a factory second. Or they can't be bothered to decorate some of these

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip and MrBeasy

MrBeasy

8/2/16
I agree with que Also agree Rolex are cutting corners and being lazy on this main plate. Yukki or sh main plate will not accept all gen parts lile the balance etc etc.so it's defo gen .But either a factory second. Or they can't be bothered to decorate some of these
Thanks both. I appreciate the insight.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Missing 6 screws and still runni g, wow, thats what I call quality.....;)......btw, have never seen one without perlage.....

Reactions: MrBeasy