• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona ARF - NOISEY

Nhardwick8

Horology Curious
7/3/18
I received my Daytona ARF V2 from chazing time today. I’m new to the rep game btw. I’ve seen people on here talk about the ARF’s rotor being loud. When I move the watch I can here spinning inside! Crazy loud!
Is this normal or? Any help would be great guys.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
They have differing degrees of loud, but yeah, they're not good. Many people either take out the fake deco plate and shit rotor, replacing the rotor with a gen ETA (depending on movement). Personally I just took the rotor out and left it as a handwind as I rotate my watches daily (or more often) and have no need for them to be automatic.

Nhardwick8

Horology Curious
7/3/18
It’s stupid loud, almost rattles when I move it. Are the noobs the same? Can you explain in simple terms for me as I’m new to this lol. Did you remove the rotor yourself etc?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I've not got a noob, but I understand they're not noisy.

It's easy to do yourself, but I wouldn't want to do it for the first time ever on a new ARF. Buy a broken movement to practice on perhaps? Or get a modder to help out.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Throw it away or sell in parts

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
The ARF Daytona is out of the box loud, this is correct.
Main reason is the decoration plate and installed rotor.

Corrective action is to remove the ARF deco plate and rotor and install a rotor for an ETA 7750 instead.
This action helps to reduce the noise extremely and helps to have better movement winding.

Here a link for a rotos as example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oscilliati...320569?hash=item2f1f6735b9:g:YsEAAOSwQFhbY1IL

And to be honset - nobody needs this shitty deco plate from ARF.
Other positive result is, when you have removed the deco plate and standard ARF rotos and install an ETY rotor - you can install also a slim caseback.
Than you have real "slim" like Gen Daytona. :)

Last edited:

Nhardwick8

Horology Curious
7/3/18
Thanks!! Think I’ll do that ASAP. You know the best place to get a slim caseback?

Matt5513

9/3/18
The ARF Daytona is out of the box loud, this is correct.
Main reason is the decoration plate and installed rotor.

Corrective action is to remove the ARF deco plate and rotor and install a rotor for an ETA 7750 instead.
This action helps to reduce the noise extremely and helps to have better movement winding.

Here a link for a rotos as example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oscilliatin...EAAOSwQFhbY1IL

And to be honset - nobody needs this shitty deco plate from ARF.
Other positive result is, when you have removed the deco plate and standard ARF rotos and install an ETY rotor - you can install also a slim caseback.
Than you have real "slim" like Gen Daytona. :)

Where to find a slimmer caseback?
Removing the deco plate is something easy to do? I mean, after removing that, is the movement loose in the case and needs some work on clamps or is it ok?
Thank you!

Last edited:

bny107

Known Member
8/3/17
find a watchsmith, you cant do

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 RWI

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Matt5513
Try some TD's (best your long time TD you have already business relationship) and ask him to source a slim caseback. You can use the JF Daytona (faux Chrono Daytona version from JF) caseback but also the Noob one should fit.

To remove deco plates and deco rotor, you can do this when you have the skills ;) if not, ask you watchsmith / modder to do this.
Install also an ETA rotor instead. Than the winding is much better and the movement is slimmer with this ETA rotor.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Matt5513

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
The ballbearings on the rep rotor are of less quaiity.....a gen 7750 rotor will solve the problem....

swisstswiss

Known Member
3/5/18
+1 remove the decoplate,change the rotor whit an eta gen...lubrificate it and change case back whit correct one...you can remove it from old noob 2824 or jf2813...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Matt5513

9/3/18
Matt5513
Try some TD's (best your long time TD you have already business relationship) and ask him to source a slim caseback. You can use the JF Daytona (faux Chrono Daytona version from JF) caseback but also the Noob one should fit.

To remove deco plates and deco rotor, you can do this when you have the skills ;) if not, ask you watchsmith / modder to do this.
Install also an ETA rotor instead. Than the winding is much better and the movement is slimmer with this ETA rotor.

Thank you!
If it needs mod to clamps etc... I'll ask to a modder, otherwise I could try, in the past I worked on same 2836 and solved the keyless problem, but I'm not an expert for sure, just a novice with passion :)

Matt5513

9/3/18
I'd like to try to remove the deco plates and rotor: I saw that the 7750 rotor is 1431/1 part, could it be the same 1431/1 rotor as the 2824/2836? I ask because I have a couple of Swatch 2840 and I could try that rotor.

Thank you!

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Is it important to change with slimmer caseback or it is only for watch to be slimmer? Can this modding cause problem if i put stock caseback from arf when deco plate is removed? Tnx

RollieFingerz

Former Supporter/Patron and now NO SALED for profi
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/7/19
Does anyone know a watch smith near the San Diego area that can mod an ARF with the above mentioned specifics?