• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dedicated 5513 appreciation thread.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Are they good enough out of the box? Not rly afraid of being called out but ain't that happy for wearing canalstreet looker.... The clone mvmnt is, if it's good enough

In my opinion yes. The JKF/Cartel vintage ones are excellent and great value for money. My suggestion is buy the accessories with it if you can namely a Rivet bracelet, that is just my bias as I love them. I have worn many unmodded JKF watches and the quality is really good.

Reactions: Karbon74

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Upxph.jpg

Upews.jpg

Up9dD.jpg

UponU.jpg

ViralBurrito

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/16
USA
In my opinion yes. The JKF/Cartel vintage ones are excellent and great value for money. My suggestion is buy the accessories with it if you can namely a Rivet bracelet, that is just my bias as I love them. I have worn many unmodded JKF watches and the quality is really good.

Which TD would you recommend to go thru for a Cartel?

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
I have one of these bad boys and was going to have a dude on the forum across the street "vintagize" it. But I lost contact with him. I have some parts to swap (better face, hands, lower crystal) and would like to add a rivet bracelet. Recommendations on best place to get the rivet bracelet? Also, more importantly, any recommendations on a guy to do a little patina and some pretty standard mods? Tripdog is awesome -- I spoke with him about another watch -- but I have to save up to pay for his particular brand of artistry.

I know there are a bunch of people out there, some enjoy giving these 5513s a little vintage flair. Any favorites?

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
I have one of these bad boys and was going to have a dude on the forum across the street "vintagize" it. But I lost contact with him. I have some parts to swap (better face, hands, lower crystal) and would like to add a rivet bracelet. Recommendations on best place to get the rivet bracelet? Also, more importantly, any recommendations on a guy to do a little patina and some pretty standard mods? Tripdog is awesome -- I spoke with him about another watch -- but I have to save up to pay for his particular brand of artistry.

I know there are a bunch of people out there, some enjoy giving these 5513s a little vintage flair. Any favorites?

A price for a price. If u pay something less u will get nothing good but worst in the case. So better save up a bit more to go for my professional modder like tripdog rather u looking around to a cheaper modder but give u nightmare.

Just stick to a professional modder will be safer for you mate.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryl80

6/10/12

Hi all

Thank you for sharing your beautiful time pieces. I looking for my next watch so this seems perfect.

While I understand that ultimately only a franken could result in standard here may I ask what are the logical sequence of upgrades? Would the cartel serve as a good base or are there better options.

So far I have
1. JFK/ cartel to begin with
2. Accessories with a rivet bracelet (welcome thoughts on where to get one also)
3. Yuki dial then hands ???
4. Sent to trip dog to make it shine???

Thanks in advance for your input

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi all

Thank you for sharing your beautiful time pieces. I looking for my next watch so this seems perfect.

While I understand that ultimately only a franken could result in standard here may I ask what are the logical sequence of upgrades? Would the cartel serve as a good base or are there better options.

So far I have
1. JFK/ cartel to begin with
2. Accessories with a rivet bracelet (welcome thoughts on where to get one also)
3. Yuki dial then hands ???
4. Sent to trip dog to make it shine???

Thanks in advance for your input

You are on the right path. Riyi on ebay sells fine Rivets for around $30. However Yuki 7206s at $190 are closer to the real thing but they do need a lot of work.

Reactions: itgoes211

Daryl80

6/10/12
You are on the right path. Riyi on ebay sells fine Rivets for around $30. However Yuki 7206s at $190 are closer to the real thing but they do need a lot of work.

Thank you

Great insight. Will progress with a cartel order through Sead now.

But really 190 bracelet still requires work?!? Wouldn’t the Riyi be better with more budget for any work?

Either way if I can keep you guys informed on my build welcome the collective knowledge here on how to incrementally improve the build.

Cheers!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Thank you

But really 190 bracelet still requires work?!? Wouldn’t the Riyi be better with more budget for any work?

Either way if I can keep you guys informed on my build welcome the collective knowledge here on how to incrementally improve the build.

Cheers!

If you are ordering from Sead ask him if he can get you a Cartel/ BP/ JKF rivet bracelet, they are better quality than Riyi in my opinion. Sorry I for got to mention that.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Thank you

Cheers!

BP/Cartel/JKF are all the same thing.