• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dedicated 5513 appreciation thread.

nest1

Known Member
2/9/18
Pvpcd.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

pessoa67

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
So beautiful Yllekp...this 5513 will be my guiding light...do you think it is possible to find out a Rep 600ft/200m dial or only Gen ones on the market??
Tks
Roberto

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
So beautiful Yllekp...this 5513 will be my guiding light...do you think it is possible to find out a Rep 600ft/200m dial or only Gen ones on the market??
Tks
Roberto

Here's everything and more you'd ever want to know about feet-first dials:

http://www.5513mattedial.com/About.html

This site covers all the 5513 matte dials, so it starts with the first, meters-first dials, around 1966, and goes up through the introduction of the gloss dial with white gold surrounds and "Submariner" above the depth rating (like yllekp's) around 1984. The "classic" feet-first ran from ~ 1969 until 1976, the maxi-dial was introduced in 1977. Of course there are variations within both the classic (serif vs. non-serif) and maxi (at least 5 known variants) runs. The James Bond character wore the classic feet-first 5513 three times: On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Live And Let Die, and The Man With The Golden Gun.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

solipsistic

22/10/11
Just finished a franken[SUP]2[/SUP] 5513/14060 build. With some nontrivial mods to the case and movement I installed a gen 14060 dial without shaving or clipping the dial feet mounted on a 2836 into a cartel 5513 case. This was originally an experiment to determine whether it is possible to mod a 2836 to accommodate the dial feet on a gen 3130/3135 dial (turns out this is doable but more difficult than dealing with 1520 dial feet). Other specs: Sternkreuz #19 crystal, Athaya crown/tube, overpriced aluminum foil quality WSO insert, and a seatbelt nato.

Pir1f.jpg

PiALX.jpg

Last edited:

pessoa67

10/10/18
Thanks Yllecp and cheld...a lot of study is first step...Yuki is China based?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Thanks Yllecp and cheld...a lot of study is first step...Yuki is China based?

Either China or Vietnam. I think China. It has been a while since i bought stuff from them.

pessoa67

10/10/18
vY3RyHf.jpg
[/IMG]Hi Guys...as child's first steps my 5513 start from here...first reshape and polish, holes lug seems too external to me as I wanted to drill them...I don't know....dial as reveived from Andrew too yellow to me...I've bought also a riveted bracelet...next steps change crystal as I don't like this superdrome, service the movement or change it with a Myota if possible as my watchmaker said is far better (I don't know maybe you all can give me advice on it...)
Bezel rotates too freely....how can I solve it??

vY3RyHf.jpg
[/IMG]

23wtwma.jpg
[/IMG]
23wtwma.jpg
[/IMG]
23wtwma.jpg
[/IMG]

pessoa67

10/10/18
Sorry I can't find right way to upload pics...I usually use Tinypic, I've read to use Imgur but it failed, well...I failed......

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Sorry I can't find right way to upload pics...I usually use Tinypic, I've read to use Imgur but it failed, well...I failed......

use picr.me - this is our in-house hosting service;)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
vY3RyHf.jpg
[/IMG]Hi Guys...as child's first steps my 5513 start from here...first reshape and polish, holes lug seems too external to me as I wanted to drill them...I don't know....dial as reveived from Andrew too yellow to me...I've bought also a riveted bracelet...next steps change crystal as I don't like this superdrome, service the movement or change it with a Myota if possible as my watchmaker said is far better (I don't know maybe you all can give me advice on it...)
Bezel rotates too freely....how can I solve it??

vY3RyHf.jpg
[/IMG]

23wtwma.jpg
[/IMG]
23wtwma.jpg
[/IMG]
23wtwma.jpg
[/IMG]

There are vintage modders here that can do that work for you. I cannot name them as they are not all supporting vendors but dig around and you will find them in the vintage section and descriptions of their work.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/vintage-watches

The dial can be changed. Yuki (look in the Trusted Dealer section) does a lot of 5513 dials. They are for the 2836 hi beat version. If yours is a 2813 movement the dial feet will be different so need to be clipped. I would not go for a Myiota muyself but would prefer a low beat non hacking ETA movement.

The xtal for a 5513 is a Tropic 19 (T19) there are plenty of aftermarket options or indeed gen xtals available.

The bezel can be tightened by slightly (I mean very) slightly bending the bezel ring. I am no modder and there are people out there more expert than me at doing this.

pessoa67

10/10/18
Next step I'll try to mod CG....here the Body....with aged dial in house....I kwon i so far from perfection...is a walk....

PakUD.jpg

Pax4U.jpg

PaGG8.jpg

Reactions: C Master