• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Batman Bezel assembly onto noob GMT help

2manywatches

19/4/07
After years of asking my buddy that got me the gen Hulk bezel assembly just got me the batman! Now onto installing it. When I did the hulk I had to have the retaining ring ground down a bit. Not sure if that is what needs to happen here. When I put the bezel on with nothing else it goes down and is a bit loose. When I put the rachet clicker thing, ya know the part with the 3 pins that sit in the assembly and go on the case of the watch allow it to click.. well it wont snap down and seizes. Any advise as to what need to happen so I can ask the watchmaker to do it again. He can do it for me, if I tell him what to do lol

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
are you mixing & matching parts? IE gen bezel w/ ceramic insert + noob retainer ring / inner assembly?

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
The issue is the mix and matching of the parts. The assembly must have uniform parts like the submariner or rep modified to gen spec. My assumption based on your comment is that the rep retainer ring does not allow the gen assembly to sit comfortably. Wasnt sure what rep parts you were using. Keep in mind you can find gen bezel assemblys for the 116710 for like $500 on ebay. Maybe worth while to buy & use on your BLNR.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
The issue is the mix and matching of the parts. The assembly must have uniform parts like the submariner or rep modified to gen spec. My assumption based on your comment is that the rep retainer ring does not allow the gen assembly to sit comfortably. Wasnt sure what rep parts you were using. Keep in mind you can find gen bezel assemblys for the 116710 for like $500 on ebay. Maybe worth while to buy & use on your BLNR.

This is what I would do. I'd buy an entire assembly for the ~$500 range to get the cyrstal retainer, springs, etc. Then sell the bezel/insert on here, and do a complete gen install. If you're going to spend the money on a gen BLNR bezel, might as well do it right.

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
You need to accurately measure all the mating surfaces to see where the problem is. ID of bezel ring should be slightly smaller than the OD of the crystal for a snug fit etc...
Your watchmaker can easily do this without explicit directions. if not, Find another watchmaker.

B

2manywatches

19/4/07
Guys, I have the gen bezel assembley with all the parts. Also it would not fit down with out the retainer ring. I used only the click spring. Tried with and without the retainer ring