• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF deep sea case breakdown

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’s not the same size as the one for sd43, I believe

You could be right i thought I used an SD43 hytrel on my deepsea but I could be wrong... it was a while ago.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I have SD43 hytrel ring here, if someone knows the diameter of the the hytrel seat on the crystal retainer I can check if it’ll work

Queenkong

Horology Curious
19/1/20

The gaskets finally arrived and while the diameter seems right, I don't know what's wrong that I can't sit the bezel in easily. As the ring needs adjustments (pushing, adjusting and stretching a little) to sit around the case nicely firmly, when it's in the bezel, it just isn't able to go in. I don't know how best to describe this challenge.

Any advice? =(

Or is the gasket a wrong purchase?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

The gaskets finally arrived and while the diameter seems right, I don't know what's wrong that I can't sit the bezel in easily. As the ring needs adjustments (pushing, adjusting and stretching a little) to sit around the case nicely firmly, when it's in the bezel, it just isn't able to go in. I don't know how best to describe this challenge.

Any advice? =(

Or is the gasket a wrong purchase?

unfortunately it can be pretty hard to press the bezel on after the whole case has been put together. The deep sea crystal retainer has a deeper groove or seating area and and a larger flange that the hytrel has to slip over. After taking apart the case I ended up using a die under the OGEV ring while its in the case and sat everything in together. Put the crystal gasket on the OGEV then push the crystal into the gasket, sit the bezel over it then placed the retainer in last... pressing it down over the crystal gasket and into the bezel at the same time, don’t forget to put the click springs in before the bezel lol.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Ps make sure the hytrel ring is in the bezel before pressing the retainer in

Reactions: theclaw25

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
in some cases you have to remove the insert and pull out the clamping ring and put it from above! into the bezel. than press the complete unit on the crystal and put the ceramic insert back

Reactions: mnkoshka

Queenkong

Horology Curious
19/1/20
Apparently fixing it back with a broken teflon ring is so much easier. And the bezel assembly sits flushed without gaps like original. But turning the bezel is a bitch and after 1 full round, its completely stuck. Haha I guess the broken teflon ring ends are entangled inside.

At least now I can wear the watch without having to glue the bezel to the case. Temp fix.

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Hello people, I hope everything are nice and bless with you and your families. Guys ( the gurus here RobSe1, occb2) some body know is this Crystal gasket for the ARF Sea dweller 116660, ceramic. sale this part..?? Because man this piece is very hard to find even here from TD is very hard. I start to make a big project soon with the ARF Sea dweller but I will need this part. Some body have a experience with other crystal gasket installation to this ARF Sea dweller?? Some one has changed this parts without any problem with a generic ones?? Please let me know.

thumbnail-20181219-230435.jpg
[/QUOTE]

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
The generic ones doesn't come with the lip that's the problem some people say the original no come with this lip, but if you see the assembly scheme of the sea dweller the crystal gasket have a extrusion or lip around it...oh..boy...oh boy....oh boy.....