• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF deep sea case breakdown

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
on it Bro TY !

Reactions: RobSe1

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
i want a ARF DSSD insert , any idea on how to score one ?

Rad you try with mr time zone? Try matte, he talk to me and he told me ARF still make parts for ARF DSSD SH3135 (904L). maybe you can found one before is to late. The only little problemita is, after china year the guy is busy like hell.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Rad you try with mr time zone? Try matte, he talk to me and he told me ARF still make parts for ARF DSSD SH3135 (904L). maybe you can found one before is to late. The only little problemita is, after china year the guy is busy like hell.

i will sir , TY

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ARF is the best insert otb - or you could try the Molotow paintmod?

ill go ARF first, if i dont like it , ill go spongebob

zoabrigo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/16
Wxcept the platinum markers on the arf bezel are notoriisly known to discolor or fade. Instant tell

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Currently sourcing These Parts via TDs have become a pain in the ass.

Sent from the RWI App

That parts and the crystal gasket for the ARF is almost impossible to find. Waiting for month for the Crystal Gasket from Mr. Time zone. and just be careful if you try to removed the hytrel from the bezel. I make that big mistake for recommendation, after talk to couple guys here they said do not intent to do that ever. IT IS NOT NECESARY. I ready do. SO right now I have a garbage case. not crystal gasket, not hytrel from the ARF DSSD 44mm 904L. Now I try to find some TD who can sale me a ARF complete case. *&^^%%$##……….:mad::mad::mad:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
That parts and the crystal gasket for the ARF is almost impossible to find. Waiting for month for the Crystal Gasket from Mr. Time zone. and just be careful if you try to removed the hytrel from the bezel. I make that big mistake for recommendation, after talk to couple guys here they said do not intent to do that ever. IT IS NOT NECESARY. I ready do. SO right now I have a garbage case. not crystal gasket, not hytrel from the ARF DSSD 44mm 904L. Now I try to find some TD who can sale me a ARF complete case. *&^^%%$##……….:mad::mad::mad:

Ah mate that sucks!! My hytrel gasket brome also. And you dont need to remove it but I did for machining purposes and it got a little damaged. I machined a Teflon one but the Teflon doesn’t hold a good formed shape. I needed up replacing my hytrel with a omega planet ocean bezel retaining wire and it super smooth and holds the bezel right to the case with no gap. Feels ten times better than the cheap nylon the rep had. I’m still very interested as to what the deal is with the crystal gasket and why the aftermarket ones are different. I thought the ARF case was a 1:1 copy

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Ah mate that sucks!! My hytrel gasket brome also. And you dont need to remove it but I did for machining purposes and it got a little damaged. I machined a Teflon one but the Teflon doesn’t hold a good formed shape. I needed up replacing my hytrel with a omega planet ocean bezel retaining wire and it super smooth and holds the bezel right to the case with no gap. Feels ten times better than the cheap nylon the rep had. I’m still very interested as to what the deal is with the crystal gasket and why the aftermarket ones are different. I thought the ARF case was a 1:1 copy

mnkoshka like you say: that watch is 1:1 replicated matte. (almost same like original) I just found the hytrel here,(look bellow) but I damaged 3 of them. So the best way is put the hytrel on the bezel first and later push the bezel over rim, if you install the rim first over the crystal gasket, install the hytrel on the bezel and push the bezel You're never going to fix it. So the best way is: All Individual. install the hytrel on the bezel and push over the rim after that take the bezel over like one piece with the rim and hytrel ready install a push over the crystal gasket. Shi&^%$ this is a pain in the botton mate....Hahahahaha…!!! The bezel rotate very good but not excellent. I can hear the 120 click lol...!!! But believe or not I throw the watch on 13 feet pool for 5 minutes and hold the pressure very good. I don't have water meter pressure. So that is my way....I talk to you later what I used for hold the pressure.

For the future is a great idea find a omega planet ocean hytrel. sound great mate!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-BEZEL-GA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
mnkoshka like you say: that watch is 1:1 replicated matte. (almost same like original) I just found the hytrel here,(look bellow) but I damaged 3 of them. So the best way is put the hytrel on the bezel first and later push the bezel over rim, if you install the rim first over the crystal gasket, install the hytrel on the bezel and push the bezel You're never going to fix it. So the best way is: All Individual. install the hytrel on the bezel and push over the rim after that take the bezel over like one piece with the rim and hytrel ready install a push over the crystal gasket. Shi&^%$ this is a pain in the botton mate....Hahahahaha…!!! The bezel rotate very good but not excellent. I can hear the 120 click lol...!!! But believe or not I throw the watch on 13 feet pool for 5 minutes and hold the pressure very good. I don't have water meter pressure. So that is my way....I talk to you later what I used for hold the pressure.

For the future is a great idea find a omega planet ocean hytrel. sound great mate!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-BEZEL-GA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yes that’s the correct and best way to install the bezel assembly, same as the Sub and other sport models. The omega one is the stainless steel spring wire no hytrel and works in similar way. Did you end up getting aftermarket crystal?

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
So is the hytrel problem solved by using a omega planet Ocean one fixed ? So I can remove mine without having the problem of parts availability when I mess it up?My dssd Chrystal is pressed in at an angle and the pip on the bezel needs to be aglined ?

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
. Did you end up getting aftermarket crystal?
not yet mnkoshka, (I still looking for one) but I change the winding stem for original one and the Complete automatic device module # 3135-145. I manipulated to much the crystal and have very tiny hair scratch inside. but is almost invisible. I very surprise with that because this ARF come with "Sapphire Crystal". Next project is change Hair spring barrel for original, Crystal and the Dial. After this update the watch is a bullet proof franken....

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
So is the hytrel problem solved by using a omega planet Ocean one fixed ? So I can remove mine without having the problem of parts availability when I mess it up?My dssd Chrystal is pressed in at an angle and the pip on the bezel needs to be aglined ?

I used an older planet ocean metal spring wire that’s bent like an hexagon. It worked fine for me. If all else fails they at least sell a replacement aftermarket one on eBay now. If press the assembly and crystal out from the back first you shouldn’t damage anything

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I had a play with the gen today and the crystal has a lower dome angle also as well as hight hight I’ll try take some comparison photos next week. I might purchase the aftermarket crystal off eBay just worried the gasket will be different. They just don’t look right in the photos on eBay... the gasket is missing the step that even the gen seems to have from the parts diagram.

Last edited: