• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF deep sea case breakdown

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
So I probably shouldn't reseat the glass on my noob v7.5? Or is there only the risk if you don't have mimu experience?

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
So I probably shouldn't reseat the glass on my noob v7.5? Or is there only the risk if you don't have mimu experience?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Raddave haha if only it didn't take so long to machine it, I had to experiment a little and teflon ain't cheap in bar form. Had to grind up some really sharp HSS tools to decrease deflection. Teflon likes to avoid the cutting edge and slide over form tips rather than be cut by them. If I can get a good process going I could make a few.

Ive seen aftermarket ones on eBay for ceramic sub and gmt but no sea dwellers :(

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
RobSe1 thanks mate I have machined many gaskets but it's bloody hard lol.
Yeah there was definitely something suspect about that eBay seller and that thread on RG

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
RobSe1 here'sa few pics. The bezel and case gap is very minimal now and turns nice and tight

This looks awesome mate, really!
I think i would be an awesome part for selling, especially when the gap gets smaller too.

What Movement is in it? I forgot

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
RobSe1 I'll look into making a few if I get time lol. It's the SH3135

I would take one Mate :) Thanks! Do you have an issue with the date quickset? Had the SH before and it was a Nightmare ^^

I ordered the VRF version, let’s see what it is. But looks promising to get a good ARF/VRF Hybrid maybe. :D

Do you have some DSSD parts up for sale?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I havnt really looked at the VRF the dial seemed good in some photos, please post your thoughts on here hopefully it's solid. I havnt had any issues with any SH movement yet Fingers crossed I don't experience any for a while. Date works very well and winds smooth, keeps good time. I think it's hit & miss. Sorry mate I don't have any parts just the ARF black Dial

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
That’s good to hear!! I cross my Fingers, too.
yes i also think its a hit or miss game with the SH.
sounds you got a hit mate :D

That VRF looks freaking good! got QC and i‘m really impressed, never thought it looks this good.

will do a big review for it when it arrives. Dial Colour is spot on! We‘ll see :)

I love that Watch. Saving Money to get a gen some day.

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Hello Rob now is when I start my project. I will need your recommendation here Rob or any mate who can help me. I was washing my hand simple like that with my watch, some soap go over my watch so I just removed the soap with some water. After 10 minutes I see a little fog inside the watch crystal. Immediately I just removed the movement from the case and decide to start my project because anyway I need to took everything out to the case and put the watch water proof. So when I start to disarm the watch I see two different problems:
1)- The watch come without the titanium Clamping ring. How I can found that piece?
2)- I see the Crystal gasket damaged. ( that happen when I have the problem with the crystal was to high over the bezel and that make me like a maniac.

Another question is Rob what is the Hydrel Bezel Gasket?. Is that little thing in Stanley steal? like the photo show? Because take a lot removed the bezel I don't know if I damaged this thing. ( please I need some help here)

Hytrel.jpg

thumbnail-20181219-230435.jpg

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Hello Rob now is when I start my project. I will need your recommendation here Rob or any mate who can help me. I was washing my hand simple like that with my watch, some soap go over my watch so I just removed the soap with some water. After 10 minutes I see a little fog inside the watch crystal. Immediately I just removed the movement from the case and decide to start my project because anyway I need to took everything out to the case and put the watch water proof. So when I start to disarm the watch I see two different problems:
1)- The watch come without the titanium Clamping ring. How I can found that piece?
2)- I see the Crystal gasket damaged. ( that happen when I have the problem with the crystal was to high over the bezel and that make me like a maniac.

Another question is Rob what is the Hydrel Bezel Gasket?. Is that little thing in Stanley steal? like the photo show? Because take a lot removed the bezel I don't know if I damaged this thing. ( please I need some help here)

Hytrel.jpg

thumbnail-20181219-230435.jpg

Hey Mate,

ok so I think its a good time to repair your watch when it isn't water resistant anymore.

It looks like that clamping ring is still sitting in your bezel (that stainless steel ring your pointing on your pic). Under the ring on a notch on the bezel there is that hyrtel/teflon ring. So you have to pop out the clamping ring from the bezel. You have to push it through from top to bottom! like lifting the bezel from the ring up - normally you first pop the bezel off when dissembling the watch.
Than you find that plastic hyrtel ring.
You have to replace the Crystal Gasket. You can find some on WSO Ebay :)

Reactions: theclaw25

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Hey Mate,

ok so I think its a good time to repair your watch when it isn't water resistant anymore.

It looks like that clamping ring is still sitting in your bezel (that stainless steel ring your pointing on your pic). Under the ring on a notch on the bezel there is that hyrtel/teflon ring. So you have to pop out the clamping ring from the bezel. You have to push it through from top to bottom! like lifting the bezel from the ring up - normally you first pop the bezel off when dissembling the watch.
Than you find that plastic hyrtel ring.
You have to replace the Crystal Gasket. You can find some on WSO Ebay :)

Rod thank you for reply me my friend. So the hyrtel is inside and the Titanium clambing ring is not titanium is this stainless steal clamping. Let me start to work and try not damaged the hyrtel.

BEZEL-DOWN.jpg

BEZEL-UP.jpg

Last edited:

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Got it....!!! Rod. Some photos tomorrow. Silicon hyrtel is intact...well I think so...????
The Stainless steel part that I pointed is the clambing ring (in the diagram show a totally different one and make in titanium) I just was crazy lucking for this ring mate. The ring just was there...Lol
Now is when the situation go more complicated. Because the hyrtel can damaged very easy. Let read all this again..

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:
Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Got it....!!! Rod. Some photos tomorrow. Silicon hyrtel is intact...well I think so...????
The Stainless steel part that I pointed is the clambing ring (in the diagram show a totally different one and make in titanium) I just was crazy lucking for this ring mate. The ring just was there...Lol
Now is when the situation go more complicated. Because the hyrtel can damaged very easy. Let read all this again...????

Sent from the RWI App

Yes correct mate, you got it :) be careful with it.

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Now rob the most difficult point here, The silicon hyrtel I need doing attached to the pressure ring? How I can pressure the bezel without damaging the hyrtel? Oh main...….

20181220-225437.jpg

20181220-225416.jpg

20181220-225335.jpg

20181220-225219.jpg

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Now rob the most difficult point here, The silicon hyrtel I need doing attached to the pressure ring? How I can pressure the bezel without damaging the hyrtel? Oh main...….

20181220-225437.jpg

20181220-225416.jpg

20181220-225335.jpg

20181220-225219.jpg

You have to put the hyrtel back into the bezel gap! Than put the crystal back in place and press the clamping ring on. Than put the bezel with the hyrtel back on.

on some cases (if you can’t press the bezel back) you first have to stick the clamping ring in the bezel and press the complete unit on the crystal.

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
You have to put the hyrtel back into the bezel gap! Than put the crystal back in place and press the clamping ring on. Than put the bezel with the hyrtel back on.

on some cases (if you can’t press the bezel back) you first have to stick the clamping ring in the bezel and press the complete unit on the crystal.

Rob you are the best thank you very much.... I keep you posted until I finish this project, more photos coming soon. Now I starting to bond the case with Gorilla Weld Epoxy (bond Strength 4250 PSI) the Helium valve. Let see what happen. Rob without your direction this is really hard. Thank to you one more time.

Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Rob you are the best thank you very much.... I keep you posted until I finish this project, more photos coming soon. Now I starting to bond the case with Gorilla Weld Epoxy (bond Strength 4250 PSI) the Helium valve. Let see what happen. Rob without your direction this is really hard. Thank to you one more time.

thanks mate, glad i can help you :) you‘r doing good work! I know it‘s a pain in the ass sometimes till everything is correct placed^^

I also habe to disassemble mine because between Crystal and the OGEV writing is a little piece of dust/dirt...that drives me crazy haha :D