• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF deep sea case breakdown

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
RobSe1 i paid 175 on the description that it's not a noob, BP, or ARF and quality is supposed to be good

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
if its good quality its ok, but i‘m asking what other brands are on the market if its not BP, Noob .... ?

Gents could you sharew some straught Dial Shots of your beauty’s?
????:)

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
RobSe1 im not sure how good the quality is yet. I'm only going if the info on repgeek about this particular dial. Apparently it's different or better. As soon as it arrives I'll upload some photos of it

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
RobSe1 i bought the deep blue dial off eBay as explained in this post
https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/297563-deepsea-blue-dial-issue-solved.html

my crystal only sits about 0.5mm above the insert so not sure if it's that critical compared to gen. if I machine down the OGEV ring on the backside I'll also drill out the hole for the stem to give some extra clearance. I'll machine the titanium case back down and the caseback ring sits to high on mine slightly which gives it a sharp edge where it meets the titanium

Same problem here just waiting for some tools for start to fix it.

1mm.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
theclaw25 RobSe1 just an update. I machined the rear ring lock to get rid of the raised edge issue. Had to remove about 0.20 from the inner diameter. Then about 0.30 from the rear face and she sits flush
​​​​​​​

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
theclaw25 RobSe1 just an update. I machined the rear ring lock to get rid of the raised edge issue. Had to remove about 0.20 from the inner diameter. Then about 0.30 from the rear face and she sits flush

Wow !! great work - i think you will do a great job with that watch!

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
RobSe1 thanks mate. I just received the eBay dial and it's not as advertised lol, it's completely different and used. It's Weird the member from RG bought the same one and received a great dial. Hopefully there's been a mistake and the seller admits it and provides me with a replacement.

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Interesting Rob, what number of polishing grinder stone you used or sandpaper??

Last edited:

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
RobSe1 thanks mate. I just received the eBay dial and it's not as advertised lol, it's completely different and used. It's Weird the member from RG bought the same one and received a great dial. Hopefully there's been a mistake and the seller admits it and provides me with a replacement.

Thats sad to hear mate...send you a PM. And could you share a pic of the Dial here please?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
RobSe1 well I finally got to the stage of getting the watch back together but trying to press the bezel on it damaged the hytrel bezel gasket badly. I can't put the bezel back on. The watch is useless without this gasket lol.... I've tried intime to get a new one but ryan said he can't source it. Any ideas? Such a shame

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
mnkoshka - Shit...i know the Problem with those hytrel rings. It’s nearly impossible to get from the factory.
maybe you can Shoot a Cheap Deepsea from DH gate, but not sure if they use that ring, too.

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
What is a hytrel ring? Can I get a pic? I used to work construction and I am quiet good in improvising.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
RobSe1 I know this part with the new rollies is rubbish. They are a sacrificial part if you pop the bezel off they pretty much need to be replaced. My mates gen yachtmaster bezel literally popped off after the lightest tap against a desk lol.
Ive sorted the problem, I machined a new teflon one and it works better than the original... phew

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
RobSe1 i got the James Cameron dial, ended up with a V2 dial from ARF. The eBay seller bombed out after the thread on RG got scrutinised. I'll take some photos later once assembled the crystal on the ARF is actually slightly thinner than a gen I think so aftermarket crystal may not help the hight at all. My coronet on the oegv now lines up but the engraving at 3 o'clock is way off. I think the engraving spacing is just poor on the ARF or maybe I just got a bad one

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
RobSe1 i got the James Cameron dial, ended up with a V2 dial from ARF. The eBay seller bombed out after the thread on RG got scrutinised. I'll take some photos later once assembled the crystal on the ARF is actually slightly thinner than a gen I think so aftermarket crystal may not help the hight at all. My coronet on the oegv now lines up but the engraving at 3 o'clock is way off. I think the engraving spacing is just poor on the ARF or maybe I just got a bad one

Wow taking my hat down Bro! you do a really good job - and machining a new hyrtel Ring is freaking awesome!
Fucking Ebay Scammer! ....

Can‘t wait so see the pics.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
RobSe1 I know this part with the new rollies is rubbish. They are a sacrificial part if you pop the bezel off they pretty much need to be replaced. My mates gen yachtmaster bezel literally popped off after the lightest tap against a desk lol.
Ive sorted the problem, I machined a new teflon one and it works better than the original... phew

well i know something that could be sold around here now !

nice work !!

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
well i know something that could be sold around here now !

nice work !!

Don‘t think about it Dave hahaha :p i would sell my last pants for a piece like this :D

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Don‘t think about it Dave hahaha :p i would sell my last pants for a piece like this :D

i was taking about his custom teflon gasket ....he could make some coin here on those

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
i was taking about his custom teflon gasket ....he could make some coin here on those

Haha :D got it ;) :whistle:Yes this would be selling without promotion!
Those rings are rare like hell