• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sub at repair 2 months (TD), getting worried

mouse

Known Member
12/4/16
Hi All,

3 months ago I received a Sub TT from a TD. At arrival there was something wrong with my date. It didn't change date at 12.00. Now I've sent my watch to a watchsmith he recommended because he would cover the cost.
Now my watch have been at the repair for 2 months and every week I'm getting, "I'm going to check with watchsmith". I'm getting a bit worried now.

What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks!

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
You send it to a watchsmith in China, choice of the TD? or did you have it repaired locally? ...2 months for repair sounds rather long for a repair of an Asian mvt...a mvt swap only takes 30 minutes...but seriously, ask the watchsmith how long it is going to take or your TD, say another week...if not request a new watch.
Try to solve it with the TD

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
It is an easy repair with movement swap.

If they fix the date movement might take a while.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
It is an easy repair with movement swap.

If they fix the date movement might take a while.

fully agree...it just depends on what kind of mvt, what needs to be done and who the dealer is.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
capice01

Some TD here cannot be trusted.
So be careful of what you read here.
I was scammed USD 1.2k from a TD that is still listed here.

Rep watch does suffer from quality and cleanliness issue.
That is why I took matters to my own hands and picked up the hobby to service and fix watch.
Never regret doing that as I know exactly what goes inside my watch.

Also If you are really interested in this hobby. Get a good TD to source your watch and parts.

Reactions: magoohkg and capice

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
capice01

That is why I took matters to my own hands and picked up the hobby to service and fix watch.

Also If you are really interested in this hobby. Get a good TD to source your watch and parts.

This comment here is going to go down well!!!

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
I am sorry am i missing a point here or i am not allowed to say anything about my past experience with a TD that is listed here?

Reactions: RS6man

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
capice01

If there is a TD here that is not preforming we would like to know about it, after all this is the reason why RWI was set up in the first place, to stop people being scammed. Dealers or Supporting vendors who do not live up to RWI standards have been expelled.

mouse

Known Member
12/4/16
It was sent to a watch smith in UK. I also said perhaps it's better to get a new watch since it's taking so long. That's already been 8 days ago..
What is the best to do? yllekp Don't want to slanter a TD's name here, that's why I didnt mentioned the TD.
But it's starting to get on my nerve that it is taking this long and the responses are the same.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
yllekp interesting. I will try to keep my story as accurate as possible in an email to keep my identity. I still kept the proof of the email and even the box that was delivered empty. 3 watches was involved. Where i can state my story?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
It was sent to a watch smith in UK. I also said perhaps it's better to get a new watch since it's taking so long. That's already been 8 days ago..
What is the best to do? yllekp Don't want to slanter a TD's name here, that's why I didnt mentioned the TD.
But it's starting to get on my nerve that it is taking this long and the responses are the same.

Send a PM to the TD and include me on it please.

Meanwhile submit a ticket for my attention to www.rwihelp.com

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
yllekp interesting. I will try to keep my story as accurate as possible in an email to keep my identity. I still kept the proof of the email and even the box that was delivered empty. 3 watches was involved. Where i can state my story?

Same as above please.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
yllekp Thanks mate. I might need to take some time to gather my info about my case.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
yllekp Thanks mate. I might need to take some time to gather my info about my case.

You parcel was delivered empty? This sounds like pilferage ( by post / carrier ) and not a TD scam. Are you located in Italy?

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
johnlogan

i dont stay at italy. Also i contacted the post office and customs and they said they didnt touch the parcel. I do notice if my country logictics and customs opens a parcel, they will notify you via phone to inform your parcel is confiscated. I confirmed this with the custom officer verbally. My friend had a similiar issue as he tried to buy high lumen lasers and was contacted by the custom officer that they will remove the item at his lost with notification by the customs.

for obvious reasons, i do not want to state where i stay as the TD is still on the trusted list.
The reason why i delayed my case for almost a year is due to my safety. I dont believe the local logistics could steal my watch as we are the central hub of logistics. And they have camera footage everywhere.

what lead me to believe it was stolen is due to the arguement i had with the TD. The first thing he said was never to accept a light parcel. Most TD would guide me all the way. But this fella started in a defensive mode. I tried to handle this as a business, but things got out of hands. The TD never replied my email thereafter even with the post office telling me is likely stolen before it was send. There is no way the watch could drop as it is double sealed.

this TD is truely a dumb ass in the sense he didnt know how much more business he will get from my connections. Today another TD i had made friends with took at least 10 orders within the past 5 months.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
If you send a watch back to China for repairs expect to wait 3-5 months to get it back. They do not rush to repair them. If you receive an empty box back in the mail them most likely it was some sort of internal postal theft by a postal worker. Or they put a rock into the box so the weight matches.

Dizzy

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
If you send a watch back to China for repairs expect to wait 3-5 months to get it back. They do not rush to repair them. If you receive an empty box back in the mail them most likely it was some sort of internal postal theft by a postal worker. Or they put a rock into the box so the weight matches.

Dizzy

Unfortunately all this is too true :(

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
johnlogan

i dont stay at italy. Also i contacted the post office and customs and they said they didnt touch the parcel. I do notice if my country logictics and customs opens a parcel, they will notify you via phone to inform your parcel is confiscated. I confirmed this with the custom officer verbally. My friend had a similiar issue as he tried to buy high lumen lasers and was contacted by the custom officer that they will remove the item at his lost with notification by the customs.

for obvious reasons, i do not want to state where i stay as the TD is still on the trusted list.
The reason why i delayed my case for almost a year is due to my safety. I dont believe the local logistics could steal my watch as we are the central hub of logistics. And they have camera footage everywhere.

what lead me to believe it was stolen is due to the arguement i had with the TD. The first thing he said was never to accept a light parcel. Most TD would guide me all the way. But this fella started in a defensive mode. I tried to handle this as a business, but things got out of hands. The TD never replied my email thereafter even with the post office telling me is likely stolen before it was send. There is no way the watch could drop as it is double sealed.

this TD is truely a dumb ass in the sense he didnt know how much more business he will get from my connections. Today another TD i had made friends with took at least 10 orders within the past 5 months.

I guess I don’t understand why you didn’t contact staff. You seem to understand the concept of RWI Trusted Dealers so why didn’t you let somebody know you had a problem? That’s the biggest benefit of using a TD.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Tucker he knows where i stay and that is not something i like a TD to have the advantage when things goes south. RWI can only remove the TD, however any other harassment is not within your concern/control. I live in asian country to know better how they play dirty tricks.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Tucker he knows where i stay and that is not something i like a TD to have the advantage when things goes south. RWI can only remove the TD, however any other harassment is not within your concern/control. I live in asian country to know better how they play dirty tricks.

I’m not familiar with the area where you live, but I seriously doubt the TD would send the FWDS (Fake Watch Death Squad) to your front door because you complained about not getting your watch. I hope you get it worked out but staff can’t help you (and others) unless you let them know the problem. Good luck.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby