• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

MayerSound

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/20
what is the best replica of the pepsi gmt on the market today? Gmf or other ??

Wolex

7/2/20
I'm looking into this model. GMF CHS SA 3285 V3

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...-gold-gmf-1-1-best-edition-sa3285-chs-v3.html

Been reading a lot about the 3285 movements being based on the time bomb 3186 movement. But can't seem to find a lot about the SA 3285 and I read that VRF and ARF now makes the exact clone of the gen 3186 and 3285? So would be keen to get understanding on how reliable is the "SA 3285"?

Don't mind paying a bit more to get a nicer rep but won't want to shell out 500-600 for a time bomb movement which ends up being a paper weight instead..... any comments about the look of the watch and movement from the more enlightened and informed members for the above root-beer watch?

Wolex

7/2/20
From my understanding and reading, your listed VSF model movement is not reliable. This is the Asian 3285 which is the time bomb movement based on a 3186 modified movement. So the GMT function may fail any moment without warning when you try and adjust it.

The better and more expensive version of VRF "SA 3285" Note the "SA" meant to mean Super Asian ??? I'm not sure ... but I can't find much reliability info on this movement. This is meant to replicate the Rolex gen movement of 3285 meaning if you get into trouble, at least you can find parts and repair it.

Hope that makes sense and I am happy to to be corrected by those who are more knowledgeable and experience in reps for this model. I too am looking to buy a rootbeer but still waiting for a more relia le movement with CHS. The hand stack for the model you have quoted is perfect and looks so good! But movement is scary as they may fail and then what are you going to do with the watch if you can't repair it? Have to buy new one and it may fail again...

Reactions: mordret

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’m looking for a decent 126715, unfortunately VRF seems not to offer the CHNR with its VR clone movement.

What’s your opinion on this one from GMF:

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22058

Maybe „Mr. GMT“ KJ2020 could give a hint which is the 126715CHNR to go for? ????

This GMF V3 126715 has the only rep true clone 3285 available now. It operates exactly like the gen, in that backward crown rotation both advances hands forward and hour jumps forward. No other rep true clone GMT movement (VR/SH/SA 3185/6) matches those operations. Note that these operations would not be correct for a 11671x series, so the other movements do match those corresponding gen operations.

Unfortunately the SA3285 is still based on the worst of the 3135 movements, the SA3135. So the GMT mod can only be as good as its base movement which in this case is not great. It's not a time bomb like the 2824 CHS timebomb, but it is the bottom of the barrel among rep 3135 based movements.

GMF has had a very troubled launch with its V3. This new SA3285 is the 4th movement it has used in them. You can read a lot more about the movement in this post.

GMF released true clone 3285

I haven't had one of these movements in hand, I should probably buy one and tear it down. I've put off buying an RG GMT because of concerns about the plating quality and the color looking right. I think BP/GMF is probably the best on color match. VRF RG looks off to me and Noob RG is poor quality IMO. IDK how many Noob RG Daytonas I've seen with plating wear issues.

Any "gold" rep should get some protection on the clasp and two links either side IMO, all of mine have this and still look new. I just used leftover cell phone screens.

i9vJ3.jpg

WHPIQ.jpg

WHCZS.jpg

WHBhJ.jpg

Otherwise it can end up like this

oxwJb.jpg

Last edited:

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Thank you for your great work to summarize the situation!!
After a lot of reading and comparing pics I realized, that apparently all rootbeer-bezels have a wrong font for the “1”. This seems not to happen for all the other colors... strange!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
After a lot of reading and comparing pics I realized, that apparently all rootbeer-bezels have a wrong font for the “1”. This seems not to happen for all the other colors... strange!

All rep CHNRs do have an incorrect insert 1 font but I wouldn't let that be a dealbreaker. I see it a relatively minor flaw like square corner hour markers or rehaut alignment or SEL recess. There aren't a lot of factories making these and for the most part they should scratch the itch.

There are a lot of other inserts with bad fonts too, the GMF and V9F Batman have the same 1 serif, some are too thin or fat or wrong transitions or speed bumps. This GMF CHNR insert is very good overall.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...acturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=&x=44&y=4

Reactions: mordret

zebre

Known Member
26/12/19
Switzerland
Good Afternoon,

Any "gold" rep should get some protection on the clasp and two links either side IMO, all of mine have this and still look new. I just used leftover cell phone screens.
Is it possible to "easily" replate the rubbed clasp?

Have a nice day.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

I have a CHNR, in fact I own the watch with the worn clasp shown by kj2020. Believe me you don't notice the 1 with the wrong serif. I still wear mine even with the worn clasp as I have not been able to acquire a replacement clasp yet.
I would recommend to get the BP with ICHS. It is so much more convenient with the independent 24 hour hand and the quick date set. CHS is only beneficial if you fly a lot and change timezones all the time.

Saying that I am off to drool over the ARF BLNR with the cloned CHS movement ....

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good Afternoon,

Is it possible to "easily" replate the rubbed clasp?

Have a nice day.

I'm not knowledgeable in metal plating bro. There are members here who are, some even do their own. You'll have to do some searching and reading. I think replating only part of an object as in a TT clasp would be pretty challenging and more expensive than just buying a replacement. You can get replacement bracelets or just clasps from a TD or on Ebay or DHGATE. I don't plan on ever doing either which is why I did the plastic protection and am obsessively protective about avoiding scratches. I have a 30 year old gen SS GMT that could pass for a month old.

Wolex

7/2/20
Looks great your watch! Beautifully made and Thanks for sharing the shots!

From looking at the hand stack, would this one be an Asian2836 movement?

Reactions: Shylock Eins

Wolex

7/2/20
TDs a d forum members have stated that they are very reliable movement but do keep us posted on how you go from time to time... thanks pal!

Greko86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/20
Thanks for this great thread, i have decided to pull the trigger and soon to own the BP A2836 126711CHNR

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
Looks great your watch! Beautifully made and Thanks for sharing the shots!

From looking at the hand stack, would this one be an Asian2836 movement?

Thanks, mate.

A2836 movement.

Cheers,