• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
Just gently wiped my watch with a damp micro fiber cloth and this happened...any way to mask this? Touch up? Or is this bracelet done:(

0-EB4-E61-F-48-B3-4557-ADF0-7113-DB6-C0478.png

Last edited:

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Got the watch from BK!! Can’t complain at all, all the mods he’s done has made it sooooo stunning!!! Super gen like hahaha except the bezel and crown.... but lookwise, great watch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Naughtylus

18/4/19
So here’s the BK Rootbeer GMT.... what he modded for me was:
- Trimmed gasket to lower the crystal to the dial(he offered to switch to Clark’s, but I thought I’d get the gen when I go back to Hong Kong, so he suggested shortened the gasket)
- He realigned the rehault, insert, and date wheel for me.
- Put in some Swiss screws/holder for the stem or something (not so familiar with the little things yet haha, please bare with me). But it’s general in all his watches too....

He also confirmed that it’s SEL plated, which is a plus. I took the links off, and they seem like very lightly plated.

Great watch in general, stunning!! The only nit pick complains I’ll ever have are: RG color is not very closed to gen(I think the BP ICHS has a closer to gen color), and the crown and stem are really rusty when I dial/turn it!!! But so far, this watch is so pretty, I can’t really complain. And with BK’s mod, I definitely feel so much more secure from getting called out(although I don’t really care lol!)!!!

MrBrock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/07
So here’s the BK Rootbeer GMT.... what he modded for me was:
- Trimmed gasket to lower the crystal to the dial(he offered to switch to Clark’s, but I thought I’d get the gen when I go back to Hong Kong, so he suggested shortened the gasket)
- He realigned the rehault, insert, and date wheel for me.
- Put in some Swiss screws/holder for the stem or something (not so familiar with the little things yet haha, please bare with me). But it’s general in all his watches too....

He also confirmed that it’s SEL plated, which is a plus. I took the links off, and they seem like very lightly plated.

Great watch in general, stunning!! The only nit pick complains I’ll ever have are: RG color is not very closed to gen(I think the BP ICHS has a closer to gen color), and the crown and stem are really rusty when I dial/turn it!!! But so far, this watch is so pretty, I can’t really complain. And with BK’s mod, I definitely feel so much more secure from getting called out(although I don’t really care lol!)!!!

Thanks for clarifying the BK mods...... I've got a Blue dial 116613 Sub off him with his upgrades and the Swiss ETA movement. I am also waiting for a 126600 SD 43 which he should be sending me shortly as I paid for it 5 weeks ago (he quotes 6 weeks). I was thinking what watch to get next and this one certainly ticks the boxes.
Cheers.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Thanks for clarifying the BK mods...... I've got a Blue dial 116613 Sub off him with his upgrades and the Swiss ETA movement. I am also waiting for a 126600 SD 43 which he should be sending me shortly as I paid for it 5 weeks ago (he quotes 6 weeks). I was thinking what watch to get next and this one certainly ticks the boxes.
Cheers.

Waiting to get the funds in so I can order a 16613 or something from him! Haha he’s a bit tough but I love his work!

Sent from the RWI App

SKnight

8/7/19
Naughtylus. Cheers mate!!

I've just plee the trigger on the 116519. And I'm really itching to pull the trigger on a root beer.

But I'm in a dilemma reading all the comments. Doesn't seem to be any clear consensus..

Can someone help me out?!?!

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Naughtylus. Cheers mate!!

I've just plee the trigger on the 116519. And I'm really itching to pull the trigger on a root beer.

But I'm in a dilemma reading all the comments. Doesn't seem to be any clear consensus..

Can someone help me out?!?!

Does the 116519 have the fat sub dial?? Lol

I think there won’t be a v2 of this watch in a while unless ARF release the complete clone of the GMT calibre... then there will be new things coming next year. But besides that, yea... probably won’t have a v2 soon...

Sent from the RWI App

SKnight

8/7/19
I have yet to receive it. But from what ive read on rhis forum the 115619 is the best out of the box, it's suppose to be an almost perfect rep. Just th weight is an issue as the case is in 904 steel and not white gold.

So if I pull the trigger on the root beer. What mods do I need to make to make it more gen like.

the advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Naughtylus

18/4/19
115619?
Um, this rootbeer... if you can maybe get the BP ICHS, they have the best color close to gen. But if you insist on the CHS, you’ll either have to give up the RG close to gen color on GMF, or a problematic BP... but either of them all you’ll need to franken would be date wheel, crystal+cyclop, gen stem, bezel ring, and if you could the bracelet.

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I have yet to receive it. But from what ive read on rhis forum the 115619 is the best out of the box, it's suppose to be an almost perfect rep. Just th weight is an issue as the case is in 904 steel and not white gold.

So if I pull the trigger on the root beer. What mods do I need to make to make it more gen like.

the advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Atleast you need to change crystal to get blackhole effect.
If you dont need date, go for 116519 or 116500 noob v3 white.