• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Reactions: XLR8R

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
Looking forward! I really hope the bezel does not get downgraded.

I would take an ICHS + proper bezel transition at “18” over a CHS + incorrect bezel transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the incorect transition at 18 look like?

You mean where the line between the two colors is placed?

Do you have example pics? Have to know where to look at QCs...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
What is the incorect transition at 18 look like?

You mean where the line between the two colors is placed?

Do you have example pics? Have to know where to look at QCs...

Ok got it- brown color should touch the 8 slighty instead of ending at the 1

So update After QC received.

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Off topic but IDK how ppl can own a 36K watch and let the insert triangle get dirty, let alone post a pic of it that way. And if it doesn't come clean easily, that's even worse. I wouldn't let a rep look that way.

15610013580311.jpg

Believe me, I bought a brand new 116710 from an AD and the triangle came looking like that. It's not dirt it's a manufacturing defect. Imagine buying it brand new and sending it away for warranty works.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Believe me, I bought a brand new 116710 from an AD and the triangle came looking like that. It's not dirt it's a manufacturing defect. Imagine buying it brand new and sending it away for warranty works.

Wow, that's crazy, is the replacement insert OK?

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Wow, that's crazy, is the replacement insert OK?

They didn't replace the insert. Somehow tried to clean it, not perfect but better. I bought it at a foreign airport and brought it for warranty claim in my home country when it was 2 days old. Sounds silly but the only other option was to reject the watch. This is a gen not a rep, you don't reject a hard to get gen!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
They didn't replace the insert. Somehow tried to clean it, not perfect but better. I bought it at a foreign airport and brought it for warranty claim in my home country when it was 2 days old. Sounds silly but the only other option was to reject the watch. This is a gen not a rep, you don't reject a hard to get gen!

That is incredible, Rolex has some gall. At their prices, perfection and complete customer satisfaction should be givens.

G

Wow. I don't care how long the waiting list is that would be going straight back

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
just saw the China posting that the GMF and came out the root beer with 3186 CHS. but the bezel "18" is like no different front the BP Factory.

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
just saw the China posting that the GMF and came out the root beer with 3186 CHS. but the bezel "18" is like no different front the BP Factory.

I’m not trying to be rude. The typos here are really affecting my ability to understand this post and I’m VERY interested in what it’s supposed to say. May I ask that you clarify/correct please?

I think you may be saying that China is saying the bezel is correct in the CHS GMF. Not sure though. And where does “China” post?

Last edited:

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
I’m not trying to be rude. The typos here are really affecting my ability to understand this post and I’m VERY interested in what it’s supposed to say. May I ask that you clarify/correct please?

I think you may be saying that China is saying the bezel is correct in the CHS GMF. Not sure though. And where does “China” post?

it means the China dealer just posted some new pic of the new root beer by GMF in 3186 movement. But from the pic I saw, the bezel part the "18" still remains the same error.

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
it means the China dealer just posted some new pic of the new root beer by GMF in 3186 movement. But from the pic I saw, the bezel part the "18" still remains the same error.

Link? Which TD?

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
those dealer are the china dealer, not the dealer in our RWI. sometimes they're update are more faster. some TD here may know I guess.

G

I would actually say it's getting better. At least it touches the 6 and slightly touches the 8

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would actually say it's getting better. At least it touches the 6 and slightly touches the 8

It's dead center in the 6. Looks like they made a conscious decision to not intersect the 8, which can be a good thing - no chance of a speed bump there. And the triangle looks better than gen!

G

So are you pulling the trigger or am I? ;)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So are you pulling the trigger or am I? ;)

Haha, I've been looking at these since they came out. Still having a hard time convincing myself that RG is going to look OK a couple years down the road. Noob RG Daytonas have definite plating issues, numerous posts about that. In any event I wouldn't buy a CHS rep. The ICHS ones have frequently suffered from crooked 9 o'clock markers. I'm happy to be a sideline gawker for now.