• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Watch is on the way back from Mary watch after the so called better 'ICHS' is safer than a CHS..
along with a 16710 coke :)

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
I'm wondering if there's anything else people can say about the plating life expectancy and proper care to make sure it doesn't prematurely wear. I've read all of the cut and paste "clean it with cotton balls after you use it" posts on the web, but wondering what people do in practice to make sure these things last. Are they likely to tarnish just from watch box storage? Or are we expecting storage on the crown and wrist side of the bracelet? Or does the whole thing just gradually discolor and tarnish? Or..are we good unless we smack it on something? If storage is an issue, can anyone foresee any problems with sticking it in vacuum sealed bag after use? Wondering if removing oxygen exposure helps. I ordered a BP 2836 and am waiting for QC pics. Just having a bit of buyer's remorse as I think about the likelihood of this becoming a paperweight in a few years. Who can help me feel better about this?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm wondering if there's anything else people can say about the plating life expectancy and proper care to make sure it doesn't prematurely wear. I've read all of the cut and paste "clean it with cotton balls after you use it" posts on the web, but wondering what people do in practice to make sure these things last. Are they likely to tarnish just from watch box storage? Or are we expecting storage on the crown and wrist side of the bracelet? Or does the whole thing just gradually discolor and tarnish? Or..are we good unless we smack it on something? If storage is an issue, can anyone foresee any problems with sticking it in vacuum sealed bag after use? Wondering if removing oxygen exposure helps. I ordered a BP 2836 and am waiting for QC pics. Just having a bit of buyer's remorse as I think about the likelihood of this becoming a paperweight in a few years. Who can help me feel better about this?

Lots of info here bro

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/315608-the-wrapped-gold-sub-guide

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
Reactions: KJ2020

kobexu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/19

I ordered the BP 2836 version recently and manage to scratch the RG links on the first day trying to resize the bracelet (they are a pain in the ass...), so far they are still RG so no problem. Honestly I'd be pretty happy if this thing can last me a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I ordered the BP 2836 version recently and manage to scratch the RG links on the first day trying to resize the bracelet (they are a pain in the ass...), so far they are still RG so no problem. Honestly I'd be pretty happy if this thing can last me a few years.

So when you scratched RG link it didn’t show any silver underneath?
how deep is the scratch?

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
Honestly I'd be pretty happy if this thing can last me a few years.

I’m trying to pick up on the connotation of this line. Are you saying that it’s not likely to last or that it’s expected to last? Or that you are just hoping and have no point of reference to determine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
manage to scratch the RG links on the first day trying to resize the bracelet (they are a pain in the ass...), so far they are still RG

Can we see a pic?

kobexu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/19
I’m trying to pick up on the connotation of this line. Are you saying that it’s not likely to last or that it’s expected to last? Or that you are just hoping and have no point of reference to determine?

No it was a pretty minor scratch and no silver is exposed. Also I was piggy back on what you said about wanting to pick up a watch that won't be trashed in a few years. I'm saying that I'd be happy if it would last me a few years, i don't have high expectations on reps when it comes to longevity.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Does anyone know about the weight vs a gen?

I do not imagine it will be too far off. Two tone bracelets are not that much heavier than SS, and the case itself doesn't have much gold. Overall it should feel nice and solid, but not exactly like gen.

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
So Trusty has the BP CHS Root Beer up now.

Yes I've read the other threads about the bezel but has anyone seen equivalent to QC pics ( it's hard to judge from TD's photos)

http://www.trustytime.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20116

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That one has the CHS. Don’t think anyone referenced that one specifically yet, no? What was the issue with the bezel? I have BP 2836 QC pics, but I’m going to wait until my order comes in before I post them and some real life pics (even though my TD isn’t really one of those “don’t post these pics” or it will ruin our relationship guys).

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
Oh sorry. Read your post as saying it was a BP CHNR not CHS. You obviously knew it was a CHS already. My bad.

G

Haha that's ok bud. I've seen some fellow members say the bezel is terrible but from the video on Trusty it looks ok to me? I dunno. Maybe old age is affecting my eyes!

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
Haha that's ok bud. I've seen some fellow members say the bezel is terrible but from the video on Trusty it looks ok to me? I dunno. Maybe old age is affecting my eyes!

My take on a watch like this is you can’t have it side by side with a gen because the rose gold will never match, so something like a less than perfect bezel transition is an unnecessary point of focus. Sure looks better than the colors on the Pepsi bezel to me.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Regarding the RG CHNR, I think people were saying the bezel was bad because it is either really stiff and hard to move, or loose and sloppy but never quite right.

The insert on the other hand is without a doubt the best two color ceramic rep insert ever made. Universally regarded as great.

Last edited: