• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
Some more pictures, after a couple of months:

f1bb348508902ab5dd07838fa9f7aae9.jpg

b8fc890f8bf9c8e63d4273c694fdf4bd.jpg

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Stunner.
The only down thing I can say is probably the rep case is smaller than the gen I think(just looks smaller to my eyes), thus hard to mod. And it’s not 3186 with the right hand stacks. But other than that, it’s sooooo stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

nasar73

26/8/18
Hi Guys,

After drooling several weeks over this watch I pulled the trigger and ordered it from Intime.

​​​​​​GMT-Master II 126711CHNR Real Black/Brown Ceramic Bezel 904L/RG GMF

The watch does look stunning and it's making me feel if I should get a genuine one but I'm not prepared to pay the crazy premium for it.
Can this rep be modded? I would like to get the handstack corrected. The bezel does feel a bit gritty. To adjust the GMT function, it differs to the real one. Can this be corrected?
Are they any modders in the UK who can do this?
Some eye candy :

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Hi Guys,
After drooling several weeks over this watch I pulled the trigger and ordered it from Intime.
The watch does look stunning and it's making me feel if I should get a genuine one but I'm not prepared to pay the crazy premium for it.
Can this rep be modded? I would like to get the handstack corrected. The bezel does feel a bit gritty. To adjust the GMT function, it differs to the real one. Can this be corrected?
Some eye candy :
VPDs1Z.md.jpg
VPD2LR.md.jpg
VPDPkg.md.jpg
First off all hello and congrats on your new watch and yes there are some ways to mod this watch.
Hand stack can be corrected using a A3187,Genuine 3185 to 3187 or you can ask your modder to build a Modded 3185 movement using a Yuki 3135 or SH3135 as a base movement parts inorder to make a SH3185 is gonna cost 500-700$ if i remember it correctly and SH3135 costs 200? (I'm not sure about the price of the Sh3135 or the yuki movement i don't want to misguide you about that.)depending on the place and from the seller you buy at the same time if you want to have a CHS (Correct Hand Stack) you will need to find a genuine handset from places like chrono24 or our forums modders can get you one. Bezel can be cleaned inorder to make it much more smoother i think. If you want to go to the franken route on the movement side of things it would be the best to get your date wheel changed as well and some parts with it to make it stable whole franken movement. Check the artice here for the essential parts to upgrade 3135 https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ntial-upgrades Check here for the SH3185 Hybrid movement parts list https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-sh3185-hybrid
Check here for how to replace the datewheel https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...en-part-needed

If you dedicated enough to spend the amount of the money for the movement and for the hands congrats and it would be nice if you replace the dial because of gen rolex indices at 12,6,9 are rounded but on the replica dial it is not and i adivse you to get a Xtal crystal or buy a genuine crystal fro chrono24

As i said earlier if your are dedicated for this project in order to get a sexy watch good luck and enjoy your franken watch.

Ps: There are modders at uk but sadly can't remember their account so sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3xophen

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice info XLR8R. However, the use of a Yuki modded CHS movement in a rep GMT assumes you are starting with a base 2824 CHS rep movement.

The ICHS movement in OPs rep is a 2836, which has a greatly different stem height (.45mm off) and a Yuki mod will not fit in the case properly.

An ICHS GMT rep is limited to being modded by simple things like crystal, DW and dial if you cut the feet off.

Reactions: XLR8R

nasar73

26/8/18
First off all hello and congrats on your new watch and yes there are some ways to mod this watch.
Hand stack can be corrected using a A3187,Genuine 3185 to 3187 or you can ask your modder to build a Modded 3185 movement using a Yuki 3135 or SH3135 as a base movement parts inorder to make a SH3185 is gonna cost 500-700$ if i remember it correctly and SH3135 costs 200? (I'm not sure about the price of the Sh3135 or the yuki movement i don't want to misguide you about that.)depending on the place and from the seller you buy at the same time if you want to have a CHS (Correct Hand Stack) you will need to find a genuine handset from places like chrono24 or our forums modders can get you one. Bezel can be cleaned inorder to make it much more smoother i think. If you want to go to the franken route on the movement side of things it would be the best to get your date wheel changed as well and some parts with it to make it stable whole franken movement. Check the artice here for the essential parts to upgrade 3135 https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ntial-upgrades Check here for the SH3185 Hybrid movement parts list https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-sh3185-hybrid
Check here for how to replace the datewheel https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...en-part-needed

If you dedicated enough to spend the amount of the money for the movement and for the hands congrats and it would be nice if you replace the dial because of gen rolex indices at 12,6,9 are rounded but on the replica dial it is not and i adivse you to get a Xtal crystal or buy a genuine crystal fro chrono24

As i said earlier if your are dedicated for this project in order to get a sexy watch good luck and enjoy your franken watch.

Ps: There are modders at uk but sadly can't remember their account so sorry about that.

Thank you for the detailed post. I will look into the options you mentioned.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Nice info XLR8R. However, the use of a Yuki modded CHS movement in a rep GMT assumes you are starting with a base 2824 CHS rep movement.

The ICHS movement in OPs rep is a 2836, which has a greatly different stem height (.45mm off) and a Yuki mod will not fit in the case properly.

An ICHS GMT rep is limited to being modded by simple things like crystal, DW and dial if you cut the feet off.

Oh i didn't knew thr stem height was that off... nasar73 if you are planning to go with franken route and if you want to have a yuki 3135/sh3135 instrad of 2824 CHS i never knew they existed tbh but lets go back to our main point if you want to go to fulk franken route with a SH3185 Hybrid you need to source Noobs GMT Master case for A3187 if i remember correctly you can put a genuine movement or a Hybrid one in it and you can swap the bezel from it? Idk about that one but o think that is gonna be an expensive project.

May god have a mercy on you my friend and i hope you can start and finish your project.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nobody makes a CHS RG GMT that I know of. If someone was hell bent on doing this it would make more sense to me to buy a BP SS CHS GMT. That way there's a greater chance of better fit when you try to transfer over the GMF bracelet, the bezel, and the crown. And of course put your Yuki mod with whatever dial and hands you want. Your case would have the wrong engraving on it, but oh well.

Last edited:

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Nobody makes a CHS RG GMT that I know of. If someone was hell bent on doing this it would make more sense to me to buy a BP SS CHS GMT. That way there's a greater chance of better fit when you try to transfer over the GMF bracelet, the bezel, and the crown. And of course put your Yuki mod with whatever dial and hands you want. Your case would have the wrong engraving on it, but oh well.
nasar73
Sadly that's true about engravings but i think one of the skilled modders on our forum can reengrave the case? Idk i'm just making assumptions but i think that's possible. By the way chech this out https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7245123-126711-chnr-build i was thinking to build a similar one like this but it with a leather strap from Everest Bands like this one https://www.everestbands.com/collec...r-i-ii-deployment-buckle-1?variant=3460406148
Brown on deployant one look cool i think or black one

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
nasar73
Sadly that's true about engravings but i think one of the skilled modders on our forum can reengrave the case? Idk i'm just making assumptions but i think that's possible. By the way chech this out https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7245123-126711-chnr-build i was thinking to build a similar one like this but it with a leather strap from Everest Bands like this one https://www.everestbands.com/collec...r-i-ii-deployment-buckle-1?variant=3460406148
Brown on deployant one look cool i think or black one

Right I remember that thread, even posted in it a few times. He had to source a different case (Noob) for the stem height issue I'm sure. No updates with finished product, I wonder why. This can certainly be done, probably under $2K or so. And yes, the engravings can even be made right for a small price. It does look goid on leather too!

nasar73

26/8/18
Still digging this rep but I hardly wear it, thinking I might sell it to move on to other projects. The curse man....

VP1OMU.jpg

Which version is your watch? Mine takes 4-5 hours for the date to change, is this normal on these reps? Not sure if mine is faulty one!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Which version is your watch? Mine takes 4-5 hours for the date to change, is this normal on these reps? Not sure if mine is faulty one!

Hey buddy it’s the GMF version, and it flips at midnight! This has a gen date disc and prof 2xAR

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hi Guys,

Some eye candy :

Congrats on the watch! I recently just bought a Noob GMT V8 to mod with, so I can get the correct hand stacks at my RG GMT, looking for a gen/prof crystal as well... then will send it to the modder to mod it.... honestly can’t wait to have an A Grade watch to go out with!!! Love this watch a lot!

Sent from the RWI App

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Would anyone know of any aftermarket datewheel options for the BP/GMF? Planning to get a root beer but not without a better datewheel and a prof crystal.

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
Has anyone pointed out any problems with rose gold plating on GMF model?

I'm asking this thing 'cose there are a lot of 116655 and Daytona RG with flaws on RoseGold plating.

Thank you

Last edited:

Rolly123

17/11/18
ec15bff1234074d55bb0a386a18b2288.jpg

Here is a side by side - gen on left GMF on right.. the lighting is different yes, but you can see the GMF is very accurate. If it were feasible, a gen bezel assembly would be a good improvement. As you can see the teeth on gen are a little bigger, no big deal tho.

As far as action, the gen bezels are easier to move than my GMF. They turn decisively and smoothly. The GMF I really have to have a handle on it to get it to turn, and it’s ever so slightly gritty. Again, one of those things that if you didn’t handle gen regularly, you’d never miss it. Not sure if a modder can rebuild the bezel assembly to make it smoother and lighter.

Insert font looks the same to me, here it is next to gen BLNR
04dd8b0ba7af1111873554de4eb08b73.jpg
73fc942c21d426b3fcaa167107d30e0e.jpg

Is there much weight difference between the gen batman and the rep two tone? Held both gens in my hand in a store and the two tone felt a bit heavier so was just wondering.

Thanks