• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

grandphuba

8/4/18
Got my GMF today, better pics when I get home. Initial impressions - very very close but crystal is a definite no-go, mine will be getting prof black hole. The bezel teeth are slightly deeper/longer on gen. I got the plated non-wrapped versión and can not even tell it has bare SELs. The feel of the bracelet is “ok”, gen feels buttery smooth and perfect, this ones a little sharp and not as refined. This ones a keeper.
GMF
d5be03a29f465c829e9c2608314e18b1.jpg

GEN
6f758caa4bbb7cd711fdeccb0c836cae.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but aren't modern Rolexes supposed to lack AR coating on the top side? I believe they do this to be really shiny. I ask because personally I'd like to have my Noob Daytona not reflect so much light, but I fear having a prof crystal will make look less of a gen.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Excuse my ignorance but aren't modern Rolexes supposed to lack AR coating on the top side? I believe they do this to be really shiny. I ask because personally I'd like to have my Noob Daytona not reflect so much light, but I fear having a prof crystal will make look less of a gen.

Prof “black hole”. Meaning AR only on cyclops as per gen.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The AR on gen is under the crystal, in the space immediately below the cyclops.

Reactions: dc2_bb6_cu2

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Got my GMF today, better pics when I get home. Initial impressions - very very close but crystal is a definite no-go, mine will be getting prof black hole. The bezel teeth are slightly deeper/longer on gen. I got the plated non-wrapped versión and can not even tell it has bare SELs. The feel of the bracelet is “ok”, gen feels buttery smooth and perfect, this ones a little sharp and not as refined. This ones a keeper.
GMF
d5be03a29f465c829e9c2608314e18b1.jpg

GEN
6f758caa4bbb7cd711fdeccb0c836cae.jpg

Looks stunning.

Where did you buy it?

grandphuba

8/4/18
The AR on gen is under the crystal, in the space immediately below the cyclops.

Yes exactly my point. While I would prefer to have AR on the whole crystal, I just can't get myself to doing so because it won't be gen like

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes exactly my point. While I would prefer to have AR on the whole crystal, I just can't get myself to doing so because it won't be gen like

Prof does black hole crystals just like gen if you want them that way.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Both of these models are plated, meaning less thickness of "gold" than wrapped. The BP model is available as low as $298 from Trustytime so that should tell you something about quality. If you look at more pics from different TD's you can see just how poorly the plating on the sides of the mid links looks on a sample at this price point. If you are not willing to spend the money on a WRAPPED version with thicker and better quality "gold", IMO you are better off buying the GMF which makes no attempt at poor mid link side coverage and is better quality overall.

Some pics of BP plated

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25274

tSBX8.jpg

https://www.pf-838.com/watches/rolex...ck-a-2836.html
​​​​​​
tS5JU.jpg

GMF and BP are pretty much the same watch
except for 904 steel and side palling on the sel..BP is GMF.
GMF version was released first then they released BP with refinement which is playing on the sel sides.
BP version is better.
Do not think more money = better quality especially when it comes to reps.

Reactions: roadtofreedom

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
GMF and BP are pretty much the same watch
except for 904 steel and side palling on the sel..BP is GMF.
GMF version was released first then they released BP with refinement which is playing on the sel sides.
BP version is better.
Do not think more money = better quality especially when it comes to reps.

Looks like any plating on SEL sides of the BP plated models is just what drooled over when the top of the link was coated. Not seen this on any of the GMF plated models. I think no plating on the SEL sides looks far better than sloppy drool if we aren't willing to pay for wrapped.

Genera74

29/12/14
This is really a stunner. Though not a big fan of the two tones bracelet, does anyone know if this is interchangeable with another 1-tone SS oyster bracelet (of other GMTs)?

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
I just asked to Puretime if the have stock of Rolesor GMT factory GM.
The answer is: "Hi, sir, it is in stocks but usually GM will deliver it in 10 days around ".

What do you think based on your previous experience.

And I understand that GM = GMF, right?

Thanks

Uhrsammler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/12
Yes, that's right! Your are in good hands with puretime. In the last 3 month i ordered six wachtes and every deal was perfect!

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Hi guys, I've been trying to do a comparation between BP - GMF model.

VEppLy.png

VEpKya.png

VEpvkG.png

As you can notice, it seems pretty much same watch (numeral bezel thickness, brown color, transition brown-black, ....). Cyclops seems better in GMF version

Main difference is 904L (GMF version) vs SS 316L (BP version), but I read a lot about 904L and the difference is about corrosion and nothing more.

Gold platting likely to be the same.

And 140$ difference !!!!!

Does someone have the BP version?, How good is?

I'll pull the trigger with one of them

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi guys, I've been trying to do a comparation between BP - GMF model.

VEppLy.png

VEpKya.png

VEpvkG.png

As you can notice, it seems pretty much same watch (numeral bezel thickness, brown color, transition brown-black, ....). Cyclops seems better in GMF version

Main difference is 904L (GMF version) vs SS 316L (BP version), but I read a lot about 904L and the difference is about corrosion and nothing more.

Gold platting likely to be the same.

And 140$ difference !!!!!

Does someone have the BP version?, How good is?

I'll pull the trigger with one of them

Every pic of the BP I've seen on TD sites has "plating drool" on the SEL sides as I noted a few posts above. I would like to see pics of a real one also. If it's only the 904L difference the BP would be a better choice but I stand by my earlier statement that bare SEL sides is better than drool.

Post I'm referring to:

Both of these models are plated, meaning less thickness of "gold" than wrapped. The BP model is available as low as $298 from Trustytime so that should tell you something about quality. If you look at more pics from different TD's you can see just how poorly the plating on the sides of the mid links looks on a sample at this price point. If you are not willing to spend the money on a WRAPPED version with thicker and better quality "gold", IMO you are better off buying the GMF which makes no attempt at poor mid link side coverage and is better quality overall.

Some pics of BP plated

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25274

tSBX8.jpg

https://www.pf-838.com/watches/role...8-gmt-126711chnr-coke-ss-rg-black-a-2836.html
​​​​​​
tS5JU.jpg

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
BP is better. I already saw BP version and it had fully platted sel sides.
Midlinks on the sides are not plated same as GMF.

Reactions: roadtofreedom

nero389

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
I was looking at Pepsi but Root Beer sounds good too. :9