• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep vs Gen Rolex SD43 ARF 126600 v2

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
Rep dial is definitely matte .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well, then it is seriously almost impossible for me to spot a difference between rep and gen. Guess you can feel the difference with the movement when you wind and set it, but it is really nuts. Maybe I'll even get the rep and put my gen away in the box to keep it unscratched... :D

Reactions: indywatchguy

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Well, then it is seriously almost impossible for me to spot a difference between rep and gen. Guess you can feel the difference with the movement when you wind and set it, but it is really nuts. Maybe I'll even get the rep and put my gen away in the box to keep it unscratched... :D

You should exactly do this. You won‘t feel any difference when winding it...this is the rep that really frightens me...there is absolutely no reason to buy the gen... :)

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
You should exactly do this. You won‘t feel any difference when winding it...this is the rep that really frightens me...there is absolutely no reason to buy the gen... :)
Gen is always be superior, the rep is definitely a good one out of the box. Lately I have seen so many screwed up date wheels it's spoils the overall look.

The only mod I would recommend is either gen crystal or Mr professor black home for the perfect finish.

Lucky my DW is just spot on .

ubzer

Known Member
26/6/18
The only mod I would recommend is polishing the bezel teeth.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
The only mod I would recommend is polishing the bezel teeth.
Couldn't care less about the teeth. You got to be a super hero to spot the difference.

Kinda sick of hearing about the teeth issue. There are more recent flaws with DW ...

indywatchguy

Renowned Member
26/1/13

How’s the bezel tightness and clicks? I hear they’re loose and not like gen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
The thing that jumped out at me (since this thread has been revived) were the hands. The gen hands have a "fuller" look and seemed less "flat" than the rep hands. I am continually surprised, though, by what micro shots with a good camera emphasize -- things that you often don't notice with the naked eye. Not sure if the hands are one of those things.

In some photos the face on the rep looks slightly satin, in others more gloss. This might just me lighting.

I think if you add a Prof black hole crystal you've scored. I am ordering one.

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14

The bezel is the biggest tells. No matter what angle u take a pictures. Just can tell from the bezel! =]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
The bezel is the biggest tells. No matter what angle u take a pictures. Just can tell from the bezel! =]

What do you mean? Shine? Color of ceramic? Color of numbers on the bezel?
I compared it side by side to a deep sea and could not spot any difference....

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08

Where do you have to look, I can't see much of a difference? Here is mine again with side angle to the bezel:

7f4dbf943d7ad396447a858b67b39e51.jpg

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
Yeah, stock gen. ;)

correct.

However I am still wondering how to see the difference in the bezel teeth. Can anyone specify?

It’s very hard to see... it’s all about the feel. The bezel is sharp to touch (ar least mine is). Instead of a soft grip feeling, you get a jagged feel. The metal in between the scallops were not rounded enough, or not sanded or polished properly, giving the bezel a rough feel.

Tankcom78

Horology Curious
6/10/18
Here’s my dynamic duo, one of them being gen and the other is a BK ARF SD43, the sick part is I will likely wear the rep more often!
Bezel teeth are sharp, I will eventually mod that but I don’t see a need to do anything else with it. Straight up stunning piece with longevity to boot.

0592c42b3e5d9282bff3ebe28a192b63.jpg

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
That cannot be stock is that gen crystal?

Good eye... you’re right, because it’s a gen watch... ;)

Yeah obviously is Gen. trying to act cool? Haha arf bezel is a big tell no matter what. Because of the damn bezel. Look like pointed nipples! =D

Reactions: M_Ree