• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My fully modded Hulk with the ALL NEW Cerameister insert is here! (super pic heavy!)

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Good afternoon to you all around the globe!

I am delighted to present my Hulk with the new Cerameister insert installed! A special thanks to Spirit and ado213 for making it happen.

Some specs: This watch is fully waterproofed with a Swiss ETA for its beating heart. It also has the full list of BK Mods, Genuine Rolex Crystal, gaskets, the andrei01 clasp mod and of course the new Cerameister insert from Spirit ;)

I won’t go on too much, you guys are the experts, but I will say that I love the insert and I think it’s the way to go if you are stuck with one of the incorrect dark green inserts or the ones with the miserable dim insert numbers etc. The green is absolutely beautiful to look at in all conditions! It’s a massive step for Hulk lovers and I’m really, really happy with my ultimate holiday watch :)

I hope you do enjoy the pictures my friends!

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Nice. But your insert mod is still way too dark! But still a lovely watch.
cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice. But your insert mod is still way too dark! But still a lovely watch.
cheers

The mod is perfect. I think you must have been commenting on the insert color not the mod. No modder can change that.

Reactions: retiredwatchguy68

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I say it with McDonald's: i'm lovin' it.
you know what - some say too dark, some say too green, some say bad insert colors.. here is what i found, no matter what bloody factory or what insert, in some lighting conditions almost all will look like gen.

I compared my noob v7 hulk a gen last week and it is SPOT ON IN AD LIGHTING CONDITION. Not one issue. No bad insert colors, no different hue of green. So much for that.

I also compared my v7/8 noob 114060. It is so much spot on in every regard its amazing. From the supposedly dull numerals to the shade of black. No issues. No differencies.

Reactions: retiredwatchguy68

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
The mod is perfect. I think you must have been commenting on the insert color not the mod. No modder can change that.

All the mod is fine. I’m not saying the insert green is dark. I’m trying to say to mod done on the numbers =]

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Beautiful watch mate. Wear it with pride

I'm not sold on the insert. It suffers from the same under-saturation issues that the other rep inserts do. To me it doesn't look like much of an upgrade from the early bright V7 inserts, with them edging out this insert in terms of the green, whilst this one is better in terms of the indices and the colour of them

Gen for reference, under sunshine

lxu7ZpaI.jpg

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
nikoel in some respects bro I do agree. It was actually replaced with one of the early bright V7 inserts therefore a good comparison wasn’t needed in terms of colour however I will say, there is something that feels lighter/clearer on the wrist. I’m very very happy with it!! Thanks mate

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
You all have stunning HULKs, wear them in good health!

The Hulk is on my list when the (expected to be improved) SH31xx ARF Hulk becomes available eventually (and we have reason to believe that the movement is really better) OR when I see a M2M EU sale and don't queue as #27 on the list .. :)

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
My v7 hulk suffers the same thing. It lacks the apple green shade when compared to my friend’s gen. It was obvious and a gen owner would definitely call it out. I was hoping this insert could get the apple green correct but alas.. nothing beats gen atm.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Nice work.

It’s hard to compare the colour with gen unless you have them side by side.

But looking at pics the bezel colour is a bit darker than my old 2016 gen.

Gen is a flat Apple green. It’s actually an ugly colour. IMO OPs insert is a darker more Forrest green colour.

OPs insert (left), gen (right)
95ac7e8728bb18d0ba626882cbd6cab8.jpg

OP’s insert is similar to an old noob insert that I checked against my gen last year.
Gen(left), Forrest green noob insert (right):
2dd6fb4e7368d85feefefdd23f0d1a37.jpg

Op you should also get a tall hand stack movement.

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
mech500 thanks for this I do agree and I also think the light on my pics wasn’t great and didn’t capture it as well as it could have. zodl has a really great set of pics of his hopefully he can post them here! ;)

Reactions: mech500