• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New improved SA3135 copy coming to the market?

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
I'll try to translate it for you guys,

The problem with the current movement is the winding wheel parts are using metal alloy + plated colouring, therefore it is not as good as gen's pure copper + "teflon" painting material which eliminates the fictions between the winding wheel and corrosion. As you can see in the photos, some parts are heavily damaged after using a period of time by an owner, to the point where you can't wind it anymore (winding system is damaged). If the sealing is not done properly by the factory, it corrodes and sometimes it is better to replace a new movement rather than clearing it.

Therefore, in the new movement, the winding wheel plating colour has changed and is using pure copper, hence the overall mechanism of the winding system are changed for the better. The winding gear material is now changed to a harder material called Tungsten alloy, and the hairspring is painted blue similar to the gen Parachrom Blu hairspring.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

The problem with the current movement is the winding wheel parts are using metal alloy + plated colouring, therefore it is not as good as gen's pure copper + "teflon" painting material which eliminates the fictions between the winding wheel and corrosion. As you can see in the photos, some parts are heavily damaged after using a period of time by an owner, to the point where you can't wind it anymore (winding system is damaged). If the sealing is not done properly by the factory, it corrodes and sometimes it is better to replace a new movement rather than clearing it.

Therefore, in the new movement, the winding wheel plating colour has changed and is using pure copper, hence the overall mechanism of the winding system are changed for the better. The winding gear material is now changed to a harder material called Tungsten alloy, and the hairspring is painted blue similar to the gen Parachrom Blu hairspring.

Which means finally a stable SA3135 which won't need pre-emptive service, sounds great!

Reactions: vcappp

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14

The author also went on to say that the shavings from the ground up gears end up in the movement and starts to rust, which is the main cause of the movements failing.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
Problem still remains though...as the author pointed out the previous problems with the 3135 clones started with cost cutting in order to maintain a reasonable selling price. Replicas are considered "stop gaps" to scratch the itch and until that opinion of the market change, there's always the pressure of the selling price.

What's changed?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Sounds and looks good, also thought about the lever.....our chinese friends can copy almost everything in perfection...so it should be possible but then we would have a perfect mvt and they can't sell a newer mvt with improvements anymore

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Instagram seller posted this, the new 3135?

bff41b60ccb3307e4f78a29ad0d0eb09.png

a7deddd8614014ec69ab7574c1ce79fe.png
d50aa6b6dbb88c0d7e7f65f3b428d92e.png
02d85344c6a728688ddc771fddf5226e.png
8d4ae8e7ef1437d2295d98c48ba21f76.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
Look at the lever on the balance, I would say these pics are from a gen movement not a rep.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I did just comment to a friend that it could be genuine, but the Instagram guy normally doesn’t post anything gen and quite often he has things before our TD’s do. One picture also has the rep style wrapping on the bracelet

I’m hesitant to post the IG, he’s not a TD so I wouldn’t buy from him, just like looking at his pics

Looking more closely I think it’s not the new clone, it got me excited

44fbc3392125c7432fe69754f27039ec.png
111e56aa963344e85fccbeafcf7b6994.jpg

They look different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Advice PI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/15
It's a genuine movement. Free-sprung Breguet overcoil and Microstella nuts, two long and two short, inside the balance to adjust the timing.

nvrp813

Known Member
3/9/18
USA
Anyone have any intel on when this upgraded SA3135 will find it's way into some reps?

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
These pics illustrate very well why the SA3135 has such a bad reputation. They fixed the stem issue, but still, the driving wheel ist a flimsy piece of crap that tends to grind itself to death. On top of that the reversing wheels are crap as well. The rest of the movement is quite solid in my experience, even though not swappable with gen parts.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Interesting and honest article. This Chinese speaks of the fact that watches with SA3135 come when they are designed and designed for sale have huge costs and a point on which you can lower costs is the SA3135 which is not designed as a movement intended to last (and therefore not reliable). He says that this movement has never been revisited in the last 3-4 years (SA, not SH) and that a lot of watches have been sold with this very cheap movement inside. He goes on to say that the cost of this movement is very low, and that for orders the factory that produces them requires only 2000 units (very few considering that the Noob SA4130 factory required 10,000 per month)

This movement has very cheap materials destined to deteriorate and can not be found or repaired. Replacing the whole movement is the most economical solution, or one can clean and lubricate and lengthen the life of another two months.

In some cases using it with manual winding the manual winding wheel deteriorates totally, and the same happens to the automatic winding.

This new "restyling" of the movement (even though I personally believe that this is something more than a restyling) has reverse wheels covered like the genuine ones and the golden wheels of the pure copper bridge, tungsten winder, spring colored balance like gen.

This is what I brought to understand, but a person who speaks Chinese will certainly provide more details :)

Seeing the reverse wheel, the rocker, and many other details of this 3135 the factory that produces this could be the same as SA4130

AriChoresh

30/8/17
Would have to test it for the long run, but looks good

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Interesting and honest article. This Chinese speaks of the fact that watches with SA3135 come when they are designed and designed for sale have huge costs and a point on which you can lower costs is the SA3135 which is not designed as a movement intended to last (and therefore not reliable). He says that this movement has never been revisited in the last 3-4 years (SA, not SH) and that a lot of watches have been sold with this very cheap movement inside. He goes on to say that the cost of this movement is very low, and that for orders the factory that produces them requires only 2000 units (very few considering that the Noob SA4130 factory required 10,000 per month)

This movement has very cheap materials destined to deteriorate and can not be found or repaired. Replacing the whole movement is the most economical solution, or one can clean and lubricate and lengthen the life of another two months.

In some cases using it with manual winding the manual winding wheel deteriorates totally, and the same happens to the automatic winding.

This new "restyling" of the movement (even though I personally believe that this is something more than a restyling) has reverse wheels covered like the genuine ones and the golden wheels of the pure copper bridge, tungsten winder, spring colored balance like gen.

This is what I brought to understand, but a person who speaks Chinese will certainly provide more details :)

Seeing the reverse wheel, the rocker, and many other details of this 3135 the factory that produces this could be the same as SA4130

10k SA4130 movements per MONTH! Jesus, makes you wonder where the fuck they're all going!

Reactions: Deathminder

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I can read mandarin and the article just says the gears wear off and rust over time on the old SA3135, now the gears (i really dont know what they are talking about, my mandarin isnt exactly the best) have been upgraded to have longer lifespan like a gen would. I do not have much knowledge on movements but it does looks promising.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk