• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116506 Ice Blue

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06
2LRZe.jpg

Reactions: Rep_Fan

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06
this is a $30 cheapie i bought, im quite a fan so will get a better quality one.
would love to compare the $400 to this one to see how many differences there are

2LRZq.jpg

Reactions: Rep_Fan

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Honestly I am also confused now so I agree with @Quetip...

Looking at my ARF ice blue case, it is different than the original daytonas I have on metal bracelet, the white dial and black dial stainless steel ones, but they are all ARF that I have and I was told Noob's case is more correct to gen than ARF. The ice blue ARF however is the identical case to my ARF daytonas on rubber strap or leather strap that have a ceramic bezel. I'm not sure which is correct though and this thread got me all confused now lol

The new Noob movements I was told have some problems or is not stable. We shall see what happens in time, but for now, I'm staying with ARF, still far from gen, but I like it. And yes, this thread def confused me, I am not a rolex expert, so now much more confused... Wish someone would make a post with a bullet list by Noob and ARF with all correct observations.

I will probably make a thread soon. From what I have experienced with noobs movement, I can only drool. My movements have been running very fine without any issues at all. My Franken Platinum I‘m wearing right now is going +2 sec a day, unserviced only been on the timegrapher a few days ago.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I also am a big fan of ARF and what they have come out with. Except for the Platona. In my opinion they have fucked up with it. All of their other watches are great pieces and excellent releases but this is just meh. Noob nailed it much closer despite the missing subdial sunbursts.

Reactions: shaKi47

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Now this is definitely confusing!!!!! What is that? The subdial at 9 o'clock looks like nothing I've seen anywhere, whether that be Chrono 24, Rolex.com etc.

It’s a cheapie, yikes.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Same rules apply for stating that the colour of the subdials is black which it also isn’t although it was stated multiple times in this thread. This brings nothing but confusion if you ask me.

I agree that there's confusion abound, but I think we're working through it and getting towards a consensus. Hopefully it will all become clear soon! I must admit in confused by the colour of the ARF subdials. Do you/anyone know conclusively that all iterations of the Gen dial have brown subdials? It's just that looking on Chrono24, some subdials seem to be fat and brown, others look to be thinner and darker like ARF. It's probably just the light, but it would be nice to know conclusively for sure. For example:

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I agree that there's confusion abound, but I think we're working through it and getting towards a consensus. Hopefully it will all become clear soon! I must admit in confused by the colour of the ARF subdials. Do you/anyone know conclusively that all iterations of the Gen dial have brown subdials? It's just that looking on Chrono24, some subdials seem to be fat and brown, others look to be thinner and darker like ARF. It's probably just the light, but it would be nice to know conclusively for sure. For example:

No gen dial has as thin subs as the ARF. There are versions that have similar thin subs as the noob however.

All of them are brown though, however also varying in depth and shade slightly.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Thanks! That’s what I thought. I was looking at a gen on eBay and the subdials looked larger to me.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Honestly I am also confused now so I agree with @Quetip...

Looking at my ARF ice blue case, it is different than the original daytonas I have on metal bracelet, the white dial and black dial stainless steel ones, but they are all ARF that I have and I was told Noob's case is more correct to gen than ARF. The ice blue ARF however is the identical case to my ARF daytonas on rubber strap or leather strap that have a ceramic bezel. I'm not sure which is correct though and this thread got me all confused now lol

The new Noob movements I was told have some problems or is not stable. We shall see what happens in time, but for now, I'm staying with ARF, still far from gen, but I like it. And yes, this thread def confused me, I am not a rolex expert, so now much more confused... Wish someone would make a post with a bullet list by Noob and ARF with all correct observations.

This pic shows a gen SS case on top, gen WG case on the bottom. The thing that determines the case shape is whether it is SS or (any of the 3) precious metals WG, YG, RG. Case shape is not related to the type of bezel, dial, or the type of strap. Although some dials are only available in some case materials, the case material determines the case shape. Keep in mind that rep cases are ultimately all SS, but what we have seen here through this discussion is that both ARF and Noob are making cases in the proper shape for the case material being repped.

Case_shape2.jpg

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
ARF. You can see due to the thin subs

Ahhhh, I thought so, but the photo in direct sunlight makes the subdial look slightly brown which confused me. I actually thought it looked amazing and I wanted one - then realised I already have one lol.