• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116506 Ice Blue

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Noob has the correctish subdial colour but is missing the subdial sunburst whereas ARF has the correct subdial sunburst but too thin (even thinner than the slightly too thin noobs) subdial rings and off colour..

Maybe they have updated it, but I had a noob 4130 in my hands, and the subdial color (the brown part) was completely off on the watch I saw.... if it had any hint of brown, it´s so dark that I couldn´t even consider, mate :)
For me, both are plain wrong in subdial color (rings) aspect, although I do see the "mini-sunburst" on the ARF.

Also, lugs should be more "squared".(the Daytona precious metal maxi-case is fatter than on these reps)... both these watches use the Daytona SS as a base, that´s why these details won´t come out right in the first tries...

Cheers,
S.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
QueTip Talking about lugs, you know what factory got them really SPOT ON? ...That "JH" factory.

...I know it´s a 7750 watch - which by itself, makes it too fat / tall and inaccurate - but the lugs shape is absolutely spot on there.. wide and squared as it should be on the 116505....
CPAap.md.jpg

^ See the shape of the lugs? ... fatter, crisper angles at the edges, just as it should be...if the case wasn´t so tall (it´s 14,5mm) it would be a damn good Daytona IMHO... not that I don´t think it´s good, 'cause it´s really gorgeous! But it would be a serious contender on this ARF vs. Noob fight... lol

All I know is that apart from everything, I do enjoy my watches anyway :)

Cheers,
​​​​​​​S.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Both of those images look like they have black sub dial rings but it's really hard to tell with low-resolution pics

There are millions on Chrono24 that look like that, ie with black subdials. I think ARF have smashed it, is a beautiful watch. I just sit there staring at the shiny dial. And stroking myself.

Of course there are improvements needed, but for me, the SEL is the only major difference to Gen.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There are millions on Chrono24 that look like that, ie with black subdials. I think ARF have smashed it, is a beautiful watch. I just sit there staring at the shiny dial. And stroking myself.

Of course there are improvements needed, but for me, the SEL is the only major difference to Gen.

There were a whole lot of high quality aftermarket dials that were ice blue with black subdial rings. A lot of them were put in SS cases along with a brown bezel. I'm not aware of any ice blue dials made by Rolex that have black subdial rings. Personally I'd rather have the subdial rings be ice blue too. I posted this before, but here's my idea of awesome.

Silver_blue_2.jpg

Reactions: leo6929 and QueTip

GingerBubba

24/10/17
SS Case on top. Precious metal case on bottom, they are vastly different.
Case_shape2.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
I've just realised that ARF has got it correct then. In my picture below you can see my 'platinum' ARF ice blue on top and underneath it, my black ceramic SS ARF. The platinum has the correct shape!

CrjrD.jpg

​​​​​​​

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've just realised that ARF has got it correct then. In my picture below you can see my 'platinum' ARF ice blue on top and underneath it, my black ceramic SS ARF. The platinum has the correct shape!

CrjrD.jpg

Well done ARF. I don't know if Noob uses a different case for their precious metal models.

​​​​​​​Thanks for posting your discovery.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like Noob uses the correct prscious metal case for their 'platinum' ice blue model as well as their new releases in RG.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
If you guys don’t stop spreading misinformation and bullshit, I will nuke this thread.

Get your facts right if you want to discuss about anything or stfu, Roger?

GingerBubba

24/10/17
If you guys don’t stop spreading misinformation and bullshit, I will nuke this thread.

Get your facts right if you want to discuss about anything or stfu, Roger?

Eh? I'm puzzled?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Eh? I'm puzzled?

About what? Read the last post on the previous page again and a lot of posts before that. There is barely any decent information in this thread. Especially when noob and ARF were compared.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
About what? Read the last post on the previous page again and a lot of posts before that. There is barely any decent information in this thread. Especially when noob and ARF were compared.

#165 is the last post on the previous page for me, but I can't imagine you're taking issue with that one. In fact I've just read the last few pages again and I'm unsure what's concerning you, it seems like a helpful thread to me. No need to explain though, I must be missing the point somewhere along the line.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
#165 is the last post on the previous page for me, but I can't imagine you're taking issue with that one. In fact I've just read the last few pages again and I'm unsure what's concerning you, it seems like a helpful thread to me. No need to explain though, I must be missing the point somewhere along the line.

#170.

GingerBubba

24/10/17

The post with the screenshot someone posted from Trusty showing the Noob Ice blue with the wrong case shape? Perhaps that was a prototype if Noob has changed it since then? But I don't see how that's spreading false information by the poster of #170. If anything, Trusty appears to be the website that's confusing us, but thanks to this thread we in fact know that both ARF and Noob actually have the correct (ish) squared off lugs. I think nuking this thread would somewhat unnecessary imo. If I'm allowed to disagree with a mod in public....:woo:

Reactions: KJ2020

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The post with the screenshot someone posted from Trusty showing the Noob Ice blue with the wrong case shape? Perhaps that was a prototype if Noob has changed it since then? But I don't see how that's spreading false information by the poster of #170. If anything, Trusty appears to be the website that's confusing us, but thanks to this thread we in fact know that both ARF and Noob actually have the correct (ish) squared off lugs. I think nuking this thread would somewhat unnecessary imo. If I'm allowed to disagree with a mod in public....:woo:

Of course, you’re allowed to disagree with me. Although before posting something like this, it would probably be a good idea to first check with actual trusted dealers of the forum and see other pictures for example from PureTime where it would be possible to see that it has the correct shape.

Same rules apply for stating that the colour of the subdials is black which it also isn’t although it was stated multiple times in this thread. This brings nothing but confusion if you ask me.

Reactions: stolt

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Honestly I am also confused now so I agree with @Quetip...

Looking at my ARF ice blue case, it is different than the original daytonas I have on metal bracelet, the white dial and black dial stainless steel ones, but they are all ARF that I have and I was told Noob's case is more correct to gen than ARF. The ice blue ARF however is the identical case to my ARF daytonas on rubber strap or leather strap that have a ceramic bezel. I'm not sure which is correct though and this thread got me all confused now lol

The new Noob movements I was told have some problems or is not stable. We shall see what happens in time, but for now, I'm staying with ARF, still far from gen, but I like it. And yes, this thread def confused me, I am not a rolex expert, so now much more confused... Wish someone would make a post with a bullet list by Noob and ARF with all correct observations.