• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116506 Ice Blue

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I don't know why everyone is only talking about the Aesthetics.
Anyone who notices your watch, especially it being a beautiful Daytona, will definitely want to check it out. The Faux movement would be a more instant tell than anything.
​​​​​
I love the 116506, but until NOOB comes up with a better looking one or ARF clones the movement, it 's a no go for me.

I don't pretend it's real if people ask me. Not that they ever do,

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I saw in another thread that the ARF Daytona is loud as hell. Anyone knows about this?

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
I don't pretend it's real if people ask me. Not that they ever do,

Well if you aren't pretending it's real, why even pay so much for a near "non calloutable" rep.
Besides, it's just waste of money paying for something that doesn't even do what it's supposed to.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
This is an ever going discussion and i don't own a chronometer , but let's be realistic, how many times would you use it ?

Reactions: Rep_Fan

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Well if you aren't pretending it's real, why even pay so much for a near "non calloutable" rep.
Besides, it's just waste of money paying for something that doesn't even do what it's supposed to.

I buy the Reps I buy because I love the Gen; they're gorgeous watches, amazing design - gorgeous things! But there's no fecking way I'm paying say £20k for a watch (especially non precious metal watches) when I can get 90-99% of the watch for a tiny fraction of that price. And most people either don't know what the hell my watch is because they don't give a shit, or they assume my watches are real because they think I can afford the Gen. In fact, I've only ever been asked flat out if my watch was real once (ARF SD43). I told the guy with a very straight faced "No", but he didn't believe me! He told me in fact to fuck off and went on asking me how much it had cost me, lol.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I don't know why everyone is only talking about the Aesthetics.
Anyone who notices your watch, especially it being a beautiful Daytona, will definitely want to check it out. The Faux movement would be a more instant tell than anything.
​​​​​
I love the 116506, but until NOOB comes up with a better looking one or ARF clones the movement, it 's a no go for me.

There is not one time when someone has come up to you in bypassing and said they like your watch, btw take it off so I can check it out!! Not 1 time!! But if I'm wrong and it has and you did this, then your a fool!!

Sent from the RWI App

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
There is not one time when someone has come up to you in bypassing and said they like your watch, btw take it off so I can check it out!! Not 1 time!! But if I'm wrong and it has and you did this, then your a fool!!

Sent from the RWI App

Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble mate, but you're the fool here.

Clearly you aren't around knowledgeable people, who Ofc don't give a shit about what you're wearing or what your watch does. That's not the case with everyone. Remember, YOU are not everyone.

Anyone who knows you and who likes something you're wearing, watch or jacket or whatever would definitely want to try it on, it has happened countless times Caz they know their stuff.
But luckily for you, you can sport a DHgate Shitter and still manage to fool people by what you're telling us.

Reactions: vcappp and QueTip

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Then you say its a replica? Who the fuck cares? Oh right the "elite" people :D i know a bunch of CEOs who own reps themself. Often only the arrogant selfish assholes are checking the watches and then do shittalking (not that your friends are this kind of people).

Anyways buy a noob with incorrect dial (which everybody spot in seconds).

Reactions: Rep_Fan and vcappp

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Anyways buy a noob with incorrect dial (which everybody spot in seconds).

Is this a noob dial?

1xCib.jpg

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
No idea its pixelated as hell? I would say gen because of the thicker subdials. But really hard to say because its pixelated like a 144p youtube video :D

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I thought it’s so easy to spot a fake noob dial vs a gen that one could spot it in seconds.. are you aware of more than one dial for the Platona are in existence, hm? It’s not that far off to be honest.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Yeah, I think the noob is pretty far off, and you definitely notice it when you see the subdials and the bezel, and with any lighting that will show those sunbursts, because they are quite vivid.

With a static 64-pixel image, it's not really the same sort of comparison.

I mean, if accuracy really doesn't matter, then why not just get a canal-street special for $20?

Reactions: vcappp

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yeah, I think the noob is pretty far off, and you definitely notice it when you see the subdials and the bezel, and with any lighting that will show those sunbursts, because they are quite vivid.

With a static 64-pixel image, it's not really the same sort of comparison.

I mean, if accuracy really doesn't matter, then why not just get a canal-street special for $20?

Subdial sunburst aside. That is obviously a fuck up. Same as the SEL flaw they have created. Have you ever held a gen in hand? If not, you can not judge the colour / vividness whatsoever.

Reactions: TheDonSL

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
All playtona dials have the sunburst in all 3 subdials check this:

new-york-ny-usa-15-se5ge2n.jpg

No idea which one you are refering too? Maybe the old version pre 2013?

The only other dial i know is the one with diamonds, Rolex changed the font over the years from raised print to non raised print (which is ridiclious if you look at the pricepoint)

See here:
RolexDaytonaPlatinum_6.jpg

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
All playtona dials have the sunburst in all 3 subdials check this:

new-york-ny-usa-15-se5ge2n.jpg

No idea which one you are refering too? Maybe the old version pre 2013?

The only other dial i know is the one with diamonds, Rolex changed the font over the years from raised print to non raised print (which is ridiclious if you look at the pricepoint)

See here:
RolexDaytonaPlatinum_6.jpg

There are more than 3 dials for the Platona. You’ve mentioned raised print change, also some have different sized subdial rings. As I said above, the non sunburst inside the subs really is a fuck up.

Lets continue this game.. what’s this??

12c0q.png

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I can only speak for myself, but I don't need to hold it in my hand to see the difference - I only need to see it. These aren't subtle differences to me - I find it blatantly obvious (and I know it's not just me that sees it that way). It's obvious in the photos. It's obvious in all of the photos on eBay and Chrono24 when they use a "custom" dial, even when you just see a low-res thumbnail - they all look horrible to me. It's not like a slightly askew font, or incorrect spacing if you zoom in on the lettering. Or even a chrono function that you'd have to start and stare at to see if the minute counter starts to move. It's the sunbursts and the subdial colours, both of which you can see from across the room.

But everyone's approach to the aesthetic and to the pursuit of accuracy is different. To some, such differences will be far less meaningful. And that's absolutely fine - everybody should get what they want to get. It's not a worse choice or a better choice, just a different choice.

Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
There are more than 3 dials for the Platona. You’ve mentioned raised print change, also some have different sized subdial rings. As I said above, the non sunburst inside the subs really is a fuck up.

Lets continue this game.. what’s this??

12c0q.png

Isnt that the old version? Pre 2013? Are you sure thats a gen? Because it looks 1:1 to my 150 € cheapie version oO even same brownish tone.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I can only speak for myself, but I don't need to hold it in my hand to see the difference - I only need to see it. These aren't subtle differences to me - I find it blatantly obvious (and I know it's not just me that sees it that way). It's obvious in the photos. It's obvious in all of the photos on eBay and Chrono24 when they use a "custom" dial, even when you just see a low-res thumbnail - they all look horrible to me. It's not like a slightly askew font, or incorrect spacing if you zoom in on the lettering. Or even a chrono function that you'd have to start and stare at to see if the minute counter starts to move. It's the sunbursts and the subdial colours, both of which you can see from across the room.

But everyone's approach to the aesthetic and to the pursuit of accuracy is different. To some, such differences will be far less meaningful. And that's absolutely fine - everybody should get what they want to get. It's not a worse choice or a better choice, just a different choice.

So you haven’t held a gen? Then let me tell you one thing. You’re talking out of your ass. You can not talk about colour vibrances and vividness etc if you haven’t seen it IRL with your own eyes. The obvious fuck ups, one can talk about but stay away from thinking you could judge colours or such by looking at pics. You’re being delusional.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Oh fing hell and what is that now????

190kZ.jpg