• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 vs ARF 904L DSSD

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
Hi
I’m looking at buying my first rep here. And i’m stuck between these two pieces.

https://puretime.io/sea-dweller-201...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824-v2.html

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...ck-dial-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html

I really like the dssd, but it seems the movement isn’t really that reliable. Where the 2824 seems more reliable. Is that right? Also if anyone owns these watches, can you maybe list the pros and cons of them? Also which watch would you say is the closet to gen, and most reliable out of box?

Sent from the RWI App

ZENNON

Horology Curious
10/7/18
Australia
Don't have any personal experience with either of those, but I'd love the SD43 (and that's what I would get if it was me)

Doc brown

1/11/17
SD43 all day long. You will simply fall in love with it from day 1. If you really want you can remove the cyclops to give it a more DSSD feel. There are pics here from people that have done so. For a first rep stick to 2824. If you run into problems with a 3135, you will need to send it to someone that knows what they are doing. The 2824 functions exactly as per gen on the SD43 regarding date change and adjusting time. Unless you open it, it is as close as possibly attainable to gen right now in reps.

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
Don't have any personal experience with either of those, but I'd love the SD43 (and that's what I would get if it was me)

I have had some time with the gen 116660 and the thing I really fell in love with was the clasp and the overall weight of the watch. It just felt like a tank! The SD43 is also super pretty, I really like the way the red text pops on the dial. And the date mag doesn’t bother me, I think it looks really good. Just a slightly beefier sub

Sent from the RWI App

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
SD43 all day long. You will simply fall in love with it from day 1. If you really want you can remove the cyclops to give it a more DSSD feel. There are pics here from people that have done so. For a first rep stick to 2824. If you run into problems with a 3135, you will need to send it to someone that knows what they are doing. The 2824 functions exactly as per gen on the SD43 regarding date change and adjusting time. Unless you open it, it is as close as possibly attainable to gen right now in reps.

The cyclops doesn’t really bother me, I like the look of it. I have read about the SH3135 being kind of unreliable. I think it will be the SD43!

Sent from the RWI App

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Roler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the SD series.. and how much homework you have done. There are a few design flaws on the previous DS models, aka DEEP SEA. They say it's too big, too thick, too heavy, case and bracelet out of balance.. meaning: the bracelet size too narrow small in width for the case. About the cyclops to me is a pro. It's the first time they put a mag on a SD. First I find it a pro because it's functional. The date is not for show, so now it's way clearer to see the date. It's also more logical, why would the smaller Sub has a mag on the glass and a way bigger DS left with small date display. Most people love Rolex, they like the Submariner. But because everyone is wearing it isn't unique to have one like the DS.
To compare with the DSSD it's way more special. More robust, not many wearing them like the Sub, the gas release system makes it so much cooler and unique to own one!!
Case and bracelet are now more balanced, case smaller by 1mm and bracelet wider to support it's weight and case design.
50th anniversary SD Red. . It's Rad!! !!

Reactions: Apopra

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the SD series.. and how much homework you have done. There are a few design flaws on the previous DS models, aka DEEP SEA. They say it's too big, too thick, too heavy, case and bracelet out of balance.. meaning: the bracelet size too narrow small in width for the case. About the cyclops to me is a pro. It's the first time they put a mag on a SD. First I find it a pro because it's functional. The date is not for show, so now it's way clearer to see the date. It's also more logical, why would the smaller Sub has a mag on the glass and a way bigger DS left with small date display. Most people love Rolex, they like the Submariner. But because everyone is wearing it isn't unique to have one like the DS.
To compare with the DSSD it's way more special. More robust, not many wearing them like the Sub, the gas release system makes it so much cooler and unique to own one!!
Case and bracelet are now more balanced, case smaller by 1mm and bracelet wider to support it's weight and case design.
50th anniversary SD Red. . It's Rad!! !!

I mean I have done a fair amount of research on the SD series. And yea the 116660 have it’s “quirks” but I somehow like those. Not to say that I dislike the 126660, because that watch is also really nice! But the more I look at it, the 126600 just keeps looking better and better. The only downside for me is that I really like the DSSD clasp, and well.. you only get that with the DSSD. Not the end of the world.

Sent from the RWI App

Roler

6/12/17
I mean I have done a fair amount of research on the SD series. And yea the 116660 have it’s “quirks” but I somehow like those. Not to say that I dislike the 126660, because that watch is also really nice! But the more I look at it, the 126600 just keeps looking better and better. The only downside for me is that I really like the DSSD clasp, and well.. you only get that with the DSSD. Not the end of the world.

Sent from the RWI App

Yea I feel you, the DS's glidelocks is quite something. I'm dazzled by it as well. It's really unique and something special about it. I dun have one so I dunno how it's in everyday use. Maybe it's not that good to use that's why Rolex stop using it and instead designed or just used the newer glidelock sysytem like the Sub and I believe now also on the new Daytona's.
However I believe they have their reasons. Although everything looks perfect on the 50th RAD, it's so perfect in balance that has lost it's charm somehow... I dunno how to explain.. but it's only a perfect looking watch.. nothing exiting about it anymore. Does it make any sense to you??
They took all the imperfection out.. makes it dull. Still I'm in love with this watch but on the other hand I'm also looking at the vintage ones.
Wud you consider Deep Blue? Personally I like that one more. More unique right? I mean you're not exactly low profile with the black one anyway.
Why not go extra miles...

Roler

6/12/17
Although everyone is talking about the ARF is a better version of the 50th, what about the Noob? I see the Noob's bazel is looking better.
The basel and the lume insert looks more genuine.
What else is different from the 2 except for the steel?

Last edited:

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
vJmR8.jpg

Reactions: WOTS

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
Try both if you can at a AD. The d blue is really nice .My one is a 2 year old noob V6 sa3135 .Get the noob version unless you want modding or have a cheap and good watchmaker like me .

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

I fully concur, it is an amazing piece !

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
Yea I feel you, the DS's glidelocks is quite something. I'm dazzled by it as well. It's really unique and something special about it. I dun have one so I dunno how it's in everyday use. Maybe it's not that good to use that's why Rolex stop using it and instead designed or just used the newer glidelock sysytem like the Sub and I believe now also on the new Daytona's.
However I believe they have their reasons. Although everything looks perfect on the 50th RAD, it's so perfect in balance that has lost it's charm somehow... I dunno how to explain.. but it's only a perfect looking watch.. nothing exiting about it anymore. Does it make any sense to you??
They took all the imperfection out.. makes it dull. Still I'm in love with this watch but on the other hand I'm also looking at the vintage ones.
Wud you consider Deep Blue? Personally I like that one more. More unique right? I mean you're not exactly low profile with the black one anyway.
Why not go extra miles...

I totally get you. And that’s probaly also the reason why I like the 116660. Actually I have had some time with the genuine d-blue and it is just an amazing looking watch. I think the reason why I at first chose the black dial is because I’m afraid that the d-blue’s dial is incorrect in color and where the colors fade. I feel like the more detail the watch has the more the factory can get wrong you know? But I think I might get both the 126600 and the 116660 if I do anything. I don’t know yet if I want to wait for the 126660. Because as I said, I enjoy the quirks of the 116660. But if the 126660 is even better than the current 116660 we have, I might consider it.

Sent from the RWI App

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
Try both if you can at a AD. The d blue is really nice .My one is a 2 year old noob V6 sa3135 .Get the noob version unless you want modding or have a cheap and good watchmaker like me .

I have had some time with the Deepsea, but haven’t been able to find anyone that has the 126600. I don’t really mind having to mod my watches, it just adds to the fun of this hobby. Only problem is I live in Denmark, so i’ll probaly have to find a watchmaker in Germany. Unless there is one in Denmark.

Sent from the RWI App