• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upgraded Franken 116520 ARF Daytona

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Earlier this year I had an 116520 904L Franken built with a gen dial, gen bezel and gen crystal (this was before the noob clone 4130 was released) based off the much lauded ARF release.

As we know, while the ARF is a great base the pushers were just a tiny bit too long and the lug shape not quite right (although most people probably wouldn't notice or care TBH).

I have just upgraded this by sending to Supporting Vendor Jonj480 to shave down the pushers and reshape the lugs. He also helped me lower the crystal height a fraction as I thought it sat a bit too high and he also repolished the bezel.

I am very happy with the way it looks now. FWIW, I do believe the 904L is a bit more scratch resistant as the wear on the bracelet is much less than on my other frankens (especially the polished centre links) that are based on the 316L noob reps.

Separately, I have one of the new noob 4130 clone rep pieces coming that I will mash up with some of the rep leftover parts from this ARF Franken to create a hybrid.

Reactions: thinwhiteduke

MrBeasy

8/2/16
Before shots...
983666cbeb441897904bd7a77ad6e81c.jpg
511e7739bb4fc239dc3331057e8e8462.jpg
4593ecbd64b7a64dfa9fef3188ab2426.jpg
3b7138af4fa6262c74d3300d76375779.jpg
145bcf786206ffa90fa581c64d65bb75.jpg

Reactions: The_president

w.bblr

Looking Around
4/6/18
Looks great! I'm quite jealous of the 904L SS... and that gen dial, being a Noob owner myself.

It'll be interesting to see your Noob with leftover ARF parts

Reactions: MrBeasy

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Earlier this year I had an 116520 904L Franken built with a gen dial, gen bezel and gen crystal (this was before the noob clone 4130 was released) based off the much lauded ARF release.

As we know, while the ARF is a great base the pushers were just a tiny bit too long and the lug shape not quite right (although most people probably wouldn't notice or care TBH).

I have just upgraded this by sending to Supporting Vendor Jonj480 to shave down the pushers and reshape the lugs. He also helped me lower the crystal height a fraction as I thought it sat a bit too high and he also repolished the bezel.

I am very happy with the way it looks now. FWIW, I do believe the 904L is a bit more scratch resistant as the wear on the bracelet is much less than on my other frankens (especially the polished centre links) that are based on the 316L noob reps.

Separately, I have one of the new noob 4130 clone rep pieces coming that I will mash up with some of the rep leftover parts from this ARF Franken to create a hybrid.

A really neat job, there, MrBeasy ! Really stunning! (Though it hurts to see a gen dial's feet getting clipped, he he)
In case you change your mind when your Noob SA4130 arrives --- in case you decide to slap in a gen bezel and insert like you did with this ARF --- let me know if I can buy your ARF ss bezel and dial, he he he. After all, people are inclined to think that Noob Daytona with SA4130 movement deserves nothing less than gen dial and insert. Just in case. Again, congratulations on such a nice piece!

MrBeasy

8/2/16
A really neat job, there, MrBeasy ! Really stunning!
In case you change your mind when your Noob SA4130 arrives --- in case you decide to slap in a gen bezel and insert like you did with this ARF --- let me know if I can buy your ARF ss bezel and dial, he he he. After all, people are inclined to think that Noob Daytona with SA4130 movement deserves nothing less than gen dial and insert. Just in case. Again, congratulations on such a nice piece!
Will do - I just bought another Franken Daytona with noob base and considering if I should keep both this one and that one. I will compare them and document the differences

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Will do - I just bought another Franken Daytona with noob base and considering if I should keep both this one and that one. I will compare them and document the differences

Coolness! I can't wait to see how it goes. I hope we are talking about the Noob 116520 (your franken with Nooob as base and the Noob tht you ordered from TD). Either way, you can't go wrong with the Noob with gen dial and bezel. I mean after all, you got your ARF both, he he.
Pls post photos of your recently acquired Daytona (Noob) franken!

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Coolness! I can't wait to see how it goes. I hope we are talking about the Noob 116520 (your franken with Nooob as base and the Noob tht you ordered from TD). Either way, you can't go wrong with the Noob with gen dial and bezel. I mean after all, you got your ARF both, he he.
Pls post photos of your recently acquired Daytona (Noob) franken!

You clever clogs getting in there first! ;)

MrBeasy you seem to be forever snapping up watches, if you have any more ARF bezels and dials I'll happily take them off your hands as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
Looks great! I am curious about the lume on your gen dial and hands. I see its a one tick dial. Does it glow green or blue? Do you know if there is a difference in lume color between one tick and two tick dials?

Wurstriwl

Known Member
24/8/18
What are the extra costs for gen parts? Bezel, dial, crystal??

Where did you buy the parts ?