• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Six months with the Noob V7 DSSD D-Blue A2836

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
I posted this next door, wanted to share it here as well.

Since I have now owned my Noob V7 DSSD D-Blue for a little over 6 months, I decided to do a review of my experience and opinion on this particular watch. This has been worn in a small rotation, at least 3 days a week for the past 6 months.

This is not a comparison to other reps or a ‘how close to gen’. What I intend to do, is provide you with my experience and what you can expect from this watch over an extended period of time.

This watch was bought new from Josh at Perfect Clones in February. So when I received it, it came bone stock with the crappy dark bezel numbers. I wore it for a while like this, until it bothered me too much and I used Molotow paint to brighten up the numbers. This is the only mod I did.

Now, on to the review:

Dial, hands & datewheel

Nothing to mention here, everything has functioned flawlessly. Hands and indices have remained in place. The date still snaps over at midnight exactly. Colors and lume are still strong and bright as on day 1.

6hudf7.jpg

Crystal

​​​​​​​The sapphire crystal is still totally unmarked and super clear. I’m very impressed. Because, while I take care of my watches, I didn’t baby it. This has had a few encounters with walls, desks and other objects. Still, not a mark on the crystal.

2rc032q.jpg

Bezel & insert

​​​​​​​As I mentioned, I did use Molotow paint on the insert numbers to brighten them up. So it’s not stock in that regard, but that doesn’t affect the bezel’s operation. Again, very impressed. The ceramic still looks spotless, the pearl pip is still in place and there is no increased play in the rotating action. And this has had it’s fair share of bumps and knocks.

30m7tli.jpg

The case​​​​​​​ & caseback

This has been really good as well. Apart from the odd micro scratch, nothing to report. The brushing still looks good and unworn and the polished surfaces are still bright with some slight micro scratches. I had read people were having issues with the black lettering on the caseback fading, but mine hasn’t done that. The engravings on the caseback do get dirty, so regular cleaning is advisable. As for water resistance, I haven’t tested it. I wash my hands with it and that’s about it. I only shower/swim with watches that I have had pressure tested. On this one I think it would be a good idea to seal off the helium escape valve if you want to take it in the water.

j6pdz7.jpg

t8vl9l.jpg

dnf4ls.jpg

The bracelet & clasp

​​​​​​​As with any watch, this gets the most abuse. The link that’s next to the flip lock has marks on it, as on every Rolex (rep or gen) with the flip lock. The glidelock still works perfectly and oh how I love this feature. Micro adjustments without taking the watch off, brilliant! It’s advisable to clean your bracelet regularly to keep it dirt free and functioning. What I do is take off the bracelet and clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner every month or so.

2v9t2rm.jpg

6sc55l.jpg

The movement

​​​​​​​This specimen is running the A2836 and it has been dead reliable. It runs about 10 seconds fast every 24 hours, which it has been doing very consistently over the past 6 months. Great power reserve of over 40 hours. The automatic winding works as it should, keeping the watch fully wound when worn. Handwinding is very smooth, better than on my ARF sub with an A2824. The date setting works great, the date also flips over perfectly at midnight like mentioned before. I have not had a single issue with this movement and I have not been overly cautious.

Conclusion

After intensively using this watch for 6 months, it has thoroughly impressed. No excessive wear, no reliability issues. And it hasn’t been a box queen.

Would I recommend this watch? Yes, definitely, but maybe not to everyone. The size might be a little much for the smaller wristed amongst us. Not so much the diameter, since the lug to lug distance makes it quite compact, but the thickness. For me it’s not an issue, it fits my 7.5” wrist comfortably and I like a hefty watch. It even slips under the cuff of most of my shirts (not all though).

All this is of course just my opinion, but I hope this gives some more insight in the quality of this particular rep apart from just the aesthetics.

Doctor76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/18
Thank you for sharing.
I have the same since 3 months. Same experience. Still looks like new (I wear it 2-3 times a week)
I am only not 100% satisfied with the sapphire. It’s clear but with sunshines looks like there are microscopic stripes inside. It’s difficult to explain. Looks like when you clean a glass bit you leave some stripes

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
Thank you for sharing.
I have the same since 3 months. Same experience. Still looks like new (I wear it 2-3 times a week)
I am only not 100% satisfied with the sapphire. It’s clear but with sunshines looks like there are microscopic stripes inside. It’s difficult to explain. Looks like when you clean a glass bit you leave some stripes

That’s most likely the dial/indices and hands reflecting on the crystal. Even my gen Rolexes do that. Rolex refuses to use AR on their crystals.

Doctor76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/18
No. It’s multiple stripes.
My gens and my v7 hulk doesn’t have it

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
No. It’s multiple stripes.
My gens and my v7 hulk doesn’t have it

Oh that sucks, maybe some smudges on the inside of the crystal. That would bother me, I’d take the movement out and see if cleaning the inside of the crystal helps.