• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

v2 Noob Daytona wait times from the TDs

Wraithier

19/6/16
Ordered mine on 9/19 from Intime, white dial ceramic was unavailable so settled for black dial.
9/20 - Paid
9/28 - Noticed 904L white dial preorder is listed
10/3 - Pay the difference and change my order to 904L white dial
10/5 - Receive QC photos a watch, a black dial ceramic 904L watch

I'm told the white dial is out of stock, even though I confirmed with Ryan that it was available before I payed the additional $80 for the 904L version.

I would have just stuck with the 316 version because you really can't tell a difference.

I approved the QC of the black version on 10/7 rather than wait the month I was quoted and now just waiting for the watch to ship.

I was eventually going to change the dial anyway I guess.

Update received my watch on 10/11. It's an amazing watch other than the wrong subdials. Time to search for a white dial to replace it.

Anyone recommend a modder in the US to shave a dial and install it? Not sure if anyone in the US has done this yet.

eddieb02

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/17
Update received my watch on 10/11. It's an amazing watch other than the wrong subdials. Time to search for a white dial to replace it.

Anyone recommend a modder in the US to shave a dial and install it? Not sure if anyone in the US has done this yet.

im in a similar situation, i ordered the 316, now told they will only be making the 904L - no big deal i paid the difference today - thing is i have a gen white dial and bezel - so i just want to get my hands on the movement.

also if anyone has any recs on who could do the dial swap that would be much appreciated

Wraithier

19/6/16
im in a similar situation, i ordered the 316, now told they will only be making the 904L - no big deal i paid the difference today - thing is i have a gen white dial and bezel - so i just want to get my hands on the movement.

also if anyone has any recs on who could do the dial swap that would be much appreciated

If it's any consolation the 904L version seems like they've correct the SEL issue some of the 316 had. My SEL is nearly perfect.

eddieb02

9/11/17
well i just got my QC pics - and its for the ceramic (dark bezel) not what i ordered but i figure it doesnt make much of a difference since im putting in gen bezel and dial. only thing i wonder is which rep dial and bezel has the best resale since ill have no need for them and will list them?

also not exactly sure what to look for in the QC - verything looks lined up to me but very hard to nitpick too much

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
well i just got my QC pics - and its for the ceramic (dark bezel) not what i ordered but i figure it doesnt make much of a difference since im putting in gen bezel and dial. only thing i wonder is which rep dial and bezel has the best resale since ill have no need for them and will list them?

also not exactly sure what to look for in the QC - verything looks lined up to me but very hard to nitpick too much

Just out of curiosity, have you already sourced the gen parts?

Wraithier

19/6/16

If you are changing the dial and bezel there isn't too much else to check. Really I think just the SELs and clasp and make sure the rehaut looks aligned too.

Reactions: vcappp

eddieb02

9/11/17
yes i was lucky enough to get on ebay right when the 4130 came out bc i knew that it would start to increase demand for gen bezel and dials. i got pretty good deals i think. ill post some pics when i get everything - still havent been able to find a watch smith who can do the swap.

as for QC pics it looks ok to me but im no expert

Reactions: vcappp

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
fradic I read that learning the 7750 is the first step to repair a chronograph. I read that the 4130 is way harder than the 7750. So better to practice my repair skills otherwise I will mess up my own watch. Lol.

yakuuu

Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
looks like it's out of stock...

Anybody ordered one recently?

nothingelse

29/10/17
Ordered today. 3/6 weeks the waiting time.I hope to be a little lucky for my last rep. Black bezel, white dials and black subdials. My last rep.

realtime77

Horology Curious
25/7/18
beb3e82c2ede1191d2bc9d3905738a5d.jpg

Ordered 19th August
Changed 904 11th September
Shipped 22nd October
On wrist 30th October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Babul

Horology Curious
25/9/18
Been waiting for 3 weeks.. and He said maybe wait another 3 weeks. Ordered from Andrew Trusty Time.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Is the dial on black or white closer to gen? I know the flaws, but is any one of them better out of the box?

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Is the dial on black or white closer to gen? I know the flaws, but is any one of them better out of the box?

Generally the black dials from noob, JF, ARF etc are closer to gen compared to white ones.

However in this specific instance, the subdial surroundings (silver on black or black on white) are much fatter on the Noob than the gen. This is immediately noticeable on the black dial, but somewhat harder to notice on the white dial.

On the other hand, the ARF dial is almost flawless and I suppose these will start popping up on M2M sales in the following months. It fits the Noob V2 904 model with a little shaving.

In my opinion, a Noob V2 904 with ARF dial (& bezel) and ARF 904 bracelet is something that would fool 95% of the people in the watch business upon inspection, without having a gen next to it to compare. I even think many watchsmiths will open the caseback and start working on Noob's SA4130 before starting to notice that there's something wrong and it's not a real rolex movement. However, I'm no expert, just a fan of swiss automatic watches and their respectively replicated asian clones.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Generally the black dials from noob, JF, ARF etc are closer to gen compared to white ones.

However in this specific instance, the subdial surroundings (silver on black or black on white) are much fatter on the Noob than the gen. This is immediately noticeable on the black dial, but somewhat harder to notice on the white dial.

On the other hand, the ARF dial is almost flawless and I suppose these will start popping up on M2M sales in the following months. It fits the Noob V2 904 model with a little shaving.

In my opinion, a Noob V2 904 with ARF dial (& bezel) and ARF 904 bracelet is something that would fool 95% of the people in the watch business upon inspection, without having a gen next to it to compare. I even think many watchsmiths will open the caseback and start working on Noob's SA4130 before starting to notice that there's something wrong and it's not a real rolex movement. However, I'm no expert, just a fan of swiss automatic watches and their respectively replicated asian clones.

Thanks for the detailed insight.

nothingelse

29/10/17
Been waiting for 3 weeks.. and He said maybe wait another 3 weeks. Ordered from Andrew Trusty Time.

Black ceramic bezel and white dial? I think we will ge one of these just before Christmas thanks to Christmas stock. I hope.