• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Official Platinum Daytona 116506 Thread!

stoyania

15/4/16
I just ordered the Noob 116506 ice blue V2 from Trusty Time. I haven’t gotten it nor seen the QC pics yet, but I see they have a new version for April. Is there big changes compared to the previous release? Other than the 904L bs the platinum, what are the biggest differences between gen and this? The one thing I notices is that the hands on the sundials are a silver color in the gen, bar dark brown or black in the reps. Does anyone know if there can be any mods done to platinum dip the 904L to match the look of the gem?

Any advise is is much appreciated.

i am surprised not much discussion on this watch....what are the Noob major flaws except the weight difference?

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Also, thickness of subdial. Gens are slightly thicker , more similar in size to V1 Noob 116520/116500.

Unfortunately ARF dial has way too thin subdials, though it does have individual sunburts in subdials.

SEL should also protude on Precious Metal versions.

It’s good overall, but I feel can be called out from a distance, hence I would suggest going for the new V2 116500 in Black for the best ootb.

Reactions: KJ2020 and stoyania

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
15615093416511.jpg

Reactions: Essray

Naughtylus

18/4/19
After seeing the pics, I think ARF is closer to gen than noob... but please correct me if I’m wrong!

Side talks: anyone a John Mayer’s fan that’s why this watch?? Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

Downing

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/20
So I went and ordered the 116506 Daytona, the latest version from ARF. Anyone who owns this rep, is the 4130 clone movement stable and durable? In ARF models the 3 and 9 subdials don't work but I'm OK with it. Any input of the ARF latest Daytonas? Any pros and cons? thanks

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
So I went and ordered the 116506 Daytona, the latest version from ARF. Anyone who owns this rep, is the 4130 clone movement stable and durable? In ARF models the 3 and 9 subdials don't work but I'm OK with it. Any input of the ARF latest Daytonas? Any pros and cons? thanks
You're asking a lot of questions that I would have thought you'd have researched and been satisfied about before you went ahead and ordered the watch. Anyway, there are many, many satisfied owners of the ARF Daytona out there. I've had three v2 models, and didn't have any problems with any of them.

Reactions: Downing

Downing

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/20
Thanks mate that’s good to hear. Found some older threads of the 116506 but they were mostly people picking each other about which one had better dial, Noob or ARF lol

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I fell in love with this watch recently.
He's on the way :D
Already approved it.
I know the endlinks are wrong, and it does not weigh 240 grams, but I love the look (and I am not trying to fool anyone, saying I've got a 60k watch :p)

IMG-2218-Edit.jpg

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Just found this thread, thanks to FLYER9 for directing me here.

I fell in love with this model when I tried on gen while I had my gen datejust in for service. Has there been any recent updates to Noob's model (or ARF) that I should consider before ordering?

Reactions: FLYER9

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Yes, the endlinks are still wrong.
I consider this a fantasy watch, since it is constructed with stainless steel and has incorrect endlinks.

But it's a beautiful watch, and I love it.

P1001795-Edit.jpg

This is the latest Noob V3 (I think there's a V4 already, for the white dial version) and I bought it at Puretime.

Cheers

Last edited:

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
I'm super torn. I agree, it's a "phantom": the blue/brown/steel combo. I love the look. I can't decide between this or the accurate panda. Arghhh

Reactions: Mille M

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I might also buy the "panda".
Never thought I would like this form factor so much.
Fits really nicely on the wrist...

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I'm super torn. I agree, it's a "phantom": the blue/brown/steel combo. I love the look. I can't decide between this or the accurate panda. Arghhh

I've had the V3 panda and found it very bland looking, it actually put me off daytonas. I now have the 116519ln, which is the one with the steel coloured dial. In terms of beauty it is on a completely different level to the panda. Buy which one you like the looks of, which in your case seems to be this watch.

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
I've had the V3 panda and found it very bland looking, it actually put me off daytonas. I now have the 116519ln, which is the one with the steel coloured dial. In terms of beauty it is on a completely different level to the panda. Buy which one you like the looks of, which in your case seems to be this watch.

Great advice, Ron, I appreciate it. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 116506. First order, I need to pick PT or Jtime. Pricing is the same, I'll get a quote, shipped to Canada, from each.

Reactions: RonP