• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Official Platinum Daytona 116506 Thread!

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
These pictures are taken under special conditions, so you can’t really expect this is real life.
Watch some videos on YouTube to get a picture of how this looks in real life.

I do not own the gen, but I've seen it in person repeatedly - I have the watch-spotting advantage of living in Kensington&Chelsea. Though the colours do vary with lighting, the subdial colour generally matches very close to the bezel colour. So, if the lighting is such that it makes the bezel look darker, the subdials will also look darker. Conversely, in daylight and bright office light, they both look a brighter shade. In either circumstance, they both appear to be a very similar in shade. Even the youtube videos of the gen reflect this reality.

Such seemingly is not the case with this rep.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
I do not own the gen, but I've seen it in person repeatedly - I have the watch-spotting advantage of living in Kensington&Chelsea. Though the colours do vary with lighting, the subdial colour generally matches very close to the bezel colour. So, if the lighting is such that it makes the bezel look darker, the subdials will also look darker. Conversely, in daylight and bright office light, they both look a brighter shade. In either circumstance, they both appear to be a very similar in shade. Even the youtube videos of the gen reflect this reality.

Such seemingly is not the case with this rep.

You do got a point a there, the colour shade of the bezel and the subdails are only relative so lighting conditions do not matter.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
OK, so with all the reading up and info I've been able to collect from the forum.

The Noob seems to have gotten only the movement right which is HUGE step for Reps, but they lack a lot aesthetically in all of their Daytonas, which the ARF have managed to do to quite a good extent. Nevertheless they have a dummy/faux chronograph which basically renders them useless.

As of now, unless you're ready to do some modding or frankening, I don't advise you buy either. Rather buy other Super Reps or Clones until Noob comes out with a better Version of their Watch Case, Bracelet and everything or ARF too gets their movement down.

Do keep this thread posted with any advancements and/or finds.

Cheers
​​​

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
My observation confirms that and as far as I remember guru had mentioned this once or twice already. It seems to me that OTB Noob dials are somehow "pulling to the left" on the bottom part of the dial to allow better alignment of rehaut/hour markers of the dials. To keep up with the spacing of the 6hr marker it is moved to the left of 120 bezel mark, Once the GEN is installed the "pulling" effect disappears.

I’d be interested in learning more about this. So in essence you’re saying that it isn’t the tachy that aligned to the right but the dial that pulls to the left? Where can I find more info on this and how can this be modded? Gen dial or an ARF dial I am assuming would work? Thanks.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’d be interested in learning more about this. So in essence you’re saying that it isn’t the tachy that aligned to the right but the dial that pulls to the left? Where can I find more info on this and how can this be modded? Gen dial or an ARF dial I am assuming would work? Thanks.

Just got my Noob yesterday, no issue with bezel alignment. The subdial rings are definitely brown, though it's hard to capture. Next to gen you can see the rings are s little too narrow, ARF is about the same also too thin.

SL2cI.jpg

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
I still think this is the sexiest Daytona color format, flaws aside......

Reactions: KJ2020

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I see this thread died a little early, can anyone confirm that all these Noob Platonas have the extended lugs?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes they do, I posted pics above.

Markus2015

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/15
what is the weight difference between the noob and gen?

and can you actually see that it's steel instead of platinum?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
what is the weight difference between the noob and gen?

and can you actually see that it's steel instead of platinum?

Weight difference is going to be massive. Gen is almost 300 grams its a very very heavy piece.

Amg80

Looking Around
13/4/19
I just ordered the Noob 116506 ice blue V2 from Trusty Time. I haven’t gotten it nor seen the QC pics yet, but I see they have a new version for April. Is there big changes compared to the previous release? Other than the 904L bs the platinum, what are the biggest differences between gen and this? The one thing I notices is that the hands on the sundials are a silver color in the gen, bar dark brown or black in the reps. Does anyone know if there can be any mods done to platinum dip the 904L to match the look of the gem?

Any advise is is much appreciated.

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
The one thing I notices is that the hands on the sundials are a silver color in the gen, bar dark brown or black in the reps.

The hands on the rep is silver and only looks black because of the reflection

jiggyjaggy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/2/16
Is the NooB currently the best rep to go for in this watch?