• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF just launched the 116500 V2, a day after Noob launched their V2 of it, what are your opinions?

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Lol everyone talks about how horrible the noob is... I received the new version of the 116520 white dial today.. the watch is freaking beautiful ! Sure if you look really hard the SELs are not super but the rest looks great. I have a Gen dial that will be her win a few days and a Gen bezel other than That the watch is quite amazing for $600. The movement is just unreal for a rep lol the finish of it is insane ! As long as the ARF has a 7750 I will never buy one after having this noob today lol and I have a lot of Gen rolexes and this fees damn close to a Gen feel. Even looks the part.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The black version V2 have the same wrong subdials

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
What? Did you even READ my reply? SMH... I said your comparison is dumb - and we are talking about 116500 here - still 18-20k on the market for a new one. So yes who cares if you spent 6000 GBP 7 YEARS ago? That doesn't have any relevance today. 1 You can't buy one for that price today and 2. it's not a 116500.

I still stand by my words: if you walk out into the city and see a 116500 on someones wrist, you cannot tell if it's a noob or a gen unless you happen to have a gen to compare it to. If you can tell, then good for you and you must be a watch God.

smh...

My thoughts exactly society folks claim that in passing they can tell rep from gen? Hell the black Daytona is so shiny when sun shinning that you can barely tell what time it is now a given if you take them off and put them under lights with a 10x loupe to compare sure you will find the flaws.......but hell even gen Rolex have manufacturing tolerances/differences so I’ll take the noob Daytona any day over gen for the fact is buy 2 and the savings go buy yourself a nice used Mercedes

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Lol everyone talks about how horrible the noob is... I received the new version of the 116520 white dial today.. the watch is freaking beautiful ! Sure if you look really hard the SELs are not super but the rest looks great. I have a Gen dial that will be her win a few days and a Gen bezel other than That the watch is quite amazing for $600. The movement is just unreal for a rep lol the finish of it is insane ! As long as the ARF has a 7750 I will never buy one after having this noob today lol and I have a lot of Gen rolexes and this fees damn close to a Gen feel. Even looks the part.

Where did you acquire these gen parts?!

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
Dude this is the last time i waste my energy on you as you obviously don't read a single thing i put. For the record every comment I have put is in response to your statement....

1st statement being no one can tell on the wrist. Wrong you can.

2nd statement that i should buy a gen for 20k if i think the noobs aren't good enough. My response i don't need too as i own a gen and it didn't cost me 20k as ive had it since 2011 and it was £6k also in that statement acknowledged it was 2011 and not todays price. Nothing to do with relevance on time and price simple fact i don't need to spend any money on a gen daytona at all. I own one.

You have just blurted out incoherent irrelevant responses to everything.

Im not sure if you have had a bump on the head or drank too much full fat coke. Read back across our conversation take it in and breath at the same time im sure it will sink in eventually. Either that or go back to flexing you fake rolex you've spent 20k on to you pals with 200k watches. Just please don't bother me anymore. I cant explain and respond to you any clearer.

Bottom line enjoy your noobs for what they are...reps. But don't try and tell me that you cant tell on the wrist because the majority of people in this forum and anyone with the slightest interest in daytona's will laugh you out the place. If you had said 116520 white face i may have slightly agreed with you its a tough tell, but if you know what your looking at the bezel is off. 116500 both white and black face dials are bad and can spot easily. I think your trying to convince yourself they 1:1 so you can carry on pretending its real to all your friends.

Wow waste on TheSociety friend he has more absolutely insane Rolex watches than you have probably had wet dreams about he is pretty much the guru on Rolex besides a few others yourself with less than 100 posts and I’ve seen no work you have done are the expert would probably pay if you show just a little respect to the knowing crowd you would learn a few things!!
he never stated the noob was perfect by any means but for the price is one hell of a piece

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Is it me or are the indices edges on the ARF2 too thick?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
By taking use of that I mean report him to Rolex, English is not my native language. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I will rephrase my original comment.

Bullshit, do you think I was born yesterday? No way regardless of language barriers that "take advantage of" can be misconstrued as "report to authorities" so don't take us as fools please.

Do not EVER even THINK of selling a single gen part on this forum or anywhere else for that matter because if you do and I or another member find out about it you won't like what will follow, Alles Klar?
That by the way is not a threat, it's a promise.

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Where did you acquire these gen parts?!

TRF and Chrono 24 is where I get most of my parts.

But seriously with the gen dial and bezel this watch is near as perfect as it gets.
Obviously when you feel the bracelet it’s quality isn’t near what a Gen is, but look and touch, brush, polish etc.. spot on.

People get on with all of the 904 and 316 and yea it’s cool to have it in 904 but honestly this Daytona next to my gens the steel is exactly the same looking brush and polish. It is impossible to call out for the material.

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
Lol it's impossible to get and even if you find it chances are it's going to be very very very expensive. I have an acquaintance that's a jeweller he works on real Rolex watches, and he told me that he can swap fake parts and take the gen ones. He's done it before. He told me about it 2-3 days ago. Although it's not correct at all and he can get in a lot of trouble. So I might take use of that information and report him to the authorities.

i love all watches, gen or rep. but to steal someone's parts and replace it with fake parts is beyond wrong. not only the money loss, but most of the time watches have huge sentimental significance that's beyond any amount of money can buy. i have an old pulsar that my dad gave me and it wouldn't cost more than $10 now, but no way would i even polish it. that's so wrong what he's doing.

Reactions: ywg and theREALgoat

knol

17/8/16
Now let us see if our other TD‘s will anounce this noob and ARF V2. I believe it is just Angus with his marketing campagne. But I could be wrong as always.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

so far i have not seen an ARF V2 anywhere else so is this a real V2 ?

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
i love all watches, gen or rep. but to steal someone's parts and replace it with fake parts is beyond wrong. not only the money loss, but most of the time watches have huge sentimental significance that's beyond any amount of money can buy. i have an old pulsar that my dad gave me and it wouldn't cost more than $10 now, but no way would i even polish it. that's so wrong what he's doing.

Yes. Stealing is wrong.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
My thoughts exactly society folks claim that in passing they can tell rep from gen? Hell the black Daytona is so shiny when sun shinning that you can barely tell what time it is now a given if you take them off and put them under lights with a 10x loupe to compare sure you will find the flaws.......but hell even gen Rolex have manufacturing tolerances/differences so I’ll take the noob Daytona any day over gen for the fact is buy 2 and the savings go buy yourself a nice used Mercedes

You must be blind if you cant spot those fat sub dials on the noob daytona. Maybe its because im so used to looking at my gen from wearing it everyday I don't know. It just looks wrong no denying it no getting away from it. Enjoy your noob but it looks fake and no loup is needed to see this.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Wow waste on TheSociety friend he has more absolutely insane Rolex watches than you have probably had wet dreams about he is pretty much the guru on Rolex besides a few others yourself with less than 100 posts and I’ve seen no work you have done are the expert would probably pay if you show just a little respect to the knowing crowd you would learn a few things!!
he never stated the noob was perfect by any means but for the price is one hell of a piece

Another one who cant read. I never ever said he said the noob was perfect. His statement was that you cant tell the noob daytona on the wrist and im telling you that you can. if he's such an expert then he would know this in the first place and totally agree. There is plenty of comparison photos in these forums showing the fat sub dials and how horrible they look also the bezel is a tell if you know what your looking at. If your talking about franked its a whole different story and a whole different price bracket.

I don't care how many posts or how many reps the guy has built or owns im comparing the noob to gen first hand with my own eyes. For you to try to tell me this guy is a guru on rolex watches is absolutely laughable. If this was true then he would absolutely know it can be spotted on the wrist from a distance.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I think many could spot the noob 1165xx at a distance. Some are better than others, and obviously we all know the worst offenders.

You can try by going to any of the TD sites, and pulling up their Daytona listings. Just from the tiny thumbnail pics shown, you will very easily spot many of the noobs just from their chubby subdials, even if you only look at one photo at a time (it's obviously much easier when comparing). No other faults are as readily apparent, and most require a very close examination or a loupe. The fat subdials don't.

I think that the noob movement is revolutionary and fantastic, and for a gen dial franken, it's a no-brainer. However, there's no denying that those fat subdials in particular make for a worse "gen" impression on the wrist. Aesthetically, it looks different, and that difference is noticeable.

What one buyer is happy with is a very individual decision. I think it's important to underline that the exercise of noting differences between various models is not meant to disparage anyone's personal preference. It's merely to inform buyers of the particular positives and negatives of each offering, so that they can make a better buying decision to meet their particular wish-list.

For me, I might see 10 Daytonas a day between my home neighbourhood, the tube journey, and working in a financial centre. Of those 10, not all are genuine, and some faults are obvious from the casual-observer distance when you see that many all the time (and then pass all the gen resellers and places like WatchFinder etc.). The chubby noob subdials certainly fit in that category for me. So for me, it's not personally appealing to have a watch with what I perceive as overly-chubby subdials. That's my perception only, given my unique circumstances, weighing my personal preferences. Nothing more. Would I wear one of those noobs into a meeting? No, I wouldn't. Would anyone notice if I did? Unless they were a Daytona fanatic, probably not, but because the difference is so noticeable to me, it certainly wouldn't make me comfortable.

Where I lived previously, I don't think I ever saw a single Daytona, and wouldn't have recognized noob from gen even if it was handed to me for an in-depth examination.

YMMV

Last edited:

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
I believe I saw a white 116500 dial for sale here.... I could be wrong, but pretty sure I saw it.
Yes. It was 2000 euros

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

lcsrep11

19/8/17
I think many could spot the noob 1165xx at a distance. Some are better than others, and obviously we all know the worst offenders.

You can try by going to any of the TD sites, and pulling up their Daytona listings. Just from the tiny thumbnail pics shown, you will very easily spot many of the noobs just from their chubby subdials, even if you only look at one photo at a time (it's obviously much easier when comparing). No other faults are as readily apparent, and most require a very close examination or a loupe. The fat subdials don't.

I think that the noob movement is revolutionary and fantastic, and for a gen dial franken, it's a no-brainer. However, there's no denying that those fat subdials in particular make for a worse "gen" impression on the wrist. Aesthetically, it looks different, and that difference is noticeable.

What one buyer is happy with is a very individual decision. I think it's important to underline that the exercise of noting differences between various models is not meant to disparage anyone's personal preference. It's merely to inform buyers of the particular positives and negatives of each offering, so that they can make a better buying decision to meet their particular wish-list.

For me, I might see 10 Daytonas a day between my home neighbourhood, the tube journey, and working in a financial centre. Of those 10, not all are genuine, and some faults are obvious from the casual-observer distance when you see that many all the time (and then pass all the gen resellers and places like WatchFinder etc.). The chubby noob subdials certainly fit in that category for me. So for me, it's not personally appealing to have a watch with what I perceive as overly-chubby subdials. That's my perception only, given my unique circumstances, weighing my personal preferences. Nothing more. Would I wear one of those noobs into a meeting? No, I wouldn't. Would anyone notice if I did? Unless they were a Daytona fanatic, probably not, but because the difference is so noticeable to me, it certainly wouldn't make me comfortable.

Where I lived previously, I don't think I ever saw a single Daytona, and wouldn't have recognized noob from gen even if it was handed to me for an in-depth examination.

YMMV

Well said.

I get why people are over the moon with noobs due to sizing and movement and agree its a huge leap forward in rep industry, but to me subdials scream fake.

If you are going to buy gen dial and bezel you have an awesome rep for a fraction of the cost of a gen but you cant compare a franken Noob to an out of the box Arf. Out of the box for me the Arf is most gen like theres no denying it.

Reactions: racingeagle

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Well said.

I get why people are over the moon with noobs due to sizing and movement and agree its a huge leap forward in rep industry, but to me subdials scream fake.

If you are going to buy gen dial and bezel you have an awesome rep for a fraction of the cost of a gen but you cant compare a franken Noob to an out of the box Arf. Out of the box for me the Arf is most gen like theres no denying it.

In reality though the only person who is going to care about the watch your wearing in this instance is more than likely a Daytona fan who will probably be able to tell.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
In reality though the only person who is going to care about the watch your wearing in this instance is more than likely a Daytona fan who will probably be able to tell.

Very rare instance that you will cross a Daytona super fan that can tell an ARF from Gen. I have a gen 116515, I compared it to my ARF 116500 (I must have posted it 7-8 months ago) and I honestly did not see much of a difference. The pushers are a bit long, but very hard to notice that in person.

Reactions: racingeagle