• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L Explorer i 214270 will release very soon

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
How is the movement holding up? Let me know if you decide to sell it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Movement is serviced and watch is waterproofed. I will mate, although i think this will not leave my collection soon lol. Still on the wrist and became a favorite :p

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Movement is serviced and watch is waterproofed. I will mate, although i think this will not leave my collection soon lol. Still on the wrist and became a favorite :p
Nice! I'd love to get one like that!

TheKnight

16/11/18
I went bp. Water proofed it to 100m. Put in an sw200-1. And it's doing 0.5s/day last i checked.

Only issue is crown slips if winding too fast. Have To do quarter small slow turns. Sellita like ETA seem to not like to be wound.

a5c77a31e07b289d0571d682b537d114.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mak52580

23/3/18

Just curious since I'm new to the forums, where could you get a rep waterproofed? I'm considering having this be my daily wearer, and would love to go in the pool, hot tub, ocean, etc. without worrying about it.

TheKnight

16/11/18
Just curious since I'm new to the forums, where could you get a rep waterproofed? I'm considering having this be my daily wearer, and would love to go in the pool, hot tub, ocean, etc. without worrying about it.

even if it is. chlorine and sea salt water eats gaskets. so unless you know how to re-silicone grease all the gaskets in the crown, crowntube, caseback. then i dont recommend doing all that.

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Is the ARF still the best explorer 1 rep on the market? Or do I need to consider some kind of franken?

jfdupuis

14/5/10
I went bp. Water proofed it to 100m. Put in an sw200-1. And it's doing 0.5s/day last i checked.

Only issue is crown slips if winding too fast. Have To do quarter small slow turns. Sellita like ETA seem to not like to be wound.

a5c77a31e07b289d0571d682b537d114.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I think you're better off not manually winding it. I've had two ETA movt crap out because I was being an idiot and winding it too much.

Colin90

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/18
Hi guys, I have had the ARF and sold it for the BP.

In short, the ARF is much higher quality. The SEL is perfect and overal look and shine is more on point. The BP is more gen-like as it doesn't have this awkward "3" numeral and the case is better.

My question: would it be easy to fit the BP dial into the ARF one, knowing that the movements are different? This would be the good franken 214270 IMHO.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

In short, the ARF is much higher quality. The SEL is perfect and overal look and shine is more on point. The BP is more gen-like as it doesn't have this awkward "3" numeral and the case is better.

My question: would it be easy to fit the BP dial into the ARF one, knowing that the movements are different? This would be the good franken 214270 IMHO.

A franken is a rep watch with gen parts. Mixing 2 reps is just modding, not frankening

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17

the better idea would be to buy a ARF bracelet for your bp (~170 USD). even if you put the bp dial in the arf case, you would still have the unalligned & wrong spaced rehaut and the worse case. BP head & ARF Bracelet is the best 214270 rep at moment.

Reactions: museguy and 2bad4ya

Faj

10/3/19
Is it possible that there will be a new Rep version Explorer comming out?

(have ARF and BP)

Would be good some technical advancements would be used for a new run

Reactions: Nick8k

Gsn91

Horology Curious
8/7/16
Does anyone have a link to a TD where I can buy the BP with ARF bracelet each separately? Or is someone selling the combo? Happy New Year!