• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L Explorer i 214270 will release very soon

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Imho there's no winner. I've sold the ARF, just because I've bought meanwhile too many watches….but I missed so much, I thought and still think it's the best modern Rolex, so after one month I've bought the BP and I still cannot tell you which is the best.
I still think the BP/GM rehaut is so damn wrong (expecially the character used, and also the dimension), whilst the ARF/JF had only an alignment issue. Yes, that number "3" in the ARF is wrong (actually I realized it was wrong after a lot of time, probably because of this forum!), but the rest of the dial is better, its depht and colour is much better. BP is only better in two things: case shape and, yes, numbers' shape (both important).
I just cannot judge the movements. The 3132 works like the genuine, but someone says the eta could be much affordable and for sure fixing it is much easier (anyway my 3135 after 6 months still works like a champion).
So, choosing between the two is just subjective, someone could "prefers" some flaws, someone else couldn't accept others.
The following could be my personal report (10 of course should be the genuine).
DISCLAIMER: it's just my personal opinion after few months of use of the ARF and 10 days of the BP/GM.

ARF BP/GMF
Case shape 6 8
Dial 7 8
Bracelet 9 7
Clasp 9 7
Crown 8 7
Assembly 8 7
Hands 7 7
Rehaut 8 5
Materials 8 7

Enjoy your 214270, I love it!

Last edited:

Faj

10/3/19
May I ask what you mean by case shape difference?
Or maybe there is a comparison link?

thank you very much for your help!

Well, the Rep number is rising at my place as well, I just wonder if it’s worth it having the BP, to get the ARF also.

:)

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
May I ask what you mean by case shape difference?
Or maybe there is a comparison link?

thank you very much for your help!

Well, the Rep number is rising at my place as well, I just wonder if it’s worth it having the BP, to get the ARF also.

The case shape? Actually if you go back few pages you find some posts with the underwritten not able to spot the wrong shape, and some users trying to convince me :)
For example here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7002422-arf-904l-explorer-i-214270-will-release-very-soon?p=7286513#post7286513
The good
Tete
above everybody :)
But, I still think the ARF version is better for a lot of things, as above said.
Choosing between the two is not easy at all (I'd definetly avoid buying both together, also because parts are not interchangeable!).
I know, I'd better live wearing the watch without observing it obsessively.
Both are gorgeous reps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete and Faj

Faj

10/3/19
I have the BP.
What disturbs me a little bit is the backside case, wearing quite high on my wrist.
Is it due to the movement or has the ARF the same „big butt“?

KeepOnTrucking

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/5/19
East Coast
my advice: get the bp and order an arf bracelet. dont get me wrong: under magnification the arf dial is higher quality, but for daily use the bp is the best "genlike" option at moment (case, dial color, dial numerals)

noob 214270 is imho no option (3 also flawed, wrong lumecolor etc.)

but: my bp a2836 movement died 2 days ago, bought it used, lastet for 2 month...
I just pulled the trigger with Lucy! BP 214270 904L and ARF bracelet! I'll update with pictures once I get it, but it may take a while, as Lucy is notorious for thorough QC with factories prior to shipping.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: cbignose

Faj

10/3/19
Got weak and ordered the ARF too, after receiving, I will be able to answer my own question.

Reactions: Seefeld

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
ARF need completely new Dial that’s all..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolex-ishsubmariner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17
Why can’t I find the post concerning the Rolex super reps? I’ve found it before and now I can’t????

Faj

10/3/19
I have BP and ARF now.
I like the ARFs case much better.
The BP has the nicer dial.

Love them both but favourite is ARF.

Is it hard for a Modder to put the BP dial into the ARF case, as the movement are different? ( SH3132 vs AsiaETA)

Is it an adviceable choice or to much messing around?

Aren’t the indices of the BP to fat?

As for the movement- love em both!

I think the easiest call is the 3 on ARF and the tube on both.

Somebody changed the tube using what part exactly?!

Last edited:

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Recently received the JF V2 via m2m. Such a lovely watch. Still on the fence if this has the E XPLORER fault on the dial or not, i think so. Other than that its such a banger of a watch! SEL looks like 0.01mm lower than the ARF though. You guys would think a ARF bracelet would do a better trick?

VTqbdR.jpg

VTqyZA.jpg

Reactions: jfdupuis and Hans81

pamlovaboriholly

10/6/19
i am leaning towards BP only bc i want a solid movement but are both really hard to discern from gen? are we talkign about splitting hairs when it comes to judging bp vs arf? thank you

Wrp63

8/6/19
CONUS
Recently purchased the ARF from Puretime. Overall a fantastic watch OOTB.

Has anyone tried having a modder swap out the 3 from a gen dial? Seems easy to find a damaged gen dial but I dont know how hard it would be to swap out just the number.
d3f15c6db3b24e97a249c914097e2c75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jfdupuis

14/5/10
I want one bad, but I just dont know which one to get! Arf or bp!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Recently received the JF V2 via m2m. Such a lovely watch. Still on the fence if this has the E XPLORER fault on the dial or not, i think so. Other than that its such a banger of a watch! SEL looks like 0.01mm lower than the ARF though. You guys would think a ARF bracelet would do a better trick?

VTqbdR.jpg

VTqyZA.jpg
How is the movement holding up? Let me know if you decide to sell it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2bad4ya