• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L Explorer i 214270 will release very soon

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
Lucy told me JF is no more produced. It disappeared a few days before ARF was out on puretime. Afaik JF and ARF are the same. So it is obvious that they only produce the higher priced 904L from now on

Is anyone else hearing the same things from their TD? Would that mean there's only new ARF 214270 now?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Why is the 904L better please?

Whether it is worth it or not only you can decide. Take a quick read about the two different steals used, there are several very informative threads.

In my opinion I would never choose one watch over another based on that choice of steal. If Rolex decided to stop using 904 and switch to 316 starting tomorrow, none of there customers would give a hoot either way.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I’m sure there’s v2 fix 3 issue, and maybe new font more close to Gen sample so I will wait no problem there’s great super rep at the moment deserve buying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

B0j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/18
I thought JF was shipping V2s with the fonts and spacing fixed. So the new ARF is just an extra 100$ for 904L?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
It’s very clear they know about dial font and E spacing and 3 number, what the reason for this flaws new release, it’s marketing anyway I didn’t pay 50 cent if they not clone it 99% , iwish not same submariner noob , story without end

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I thought JF was shipping V2s with the fonts and spacing fixed. So the new ARF is just an extra 100$ for 904L?

There’s member said JF will discontinued , only ARF I’m not sure just ask angus Rep game not easy !

B0j

7/4/18
There’s member said JF will discontinued , only ARF I’m not sure just ask angus Rep game not easy !

No I understand that, but JF had updated the dial I believe, forget where but a user mentioned here he received a JF V2 with the correct fonts and spacing. That means the only way the ARF differs is that is has 904L. I’d take the 100$ and 316L any day over it.

Reactions: gilrob and vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No I understand that, but JF had updated the dial I believe, forget where but a user mentioned here he received a JF V2 with the correct fonts and spacing. That means the only way the ARF differs is that is has 904L. I’d take the 100$ and 316L any day over it.

They will fix everything in next versions the playing with us , makers know nothing about forums , it’s marketing

B0j

7/4/18
They will fix everything in next versions the playing with us , makers know nothing about forums , it’s marketing

Totally agreed. That’s my thoughts on all easily fixed reps. They won’t fix the model completely because they won’t be able to release another version which means less easy money.

pigger

30/4/18
Sweeden
i cant see anything wrong with EXPLORER writing. It is the same as gen, you have models 214270 with E XPLORER, little gap between E and X and they are genuine (chrono24)

AriChoresh

30/8/17
i cant see anything wrong with EXPLORER writing. It is the same as gen, you have models 214270 with E XPLORER, little gap between E and X and they are genuine (chrono24)

gens don't have this gap.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
small update: since yesterday you can also order it at ryan for the same price as listed at angus. first batch will be released in a week, so i ll have to wait for some qc pics...

AriChoresh

30/8/17
small update: since yesterday you can also order it at ryan for the same price as listed at angus. first batch will be released in a week, so i ll have to wait for some qc pics...

can you send me the link for it? thank you

pigger

30/4/18
Sweeden
As much as i can see with 214270 with lumens there is a gap between E and X, check or ask your local AD, gap is not as obvious as with non lumen with short hands 214270 but it is still there.

bustdown

Horology Curious
29/8/18
these sharp corners looking horrible on the markers and the hands are too flat just a cutout. It should be more thick and curvy with rounded edges especially the min hand.