• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF v2 SeaDweller 126600 43mm expert advice needed

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18
Hi everyone,

I've been on a hunt fot this beauty for a while and yesterday I decided to go for it. Payment was sent to puretime.io yesterday evening and just got the QC photos , I've got 24 hours to accept or to decline but I'm not an expert Can you please look at the photos and advice.

Thank you.
1dYLC9Vaj8crzeIpQyEzrJ6i3nNFlSvMW

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dYLC9Vaj8crzeIpQyEzrJ6i3nNFlSvMW?usp=sharing

Doc brown

1/11/17
Very good. LC and rehaut well aligned, great watch. Like the greek philosopher Odysseus Elytis would say - You'll come to learn a great deal if you study the Insignificant in depth.

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18
Very good. LC and rehaut well aligned, great watch. Like the greek philosopher Odysseus Elytis would say - You'll come to learn a great deal if you study the Insignificant in depth.

That is indeed a nice quote, The rehaut and the crown at 12 o'clock looks a bit off leaning to wards the left. How can i tell by looking at it that is a V2 and not a V1?

Thank you

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18

I couldn't agree more with you on this. Unfortunately, I'm new to the replica world (never owned a replica) and did not do my research before buying one. I read a few posts about what is the best factory out there but never knew about all the details about qualities etc. I truly apologize for my post earlier and the only reason I posted is because I've seen others getting the help that i needed initially.
Thank you and I'm sorry.

Panos

Doc brown

1/11/17
That is indeed a nice quote, The rehaut and the crown at 12 o'clock looks a bit off leaning to wards the left. How can i tell by looking at it that is a V2 and not a V1?

Thank you

It is slightly on the left but they are all like that. You can open it and unscrew the movement to align it. But that is much better than a lot of other ones being bought. Also the photo angle makes it look worse than it is.

Reactions: Panosass

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18
It is slightly on the left but they are all like that. You can open it and unscrew the movement to align it. But that is much better than a lot of other ones being bought. Also the photo angle makes it look worse than it is.

:) I wish I could have worked on these things. I'm useless when it comes to watches.. Since I was a kid every time I would take one apart, it was garbage afterwards . I didn't know that the inner part I could turn it .
​​​​​​Thanks for your help.. Really appreciate that

Doc brown

1/11/17
:) I wish I could have worked on these things. I'm useless when it comes to watches.. Since I was a kid every time I would take one apart, it was garbage afterwards . I didn't know that the inner part I could turn it .
​​​​​​Thanks for your help.. Really appreciate that

It is very easy my friend you can do it. All you need is a watch case opener. You can buy a whole set for around 20USD to open most rolex watches. Once open, there are only 2 screws on the sides that you can't miss that you loosen and the whole movement will become slightly loose and you just rotate it the way you want. You don't need to pul anything apart. The whole movement will become mobile. It is very easy. Just pull the crown out when you do it to time setting position.

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18
Thanks for the info, I have already declined the watch and I'm hoping that the next one will hopefully be alright. Have you got the same one as well?

Thanks,

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
I think you (and the seller, poor him) are going to take a long long trip of "QCpics/reject watch/new QCpics"...
Looking for "something wrong" is very unrewarding... Those are reps... there will always be "something wrong"
Have a quick look (macro shots should be forbidden) and if you can't see no major defects accept the watch.
Again...those are reps. (And sometimes even gen watches have minor issues)

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18
I think you (and the seller, poor him) are going to take a long long trip of "QCpics/reject watch/new QCpics"...
Looking for "something wrong" is very unrewarding... Those are reps... there will always be "something wrong"
Have a quick look (macro shots should be forbidden) and if you can't see no major defects accept the watch.
Again...those are reps. (And sometimes even gen watches have minor issues)

I've seen a few reps of the specific model I'm after and none of them had the misalignment of the hault that bad. Anubiis mentioned earlier that it can be easily fixed but that is for someone that has trust in himself to operate on watches .... Don't take me wrong on that, I'm a M. Engineer by trade and have done lots of mods on bigger things :) Keeping my fingers crossed that the next one will be the best one i've ever seen.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
I wish you will be happy with your watch...
But a rehaut misalignement isn't anything that I couldn't live with... (maybe 'cause a need spectacles to notice it) :)
Maybe nobody but you can't see that little issue...

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18
I wish you will be happy with your watch...
But a rehaut misalignement isn't anything that I couldn't live with... (maybe 'cause a need spectacles to notice it) :)
Maybe nobody but you can't see that little issue...

Going off a real Sub, I'm trying to get at least the best possible out there. I don't mind the flaws but at least they should not be obvious.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Why post QC’s - breaking forum rules - asking for advice, then ignore that advice? A misaligned rehaut is not obvious, you’ll find the same on real ones as well. You should tread careful with your TD as you may end up on their no sale list if you keep rejecting watches for such little things.

Reactions: MrBeasy

Panosass

Horology Curious
25/7/18
Why post QC’s - breaking forum rules - asking for advice, then ignore that advice? A misaligned rehaut is not obvious, you’ll find the same on real ones as well. You should tread careful with your TD as you may end up on their no sale list if you keep rejecting watches for such little things.

I have apologized previously about posting QC's. I was unaware of that due to the fact that I had found several posts similar to mine seeking advice. Unfortunately, a misaligned rehaut is something that I couldn't leave with nor sleep at night thus my disapproval of that watch. Once again if I have trespassed any rules I truly apologize.
Thank you..

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
muiramas just wanted to confirm, so a QC photo cannot be posted at all even if to verify that you are getting a correct version of the watch? and specific question is asked? Without revealing the TD. I guess seeing so many posts about help with QC photos on here I wasn't sure if it was against the rules either. Thanks

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
you can't post qc photos unless you have accepted.

can you imagine the mayhem if everyone posted their qc pics asking for advice? Every nitpicked flaw would be magnified and it would make TD business very hard. Also, just as important, newbie or not, people need to read and form their own view on acceptability, otherwise what's the point of collecting all this knowledge on the forum?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Limztf

13/10/12
QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer here.

The above is found in the FAQ under newcomers section. Should clear things up coz it’s from the boss trailboss99 himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk