• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help buying a Submariner 16610 lv

inhuman6424

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Hello everyone,
as im new to this im looking for some advice regarding a purchase of a 16610 LV submariner.
Is there a "best" replica version of this watch? Most TD websites I've browsed have multiple versions and being new I cant tell a difference but still would like to get the closest to the original.
Thanks in advance

watchenwatchers

Horology Curious
5/12/16
JF makes a very beautiful 5 digit sub. I have a 116610LN By JF factory and absolutely love the watch. And also you get the YUKI SH3135 movement which is a superior movement compared to the SA3135. With the SH3135 “yuki” you can swap genuine Rolex parts in the watch because it’s an almost exact copy of the gen movement.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I would suggest you spend a week reading up on the subject, that way you'll be able to make your own decision.

inhuman6424

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Thank you all for the advice!
watchenwatchers one follow up question if you don't mind. How long does the watch keep correct time when you don't wear it?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Thank you all for the advice!
watchenwatchers one follow up question if you don't mind. How long does the watch keep correct time when you don't wear it?

Say you wind the watch 30 times in the morning and you wear it for a few hours. The watch then, like most automatic watch, will start losing power or accuracy after +\- 36 hours if you don’t wear it and it will eventually stop. A gen rolex; example, can hold power and accuracy up to 72 hours. For a good chinese movement can hold accuracy for a little over 48 hours.

Don’t be too concern if your watch loses or adds few seconds per hour. If your watch loses or adds more than 5 min a day, then you may need to regulate the watch.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

inhuman6424

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Say you wind the watch 30 times in the morning and you wear it for a few hours. The watch then, like most automatic watch, will start losing power or accuracy after +\- 36 hours if you don’t wear it and it will eventually stop. A gen rolex; example, can hold power and accuracy up to 72 hours. For a good chinese movement can hold accuracy for a little over 48 hours.

Don’t be too concern if your watch loses or adds few seconds per hour. If your watch loses or adds more than 5 min a day, then you may need to regulate the watch.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

That sounds great! I was worried that taking the watch off while sleeping would result in having to re-set it every day. Thank you.
I think that's all I needed to know, now the long wait begins till the watch gets shipped to Europe. Thanks again everyone

watchenwatchers

Horology Curious
5/12/16
I wear my Rolex on the weekend and usually take it off Sunday evening to put on my VSF Pam 441 which is my Work watch. Tuesday when I get home from work it has stoped . So yes around 48hr power reserve is correct. You will not be disappointed in the watch. And also as far as accuracy goes this movement keeps impeccable time. +\- 3 seconds a day. When you get your QC picture make sure you get one of the watch on the time graph machine so you can see the proformance of the watch running.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: efajri

alexandros2

17/2/16
the advice is the same for the JF 16610LN guys? is best ootb?
unfortunately I cannot find the previous post.

Do u think will do a 904L of this 5 digit?