• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Message to Noob Factory - Use your SA4130 to build a SA4161 for the YM II

ywg

3/7/17
Movements look practically the same, I believe the 4161 calibre has the regatta countdown function built on top of it. I am no expert, but it shouldn't be too hard, as the majority of the project is already done, the clone movement building guys just need to integrate the regatta countdown function on top of it. Below is a visual comparison of both movements. puretime please forward this to Noob factory.
ZvPkK.md.jpg
ZvfDe.md.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
I hope that they can make ot becuase this will be amazing dont forget that the ym ii bezel change the comands of the movements.

Reactions: flig80

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
If it would be that simple, don‘t you think they‘d already have done that? :) ;) I agree that this would be nice though.

ywg

3/7/17
If it would be that simple, don‘t you think they‘d already have done that? :) ;) I agree that this would be nice though.

It's something they may have not known, as I said I am no expert and the idea came to my head instantly as I noticed the movements looked similar (without comparison, just my photogenic memory picked up the position of the parts on the Daytona 4130 movement and felt like they were located on the same position on the 4161), so I decided to compare the movements and see if my photogenic memory is not tricking me. Turns out it is not, as you can judge by the pictures.

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
It's something they may have not known, as I said I am no expert and the idea came to my head instantly as I noticed the movements looked similar (without comparison, just my photogenic memory picked up the position of the parts on the Daytona 4130 movement and felt like they were located on the same position on the 4161), so I decided to compare the movements and see if my photogenic memory is not tricking me. Turns out it is not, as you can judge by the pictures.

Your photogenic memory appears to be correct, here is some interesting read: http://calibercorner.com/rolex-caliber-4161/

4161 is based upon 4130 :)

ApOffshore

Banned
1/1/16
Nice
i wonder how to crown connected to the
movement

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
Problem is the movement is attached to the bezel,since the bezel enables the regatta function etc.so no its not that simple at all.

Reactions: MrBeasy

Quavohuncho

Horology Curious
31/3/18
YM2 and Skydweller Will NEVER EVER get repped with the Gen functions!

yeah we where saying that about the tourbillon not too long ago and now we have tourbillon models that would pass for gen(VC Patrimony, IWC(tourby @9o'clock!!!).
i think in a year they show have a skydweller down with gen functions in 904L and finishing we have come to expect from noob/arf. as for a yachtmaster well the gen is acc based on the 4130 so that shouldnt take long to incorporate.

ywg

3/7/17
yeah we where saying that about the tourbillon not too long ago and now we have tourbillon models that would pass for gen(VC Patrimony, IWC(tourby @9o'clock!!!).
i think in a year they show have a skydweller down with gen functions in 904L and finishing we have come to expect from noob/arf. as for a yachtmaster well the gen is acc based on the 4130 so that shouldnt take long to incorporate.

This^

Doc brown

1/11/17
I just purchased a YM II Baselworld 2017 JF.I love it and its very good so far. I would love it if they did this. If they don't I might try to see if I can buy a 4130 noob but I doubt they would sell the 4130 to me by itself. I'm not that well connected.

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Noob maker is going to do some research about the movement. But they think it will take a long time, 1~2 years.

SA4130 movement is not enough now, their daytona watches always out of stocks :(

Reactions: vcappp

ywg

3/7/17
Noob maker is going to do some research about the movement. But they think it will take a long time, 1~2 years.

SA4130 movement is not enough now, their daytona watches always out of stocks :(

Awesome Kobe, I believe they can figure it out quickly, they have the base, it shouldn't be that hard, but again I am no expert. I was actually going to post this on HKRWF also. Please talk to the owner/manager of Noob "Factory".

ApOffshore

Banned
1/1/16
HKRWF is the site with all the news about new releases?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
It's the Chinese Rep watch forum, many makers will see post there. Makers are willing to read Chinese than English.

highly appreciate your participation over here, Kobe! In case you are the same kobe from HKRWF ;)

please keep us informed!

g-yice

Repper 2.0
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/21
EU

Okay so now it is 3 years ago... did anything happen ? :)