• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pic concerns Noob Daytona

Repgoon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/15
Hi guys. Just wanted to check with fellow noob 116500 owners that this is as good as it gets in terms of acceptable flaws?
Sel is ok, bezel 120 marking is slightly off and the sub dial markings aren’t touching at the base. Are these the standard flaws for the noob or should I reject?

Last edited by a moderator:

RepJelly

27/7/18
My bezel is the same on my black face 116500. Also the 140 and the 90 don't line up. I think this is just (sub)standard noob bezel flaw. I honestly didn't even notice until you posted this photo in a different thread. Nobody other than you is ever going to notice on your wrist.

Reactions: Repgoon

Repgoon

27/8/15
Thanks for replying. I’m still contemplating whether to try my luck and hopefully get one with a better sel but if this is as good as it’s gonna get right now then I’ll just green light it. I can live with minor flaws, just wanting to make sure I don’t miss out on anything major because I’m more of a sub guy LOL.

Reactions: seisohai

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Just accept it, nobody's gonna notice it on the wrist. It is too micro unless you use a magnifying glass.

Reactions: Repgoon

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You are comparing that to a gen? WTF dude? It’s a replica!

Repgoon

27/8/15
I suggest you read my OP again, Tucker. I’m just looking for confirmation of known flaws.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I suggest you read my OP again, Tucker. I’m just looking for confirmation of known flaws.

I suggest you put down the pipe. I just read your post for the sixth time. Why in the world would you reject it? The watch is fine. It’s a fake, Chinese made replica. Good lord dude. You have it next to a pic of a gen. It’s going to have some flaws.

Repgoon

27/8/15
Going by your logic, myself and everyone else on here should just pick up a $10 rep off aliexpress and call it a fucking day.

Calm your tits, son.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Going by your logic, myself and everyone else on here should just pick up a $10 rep off aliexpress and call it a fucking day.

Huh? Whatchu talkin’ Bout Willis? That’s a ridiculous statement. Ok. I’ll be honest: The SEL is poor; the bezel 120 marking is off; the sub dial markings aren’t correctly touching the base; the pushers are off and the insert bezel numer paint color is a dead giveaway. Reject and bring on watch #2.

Repgoon

27/8/15
If you were my kid, I’d take you out back and beat you with a stick.

Repgoon

27/8/15
I’ve already gotten the answers I seek in PMs from genuinely helpful members. Good to know there are still good people on here. Thanks for the laugh, Tucker.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I’ve already gotten the answers I seek in PMs from genuinely helpful members. Good to know there are still good people on here. Thanks for the laugh, Tucker.

You’re welcome. I’d say enjoy your watch but with all those flaws that won’t happen.

Repgoon

27/8/15
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that I almost immediately green lighted that watch when I saw the QC pics...so yes, I’m definitely gonna enjoy this watch, flaws an all.

It may be my first Daytona but it isn’t my first rep.:wave-1:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that I almost immediately green lighted that watch when I saw the QC pics...so yes, I’m definitely gonna enjoy this watch, flaws an all.

It may be my first Daytona but it isn’t my first rep.:wave-1:

It’s a great looking rep. Enjoy it.