• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

noob v9 insert platinum colour fading.

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Hi Guys,

I've had my noob v9 for awhile now and the platinum on the insert is starting to fade and starting to turn a little yellow. I've read about the sharpie mod. Can someone please point me to the right post to do this or if anyone have any other ideas to restore colour please let me know.

Thanks,

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
JumpiterT We have a couple of reports that the V9 paint is faded, you are not alone. However the mod that KJ2020 is the best bang for your buck, and it looks pretty damn good.

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Not as bad as Kj’s but I can start to notice it. So just checking if the paint gets on the ceramic you can rub it off with rubbing alcohol after the paint has dried?

eb8d2d3996b3ed6aabca1209a36ce1df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Does this happen to ARF also ?
or only noob ?

No. People have had ARF Seadwellers since November and their Submariner is the same. The V9 is Noobs first insert update since the V7.

The Molotow is much better than the Sharpie, but it feels like going back in time to talk about paint mods again. It sucks that you guys still have to paint the thing.

Reactions: JumpiterT and Nivka

LaraA

15/3/11
No. People have had ARF Seadwellers since November and their Submariner is the same. The V9 is Noobs first insert update since the V7.

The Molotow is much better than the Sharpie, but it feels like going back in time to talk about paint mods again. It sucks that you guys still have to paint the thing.

ARF pros / cons vs noob v9 ?
Sold my noob V7 ...

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Noob bezels suck still it looks like. V7 was a disaster and if this v9 gets discolored after a while thats not any better at all.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Noob bezels suck still it looks like. V7 was a disaster and if this v9 gets discolored after a while thats not any better at all.

We have a huge thread about it, we all know the bezel insert is junk. Overall the 3135 version of the v9 is the better rep, add a crystal and a bezel mod and you are good to go!

Reactions: KJ2020

Drgn7

Horology Curious
31/5/18
Hi guys my noob v9 has grey marks on my "platinum" bezel number. Is this an issue with v9?

RolieBoy

Horology Curious
2/9/16
I also have the same issue with my hulk noob v9...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

cooper1

Horology Curious
25/12/18
Seems like common issue with Noob bezels :mad: . My Hulk also had the platinum start pitting after about a week.