• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Can you confirm something for me if you happen to have gen daytona? Does the crown turn without tightening up at the end? I can just keep turning my gen GMT II indefinitely. While on the Noob Daytona and most rep rolexes, the crown starts to have resistance after maybe 20 turns. Being a clone of the real deal, and if the gen daytona is anything similar to a gen GMT II then I don't see why it can't just keep turning.

The rep movement need to be serviced

blahblah87

Horology Curious
5/5/19
The rotor is audible. I am waiting to pass my watch to a watchsmith where I am to have the rotor silenced if possible. I have a gen GMT II to compare with and the Daytona and Yatchmaster rotors definitely can be heard.

Unless you put the watch right next to your ear you absolutely can't hear the rotor. No one will ever hear your rotor unless you literally put your watch to their ear.

andyaudi42

11/11/07

Just got this baby in the mail today. I totally get the daytona hype now. Damn what a sweet piece. Arf case, bracelet and hands. Noob ceramic bezel noob dial
I think you have the factories flipped in your statement. Looks like arf dial and bezel...

Either way, looking good

Reactions: Lobster2010 and SWI

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I would think it shouldn't keep turning as its not creating a seal then ( water etc )....???
I think you are misunderstanding my question and maybe I am using the wrong word. I meant when I try to wind the watch up using the crown. With my Gen GMT II I can indefinitely wind the watch and the crown won't tighten up. Daytona being an exact clone of the 4130 movement of the real deal, if the real deal can wind indefinitely, then I don't see why the clone can't do the same. Just curious. Not something I would worry over but just curious.

Unless you put the watch right next to your ear you absolutely can't hear the rotor. No one will ever hear your rotor unless you literally put your watch to their ear.
Maybe you got a good rep. My dad has the DJF DJ36 and the rotor is silence OOTB. My daytona is loud when I shake it. I guess it just need a bit of oiling.

The rep movement need to be serviced
You mean there is something wrong with my Daytona movement or just generally need a service. Thanks.

blahblah87

Horology Curious
5/5/19
I think you are misunderstanding my question and maybe I am using the wrong word. I meant when I try to wind the watch up using the crown. With my Gen GMT II I can indefinitely wind the watch and the crown won't tighten up. Daytona being an exact clone of the 4130 movement of the real deal, if the real deal can wind indefinitely, then I don't see why the clone can't do the same. Just curious. Not something I would worry over but just curious.

Maybe you got a good rep. My dad has the DJF DJ36 and the rotor is silence OOTB. My daytona is loud when I shake it. I guess it just need a bit of oiling.

You mean there is something wrong with my Daytona movement or just generally need a service. Thanks.

I'm referring to the NOOB rotor. I can't hear it at all unless I put the watch right next to my ear.

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
In a further cackhanded adventure in diy watch repair I managed to damage the movement in my ARF 116500 as well as snap the chrono second hand so I’m just considering my options (sell, repair, use as donor, throw off cliff etc).

Don’t suppose I can drop in the movement, dial and hands from a noob 116519 SA4130 can I? Or do it with some modification?I assume not, but thought I should ask the experts just in case.

Failing that, can anyone recommend anyone (in the uk preferably) who might be able to repair it?

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
In a further cackhanded adventure in diy watch repair I managed to damage the movement in my ARF 116500 as well as snap the chrono second hand so I’m just considering my options (sell, repair, use as donor, throw off cliff etc).

Don’t suppose I can drop in the movement, dial and hands from a noob 116519 SA4130 can I? Or do it with some modification?I assume not, but thought I should ask the experts just in case.

Failing that, can anyone recommend anyone (in the uk preferably) who might be able to repair it?

What did you damage in the movement? You can PM me if you like.

obbstagarms

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/18
Which factory has the most decent Bezel in term of flatness not the engraved.
Just inspected my sister's 116520 GEN yesterday and spot on this issue.
I had a ARF 116500 V1 and seem like not even close at all.
Or even the GEN 116520 and GEN 116500 have different shape of Bezel?

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
What did you damage in the movement? You can PM me if you like.

Okay, here goes. Maybe someone will learn from my mistakes.

The plan was to center the chrono second hand which was slightly off. I took out the movement and tried to just push the second hand to the correct place (presumably this has potential to damage the movement - I knew what I was doing was fairly reckless for someone with little knowledge of horological movements and was prepared to accept the risks and learn from my mistakes, ha). This kind of worked but at some point I noticed the watch would not start running again without a shake, or blow, or manipulation of balance wheel, even when fully wound. Put the watch together again, noticed chrono second hand had gone off center again, took out movement, this time actually removing and replacing second hand but it wouldn’t reattach properly and also I ended up snapping the ‘opposite’ end off.

In short I am left with the following issues:

1) Broken second hand that doesn’t attach properly.
2) Even when fully wound, watch won’t start running without some kind of prod or shake. Once it gets going it keeps going until power reserve depletes.
3) seems to be losing about 4 minutes a day (was previously just a few seconds)
4) no doubt I’ve let dust in and I’m not sure the movement clamps are very well reattached. Also I don’t think rotor is spinning as freely as it should since my last attempt to put it together.

I’m not proud and I’ve learnt my limits and that some things should be left to the experts. Should I bin the movement?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Have the recent Noob SELs gotten worse? It looks like the SEL's have chipped off a piece on the endlink. Didn't look like that on the earlier shots of it in this thread?

I even saw a noob for sale recently where the SELs were so bad it looks like the SEL of a platinum model :/

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Have the recent Noob SELs gotten worse? It looks like the SEL's have chipped off a piece on the endlink. Didn't look like that on the earlier shots of it in this thread?

I even saw a noob for sale recently where the SELs were so bad it looks like the SEL of a platinum model :/

Like they cant make it right,I dont know how they cant make all SELs perfect on 400-700 dolars watches

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Like they cant make it right,I dont know how they cant make all SELs perfect on 400-700 dolars watches

I know.. Specially considering how perfect they've managed to make the WG models. I mean this SEL is just perfectly sharp and recessed

Reactions: Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
I know.. Specially considering how perfect they've managed to make the WG models. I mean this SEL is just perfectly sharp and recessed

O yeah..it looks recesed an very tight...but both arf and noob makes so bad SELs compared to price.. like they dont know how looks gen SEL

Tobel

6/7/17

So true, that's the one thing that keeps me from buying a SS Daytona...

Last edited: