• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Rathfus

Horology Curious
18/1/19
dashing #2 is looking good. Keep it.

Here is a stock Noob 116520 ... only on an Oysterflex ans Smarty endlinks instead of the bracelet

IMG-9614.jpg

IMG-9615.jpg

Is this a replica Oysterflex and if so where did you get it and how do you determine the sizes that you need to order?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Rathfus
yes it is a “middle“ priced Rep Oysterflex. I bought it on the e-Bay ;)
I have to check and send you than a link.

You can keep the size, or adapt/cut it for correct fitment and length.

It is not a very good Rep of the Oysterflex, but I wanted to get one soon to get a feeling for the look with Oysterflex.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Unless someone has a WG right next to yours 99% of people won't be able to tell anything is different. These are so beautiful to wear, don't deny yourself because of a few shades of silver color.

VM8zoX.jpg

Biggest problem you have there is that the SEL fit is totally wrong. It's only on steel models that the SEL fit is flush downwards. On WG/YG models the SEL goes upwards.. uhm. hard to explain. Let me show on a photo: No rep has successfully done this yet, so it's VERY OBVIOUS that you're wearing a rep if your SEL doesn't look like that.

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Biggest problem you have there is that the SEL fit is totally wrong. It's only on steel models that the SEL fit is flush downwards. On WG/YG models the SEL goes upwards.. uhm. hard to explain. Let me show on a photo: No rep has successfully done this yet, so it's VERY OBVIOUS that you're wearing a rep if your SEL doesn't look like that.

Agree, but you could have a modded steel Daytona with this bezel and dial combination since these parts are available on C24. I will have my watch built exactly like this next week.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Agree, but you could have a modded steel Daytona with this bezel and dial combination since these parts are available on C24. I will have my watch built exactly like this next week.

Would could should.. I mean if I saw that in the wild I'd instantly know 'rep'. My last thought would be that someone put a gen blue dial in his steel model. Maybe 0,02% of gen owners would do that, which leaves me a 99,98% probability that it's a rep :)

I see the idea of WG reps because it's so hard to distinguish from steel anyways, but the completely wrong SEL kind of ruins it for me :/

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
url
i think white gold and platina are the ones with long lugs

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
And rose gold too... it looks like gold and steel have same shape of lugs and SEL

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Would could should.. I mean if I saw that in the wild I'd instantly know 'rep'. My last thought would be that someone put a gen blue dial in his steel model. Maybe 0,02% of gen owners would do that, which leaves me a 99,98% probability that it's a rep :)

I see the idea of WG reps because it's so hard to distinguish from steel anyways, but the completely wrong SEL kind of ruins it for me :/

and the wrong weight, too

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I stand corrected. The YG daytona has same SEL as steel, but WG, Plat and Rose gold have bigger sels :)

Either way, wrong SEL for a WG model. Don't know if factories are too lasy to make different SELs or perhaps just aren't aware of the difference

Reactions: Bobi01

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Can someone send link with video of shaking daytona from noob so i can hear what sound makes rotor? I will be thankfull... tnx in advance

The rotor is audible. I am waiting to pass my watch to a watchsmith where I am to have the rotor silenced if possible. I have a gen GMT II to compare with and the Daytona and Yatchmaster rotors definitely can be heard.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Yeah few days ago i had gen gmt 2 and shaking watch you cant hear rotor like there is no rotor,total silence... dontk know is that on all rolex movements? Total silence

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
Ive received the noob v2.2 last week and i see 3 glaring flaws

1. crystal is a disgrace. its way too high and has an ugly white gasket. because of this problem, watch has 12.88mm thickness. not 12.6mm as claimed.
2. bezel numbers are too bleak. they need to be brighter, without being whiter.
3. rolex dial font is slightly thicker. not a big issue and i wouldnt replace dial because of it but still

other than that updated subdials look perfect, chrono functioning correctly and has smooth winding that sounds similar to gen rolex movt

does anyone have a solution for the crystal and bezel that doesnt involve hunting for gen parts?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

1. crystal is a disgrace. its way too high and has an ugly white gasket. because of this problem, watch has 12.88mm thickness. not 12.6mm as claimed.
2. bezel numbers are too bleak. they need to be brighter, without being whiter.
3. rolex dial font is slightly thicker. not a big issue and i wouldnt replace dial because of it but still

other than that updated subdials look perfect, chrono functioning correctly and has smooth winding that sounds similar to gen rolex movt

does anyone have a solution for the crystal and bezel that doesnt involve hunting for gen parts?

IMG-2559.jpg

Each of your "flaws" have been discussed already in this thread. Search the words "shave" or "crystal".

This is just one example post ...

I have been asked by some members regarding the crystal mod, will try to explain it in here.

The crystal is too high, about .3 mm. To achiev gen thickness of the watch the crystal needs to sit a little lower. You only want to see the facet out of the crystal.

Now this pic shows the crystal
668828a3eef14026b1f54643ce6f042c.jpg

crystal with gasket
48695f5f1531658a0bd9f2721d6dfa7c.jpg

next step is you put the bezel on the crystal so that only the facet
shows out of the bezel. This needs to be even. Now you will have
some material of the gasket which shows out of the bezel. About
.3 mm. Cut this away with a sharp knife. I used a carpet knife.
All done !

ec64229a3bf0e81d1803a6df4d4b5a67.jpg

Last edited:

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

Can you confirm something for me if you happen to have gen daytona? Does the crown turn without tightening up at the end? I can just keep turning my gen GMT II indefinitely. While on the Noob Daytona and most rep rolexes, the crown starts to have resistance after maybe 20 turns. Being a clone of the real deal, and if the gen daytona is anything similar to a gen GMT II then I don't see why it can't just keep turning.

kopite81

2/12/18
Can you confirm something for me if you happen to have gen daytona? Does the crown turn without tightening up at the end? I can just keep turning my gen GMT II indefinitely. While on the Noob Daytona and most rep rolexes, the crown starts to have resistance after maybe 20 turns. Being a clone of the real deal, and if the gen daytona is anything similar to a gen GMT II then I don't see why it can't just keep turning.

I would think it shouldn't keep turning as its not creating a seal then ( water etc )....???