• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Maybe because it’s a rep and not gen. No rep is perfect no matter how the dealer is advertising it. Of course there will be flaws. Some more obvious than others.

Reactions: ginopino

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Dunno if using those pics are the best thing.

Easiest and most definitive way is to get electronic calipers and measure it. There has been numerous videos from the chinese websites they measure the calipers and its very very close.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
So the arf 13 mm and noob 12.7-8 isnt that much difference

lucassith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/15
Love my ARFs, it is so gen like! Awesome piece! Look at them!
bf0188e7a7329f836c96786dbcf1378f.jpg
b1ae3976adc51616dc99aa84e383fb11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
So the arf 13 mm and noob 12.7-8 isnt that much difference

My stock Noob 116520 and Noob 116500 has 12,4 / 12,5mm
My thinned ARF 116520 had 12,5mm (removed deco plates and thin caseback from JF slim Daytona)

So a stock Noob is very very close to GEN thickness.
Stock ARF has approx 13,1mm/13,2mm => when you remove the deco plates and install a slim caseback you are also very close to GEN thickness.

ADT

24/4/19
Italia
My opinion on the matter is that the chronograph par excellence (the Daytona) cannot be a non-chronograph ... Arf have created the short blanket ... He created a case like a gen but to create it have froze the chrono functions, and this in a Daytona clone is absurd!!!... Many people say to me: "yes, okay, but who you think that want to make the time trial run for over 30 seconds?" my answer is that I don't care about others, what matters is that it wouldn't be good for me and for my wrist... it's like buying a GMT without CHS... Noob, unlike Arf, has not done things half ... He created a true clone of the Daytona. In my opinion, a clone must be form and substance, arf is only form, the NOOB is form and substance.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Too bad the Noob looks sub par compared to the ARF. The case and movement are great on the Noob. The bezel and dial and bracelet should be replaced. Especially the bezel looks cheap and wrong.

ADT

24/4/19
Italia
Too bad the Noob looks sub par compared to the ARF. The case and movement are great on the Noob. The bezel and dial and bracelet should be replaced. Especially the bezel looks cheap and wrong.

In the Noob V2 version, the dial has improved a lot... The ceramic bezel have a correct point of white... But most of all, the Noob is a real chrono!!! Have a Daytona that has no chrono function is like have a Submariner that drowns in a puddle...

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I still think the dial looks a lot better on the ARF and the bezel on the Noob looks poor to me and then there is the bracelet which is also a step up on the ARF. But sure the movement and case are great and I see why you wouldn't want a non functioning chrono. I would replace the parts mentioned with ARF or gen if one can get them, though.

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I was going to replace the dial on my V2 Noob with an ARF dial until I found out the ARF dial have rings that are thinner then the gen. The Noob V1 is too thick and the ARF is too thin. The V2.2 Noob rings is the same size as gen but the "O" is a bit off but not noticeable on the wrist. Also I read in another thread that the ARF dial is not as white as the Noob or gen.

So right now for me I'm keeping the Noob V2.2 dial and just going to change the bezel with an ARF. Also I save money by not buying a new ARF dial and having it modded to fit the Noob case :D

ADT

24/4/19
Italia
I still think the dial looks a lot better on the ARF and the bezel on the Noob looks poor to me and then there is the bracelet which is also a step up on the ARF. But sure the movement and case are great and I see why you wouldn't want a non functioning chrono. I would replace the parts mentioned with ARF or gen if one can get them, though.

I still think that Arf has created a short blanket that covers one part but discovers another ... A Daytona that has no chrono function is not a Daytona, it is almost worse than a hybrid Daytona ... Noob has it all !! Thickness, steel, dial, movement, functions. For me, in its entirety is decidedly superior to arf

Reactions: SuperLory

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Whatever rocks your boat I guess. I think the Noob dial is noticeably cheaper looking than the ARF even if the ARF subdials are a fraction of a milimeter too thin compared to gen observed with an electron microscope. But hey we don't all have to agree. Obviously the movement in the Noob is miles ahead.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
In the video, the noob looked pretty good, won't be called out on the wrist imo

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
If your concern is being called out either is fine. Even a cheaper rep would suffice if that's your main concern most likely. Nobody will call you out. I am not concerned with making other people think my rep is a gen. For me it's about personal appreciation of the details. I can't tell you to look better if you cannot see that it's cheap looking and not gen like and the ARF parts are better looking. But to me it's obvious. Most likely nobody will notice unless they are really into watches and look up close or compare it to a gen side by side. Most people in here don't like hearing the truth that a rep is just that - a rep - and that it is usually not hard to tell if you're into watches.

eta-phi

Looking Around
25/4/19

Thought I'd point out some key points in the comparison.
Gen on the left, Noob on the right.

Start: Introducing the watch, going over the parts, price, and saying how the resale price keeps increasing.

4:11: Something about the central portion of the subdial hands; Gen has solid portions, Noob has hollow portions. Not visible on the hand. (Note: I can't quite see the difference here.)

4:37: The outer black part of the subdials; Gen is extremely black, Noob has a greyish tone. This might be easier to pick out. However, it's only visible when compared next to each other.

5:33: Chrono buttons are pretty much the same.

5:45: Drawing your attention to the top and bottom buttons of the Gen. The top appears slightly shorter and rougher, while the bottom is longer and smoother. If this was a fake watch, you might go "Ah, the quality of this watch sucks. Seems like the lengths aren't even the same." First, don't raise the Gen on a pedestal as perfection. Second, a lot of the problems that you nitpick on will also be present on Gens. He's not sure if this particular problem is universal or only on his watch.

6:38: Bezel numbers. There's a small difference in coloration. The Gen gives off a greyish feeling. The Noob appears to be whiter. (Note: so much for people saying that the Noob indicators are too dark and dull.)

7:46: If these differences are not pointed out and placed side by side, you won't be able to notice them.

8:07: Brushed outer portion of the bracelet. Gen is shinier and more refined, Noob is duller.

8:39: Gen is 12.3 mm thick, Noob is 12.8 mm. The 0.5 mm difference is meaningless. All other measurements are identical.

The last few minutes is about how most people nitpicking get it wrong, how you can't compare it to photos, etc.

12:16: Apart from the ice-blue Daytona, feel free to choose from all the other colors.

12:36: He's swapping the bracelet parts to check that they're exact fits.

14:28: If you don't want to wait in line for the Gen, you can get the Noob and save yourself 17,000 USD in one breath. 99% of people will agree that this is a good deal.