• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
I wonder how the quality of the clasp is compared to gen. The ARF build quality is definitely better then noob with the plain eye.
Anybody has some experience?
30267b5ff536405a784f4703acb9c61a.jpg
244201b3951fa2eff07876a3ab866713.jpg

Reactions: Kitosarg

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Gen 7750 in arf case? Isnt arfs 7750 slimmer modified?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I wonder how the quality of the clasp is compared to gen. The ARF build quality is definitely better then noob with the plain eye.

Wow the ARF clasp really looks a lot better. I’m amazed by the magnitude.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18

have you tried the arf bracelet on the noob? if so, whats your opinion on the fitting?

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
have you tried the arf bracelet on the noob? if so, whats your opinion on the fitting?

The ARF bracelet does not fit the Noob. It is too narrow. It's tens of millimeters but it is not working. The clasp works for sure.
But I wonder how it compares to gen.

The Tourist

27/3/14
The Tourist Something is wrong with your shipment, I'm from Slovenia and I get the parcels from the UK in 7 days max., but normally in about 4. And I'm talking about regular RMSD mail, not some express courier service. It's also unusual that you haven't received the tracking number. Contact your TD ASAP!

Yes, Indeed, there is something wrong and a bit fishy. I still didn't receive my watch which I ordered mid of January! Of course I contacted my TD a dozen times and just a few days ago I finally was offered that he gets a new one for me if the ordered watch doesn't arrive back to him* in the next days.
*He told me that he found out in the meantime, that the watch surprisingly is on its way back to him!? Anyway, there is hope that I will get someting soon. fingerscrossed

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Yes, Indeed, there is something wrong and a bit fishy. I still didn't receive my watch which I ordered mid of January! Of course I contacted my TD a dozen times and just a few days ago I finally was offered that he gets a new one for me if the ordered watch doesn't arrive back to him* in the next days.
*He told me that he found out in the meantime, that the watch surprisingly is on its way back to him!? Anyway, there is hope that I will get someting soon. fingerscrossed

This is unacceptable, I'd contact the mods for advice/help. You did buy from a TD after all.. I wouldn't even think about negotiating with the TD, you paid good money for triangle shipping and got nothing. Get a refund and buy the watch from another TD. Two and a half months?? FFS...

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
Mate, don't bother with the ARF, it's just not worth it.
EXACTLY!

Wouldn't bother with the ARF Daytona's at all. Especially now that Noob is finally doing something about those dreaded fat subdials.

But even before they did anything to the dials the white dial 500C never looked particularly out of place.

Here's my V1 with gen crystal fitted. Fits right in...
690c1bb4fa12c1142e87b2090c56c373.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I’ve got a few noob Daytona’s an at ARF, all ceramic bezels, does anybody else get this “fade” or discoloring of the tachy?

notice on Units per hour is darker than the rest of the numbers

Reactions: Rolemars

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I’ve got a few noob Daytona’s an at ARF, all ceramic bezels, does anybody else get this “fade” or discoloring of the tachy?

notice on Units per hour is darker than the rest of the numbers

It’s dirt. Some washing up liquid on a toothbrush will bring it up like new.

lilmoogz

Known Member
15/11/18
Tried that one mate, no change

I had this same problem. At first I thought it was dirt too. However I found that it was due to the engravings being too thin therefore the text appears darker. If you shine a bright light on to it you will see the engravings are white just too thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I had this same problem. At first I thought it was dirt too. However I found that it was due to the engravings being too thin therefore the text appears darker. If you shine a bright light on to it you will see the engravings are white just too thin.

I think you’re right here, as under direct sunlight it isn’t noticeable, it’s more indoor lighting where it shows. Anybody know if the ARF dial has the same issue?

lilmoogz

Known Member
15/11/18
I think you’re right here, as under direct sunlight it isn’t noticeable, it’s more indoor lighting where it shows. Anybody know if the ARF dial has the same issue?

It annoyed me too much so I would up selling it. Although I don’t think all noob bezels have this issue.

The arf Bezel has better engravings.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
It annoyed me too much so I would up selling it. Although I don’t think all noob bezels have this issue.

The arf Bezel has better engravings.

Since I noticed it I’m looking into an aftermarket bezel, the worse part is how uneven it is. Might try a silver mod to lighten it up

Reactions: KJ2020

Bobi01

2/2/19
I was in local watchsmith and and asked him will he service my watch with asian7750 movement and he said that he is watchmaker like 50 years and it is no need to service any movement when it is new hahah... i think i cant find anyone who can do it in my city

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
There is no need to service a new 7750, he couldn't be more right. And you don't have to service the ARF 7750, you just need to remove the deco plate and replace the rotor, because it's too lightweight and it doesn't wind the watch properly. You can clean and lube it a bit and you're good to go. But like I said, ARF Daytona is a waste of money. The costs of replacing the rotor will bring you very near to the price of Noob. And Noob is light years away in terms of movement quality, there's simply no comparison/contest.